• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any awful tournament stories?

TrashWaifu

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
7921 1270 4528
I was browsing twitter today and saw a post that claimed that the parental controls activated during a match in an ultimate tourney. Regardless of whether this actually happened or not, I was curious to hear if any of y'all have had any bad experiences with tourneys, online included.

The worst I can think of is a time someone asked me to "help" organize a tournament with like 150+ people in it (online). It went well, but the TO was busy doing his matches instead of actually helping. So while I'm trying to take care of everyones issues and making sure the DQ's didn't affect people's wait times too badly, the TO starts raging. He lost 0-2 to a Rosa on his first match. He then insisted that rosa and all top tiers (which he insisted that bowser was a top toer btw because of grabs) should be banned. Eventually he just left because he said the pressure and stress was too much for him even though he did literally nothing. Props to everyone else in the tourney for being absolute lads and doing great though.

How about y'all?

Top Bottom