• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any advice for a new diddy player?

McWaffles

Still grinding to be decent.
Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
I'm new to Diddy Kong, I found out that he is an insanely fun character in Project M, he has an amazing neutral game, great punishes, and so on. So, is there anything I should know before I start playing him competitively? :p Thanks in advance! :diddy:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
These forums are super dead man, I've been trying to find good info but I just can't. Hope we can run into better luck....

McWaffles

Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
These forums are super dead man, I've been trying to find good info but I just can't. Hope we can run into better luck....
yeah same.. it's kinda outrageous. People need to play Diddy more often. He's such a good character

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
yeah same.. it's kinda outrageous. People need to play Diddy more often. He's such a good character
I know. It's like that on every character I like to play. Diddy, charizard, pit. There's litteraly like 6 post a week in project M forums, where melee and smash 4 gets hundreds (maybe thousands) in the same amount of time. It's really sad how these forums are empty, because project M is my favorite of the 3

Last edited:

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand why people don't play PM as much as they should. My guess is that it is probably the hardest to play because it is a technical as melee, but you have to know 30+ matchups rather then your average 3-10. I also don't think it is as hype as the others because characters that are slow and unappealing to watch are just as good as the technical characters that take months to learn.

McWaffles

Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
I know. It's like that on every character I like to play. Diddy, charizard, pit. There's litteraly like 6 post a week in project M forums, where melee and smash 4 gets hundreds (maybe thousands) in the same amount of time. It's really sad how these forums are empty, because project M is my favorite of the 3
Mewtwo forums are kinda active though lol

McWaffles

Slippi.gg
JAKE#988
NNID
TheMcWaffles
3DS FC
2337-7097-9360
Switch FC
SW-6907-3206-1991
I don't understand why people don't play PM as much as they should. My guess is that it is probably the hardest to play because it is a technical as melee, but you have to know 30+ matchups rather then your average 3-10. I also don't think it is as hype as the others because characters that are slow and unappealing to watch are just as good as the technical characters that take months to learn.
Exactly but imo melee is more harder cause that steep learning curve.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
With DIddy you have to rely on gimps to kill. (Side-B offstage, etc.) You have to utilize bananas very well also. Bananas can be an insane combo tool when used correctly, but it takes years of practice to truly master them. Use Fair to kill near ledges, dair offstage, and nair to chain. Try to play a seoncdary character in bad matchups (Wolf, Bowser).

Top Bottom