• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any amiibo trainers on here?

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I've been trying to find other amiibo trainers in the corners of the internet and I'd like to know if there's anyone on here who trains or has trained their amiibo. There's a very deep metagame in Smash 4 and Ultimate both for amiibo training, and hopefully I can inspire someone else to try it out!
So... does anyone here train their amiibo?

popemanz

Smash Apprentice
ME I TRIED TO DO MONEY MATCHES AT A TOURNEY BUT EVERYONE WERE PUSSYES

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
I've trained all of my amiibos to level 50 in smash 4. I have about 30 of them but I have no where near the same interests of training them as I did back then. I've only trained like 5 to level 50 now and didn't do much right after. I'll probably try to improve on a couple of them and I do like the new personalities they can have, but I'm definitely not going to go all out on 30+ amiibo again.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
Whats the significance of training an Amiibo for Sm4sh or Ultimate?

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Whats the significance of training an Amiibo for Sm4sh or Ultimate?
Mostly it's an entirely different metagame. Amiibo function entirely different than players or CPUs despite being built off of the CPUs. Plus they're actually very thoroughly programmed and make for quite a fun time when you're participating in a tournament.

I've trained all of my amiibos to level 50 in smash 4. I have about 30 of them but I have no where near the same interests of training them as I did back then. I've only trained like 5 to level 50 now and didn't do much right after. I'll probably try to improve on a couple of them and I do like the new personalities they can have, but I'm definitely not going to go all out on 30+ amiibo again.
Yeah, I don't blame you there. Even though it takes half the time to train an amiibo to 50 it still feels like a chore to get them to 50 so the real training can begin. I should mention now that I think about it though, we've figured out a way to get them to 50 inside of 30 minutes. That should make training much easier.
Did you ever do tournaments with them? The scene has had a tournament almost every day since release.

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Yeah, I don't blame you there. Even though it takes half the time to train an amiibo to 50 it still feels like a chore to get them to 50 so the real training can begin. I should mention now that I think about it though, we've figured out a way to get them to 50 inside of 30 minutes. That should make training much easier.
Did you ever do tournaments with them? The scene has had a tournament almost every day since release.
Sadly no. I would like to go out for amiibo stuff sometime in the future though.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
Mostly it's an entirely different metagame. Amiibo function entirely different than players or CPUs despite being built off of the CPUs. Plus they're actually very thoroughly programmed and make for quite a fun time when you're participating in a tournament.
So it sounds like they are still cpu controlled? Does that mean that matches are basically come down to training/matchups/luck?

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
So it sounds like they are still cpu controlled? Does that mean that matches are basically come down to training/matchups/luck?
Mostly training, there's not much in the way of matchups or luck. Of course there is still an element of RNG in it, but no more than mainstream competitive Smash.
Most of the fun of amiibo comes from participation, anyway, so it's a bit niche.

BigMac1304

Smash Apprentice
I LOVE training Amiibos and ngl I was about to make a thread about this. I'm wondering what the best way to train your Amiibo is.

Not at all. While Amiibos are kinda CPU, you can train them certain ways and in the end that is where they "learn". Realistically, the Amiibo will play similarly to the way you do, and if you want to change that, then play the way you want your Amiibo to play.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I LOVE training Amiibos and ngl I was about to make a thread about this. I'm wondering what the best way to train your Amiibo is.
So there's kind of a lotta discussion about this, it really depends on where your amiibo is in its training. Most people just mirror match their amiibo until level 50, and that usually works pretty well at getting your amiibo to use a lot of the same moves you use.
The problem is, the amiibo that win tournaments typically don't win tournaments, they usually have some kind of weird, wacky training method that nobody saw coming until it worked. So it's kind of up in the air as to how amiibo training should be in Ultimate.

R O F L

Smash Ace
I've been training amiibo ever since the launch of wave 2. Nice to know that people still train them instead of just, well, keeping them.

I always do ditto matches until they're level 20, then I start using other characters and occasionally do ditto matches until they're 50. Not sure if this is the best way, just the way I do it.

Also, I heard that people usually train them on timed matches. It apparently makes them more aggressive.

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I've been training amiibo ever since the launch of wave 2. Nice to know that people still train them instead of just, well, keeping them.

I always do ditto matches until they're level 20, then I start using other characters and occasionally do ditto matches until they're 50. Not sure if this is the best way, just the way I do it.

Also, I heard that people usually train them on timed matches. It apparently makes them more aggressive.
Idk about timed matches, but that's actually pretty close to the bestish way to do it. Your amiibo intuition is spot on!

Top Bottom