• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any Authors?

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
So i am an author in the making, lol, as i have always enjoyed writing and hope to become a published author some day.

I mainly write fantasy but i also have a romance fiction series in the works and a sci-fi novel, horror novel, and an assassin trilogy.

I was just wondering if there are any authors or hopefuls here like me?

slambros

Smash Ace
I've written one science-fiction novel, and I'm working on two sequels to it. I've also written two plays, one of them locally produced last year, and the other having a good chance of being produced.

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Does writing bad fanfiction count? I'll link my profile if anyone wants a good laugh.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I write fanfics, OCs for a couple fandoms, ideas/basic plots for a book or movie....but I usually end up getting a ton written in the first day then barely ever coming back to it.

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
I write fanfics, OCs for a couple fandoms, ideas/basic plots for a book or movie....but I usually end up getting a ton written in the first day then barely ever coming back to it.
Same. I update my fanfic(s) about once every year. Shame, really, because I come up with actually pretty original ideas.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I think the two I've gotten the most progress on are one that takes place in the RWBY universe, and another about Cammy from Street Fighter turning evil again.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Sure. I've written a couple of short stories. Mainly as a way of passing time tbh, gives me something productive to focus on. They aren't that good though, and aren't that original either.

D

Deleted member

Well I've written two vignette and one short story over the summer. Currently I am booked with college so I am unable to write, but I will eventually return to it. I should mention they are fanfictions and I don't write romance (or smut for the matter). My short story is considerably better than my two vignette but I am keeping all of my stories up to remind myself how far I've come. My goal is to successfully pull off my dream fanfiction, but that's not to say I won't venture into original stories to improve my craft. Given how ambitious my story is, I expect to be writing for a long time.

One thing I love about fanfictions is the ability to place character you like into different situations and explore aspects not covered (or barely covered) in the game, movie, TV show, books, etc. Unfortunately, good fanfictions are few and far in between, so I now only read original stories (unless it is done as a favor or to leave reviews in exchange for constructive criticisms on one of your stories). Only good story I have come across is "Bringer of Death" (probably the best Dragon Ball fanfiction out there).

ZRoy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0731-4868-5857
Have published some news stuff online before (was part of a publication). And I like writing scripts for fun. It's good stuff!

young grasshopper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4227-3446-5848
I haven't written anything extensively, but I come up with plot, character, and world-building ideas all the time. Some of them make it to the outline phase...

I am actually planning on making a serious attempt at my newest idea, though. Probably going to look for an artist and maybe a co-writer to make it into a webcomic.

Top Bottom