• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Any 17 or younger smash players here?

JingleJangleJamil

Banned via Warnings
I'm a 15 year old smash player and sometimes I feel a little alone when I think of how most competitive players are adults who have been playing smash since before I even knew how to say words. Any players on here who are considered to not be an adult and who likes to play competitively? I made this post, because I got tired of seeing all the people saying the "Karissa the Destroyer" hoax couldn't be true since she is I think 10 years old? I know it was proven wrong,but they seem to be under the impression that a kid or teenager can't be good at the game because of their age.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
There are plenty of young smashers that very in skill. @Lunchables is a top PM player in tx/best TINK player and he's 15

The best Olimar is 16(pm player)

I know a few high schoolers in my scene, so yo just gotta look. If you look enough, you can find smashers near you, that happen to be around your age. I suggest searching for Facebook groups and checking smashboards to see if your scene has a thread up.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm working on playing at a top level and I'm like, 15.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Most smashers started young, tbh you should be glad because your capacity for learning is huge at a younger age, you'll catch up really fast don't worry.

BerzerkPixel

Smash Cadet
It's really nice to know that people my age (I'm 16) and even younger are interested in competitive Smash. It's especially hard to find anyone in school with the same interest (in my school anyways) in the new generation.

Last edited:

Nsxxe

Smash Rookie
NNID
Nsxxee
16 here a couple of my friends are interested in competitive smash as well, we've been planning on going to local tournaments recently but haven't gotten around to it. Don't worry there are plenty of younger smashers.

Pusha

Smash Rookie
I only got into smash competitively recently, (im 18) but i definitely wish i'd been playing for longer.

Hellzsaint

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hellzsaint
3DS FC
0087-2525-0130
I'm 17, You're not alone at all. I thought there were more minors than adults playing this game anyways.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I'm 14, currently trying to get better with Shulk and Palutena. If anyone in this thread wants to play, i'm up for it. I don't have many people I can rely on to play Smash every day, i'm always looking for people to play it with.

Nooph

Smash Cadet
i turned 18 about two weeks ago. i just got into competitive smash about six months ago, so i was at one point qualified as a minor on this site.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I'm 14 and granted I never got a chance to play smash in early days mainly because I was learning how to do basic math at the time. I am not really bothered by the whole age gap thing I mean it just gives me more of a advantage but what does bother me is trying to find other competitive people theres a whole 1 guy at my school who plays and he's bush leaguge. And I would love to go to smash feast but between school and the fact I would have to Convince my parents to let me go to Iowa city and crash with a bunch of 20 something's in order to play smash. I main Alph which doesn't help to get people to take me serious.anyway rant aside I wish there was a crew of "scrubs" I could join sense all the groups in my area go back like 10 years. Anyway just know your not alone.

Last edited:

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I'm 14, currently trying to get better with Shulk and Palutena. If anyone in this thread wants to play, i'm up for it. I don't have many people I can rely on to play Smash every day, i'm always looking for people to play it with.
I could play with you i could also use someone to practice with everyday(actually every other day due to school) I main Alph but I'm also good with mega man,Marth, and Little Mac. So if you still need a partner message me.

Last edited:

jaytorgator

Smash Cadet
Ayy. B) 17 here, and going strong. Personally, I don't think that age is the most important thing when it comes to smash. I have a lot of friends at the high school who go to tournaments and play to win, all that jazz. Some beat college students all the time. Personally, I'm not a competitive smasher, but I wouldn't be against the idea of going to tourneys. It might be funny to watch a 17 year old Charizard player do semi-decent at tournament level.

Thinking about it, it's almost better if you start smash younger. This period of time is when people learn the most: school. Kids in modern society have been trained to think and to learn very quickly. Starting smash at a younger age kind of lets you develop those skills alongside your learning. If I didn't play as much Brawl as I did when I was in 6th grade, I'd still be struggling to find out how to properly do a wavedash.

robbielaburns

Smash Rookie
There are plenty of young smashers that very in skill. @Lunchables is a top PM player in tx/best TINK player and he's 15

The best Olimar is 16(pm player)

I know a few high schoolers in my scene, so yo just gotta look. If you look enough, you can find smashers near you, that happen to be around your age. I suggest searching for Facebook groups and checking smashboards to see if your scene has a thread up.
I'm 13, and I play Smash Bros PM, even though I'm quite new to it...

S3ph_Jhxlr8r

Smash Rookie
Melee online? I'm sorry if that sounds ignorant but I've never heard of it.granted I only play Pm and SM4SH.
Assuming you know what Super Smash Bros. Melee is, basically you get Dolphin DC Netplay and run a melee iso file through it. You can then play Super Smash Bros. Melee online.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
It's completely free as well. As it is a computer program.
Is its community active in any comparable way to Pm? My sheik game in Pm is pretty op and it reminds me a lot of when I played melee.

S3ph_Jhxlr8r

Smash Rookie
So far the Melee online community doesn't seem very active but there are online tournaments now and then. You'd have to ask around the forums to find people who are playing online and see if they'll do sets with you. And to be honest I'm not sure how sheik well would translate between games.
Is its community active in any comparable way to Pm? My sheik game in Pm is pretty op and it reminds me a lot of when I played melee.

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
So far the Melee online community doesn't seem very active but there are online tournaments now and then. You'd have to ask around the forums to find people who are playing online and see if they'll do sets with you. And to be honest I'm not sure how sheik well would translate between games.
Well either way thanks for the info I always learn something new on here about smash. And I know this is really off topic but I just started doing online crew battles and im low on any members so if your ever intrested in trying SM4SH online crew battles message me.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I could play with you i could also use someone to practice with everyday(actually every other day due to school) I main Alph but I'm also good with mega man,Marth, and Little Mac. So if you still need a partner message me.
I'm up for it. Message me when you want to play! :4palutena::4shulk::4robinf::4falco::4duckhunt:

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
17 right here. I'm thinking of joining Smash 4 tournaments if not for school and the work I have to put into it.

Getting better with my Shulk, Mega Man, and Robin in the meantime is nice as well...

-Tic-

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mr_Squibbles
3DS FC
1177-6957-0006
16 years old. High ranked smash 4/melee player in NorCal. Yay for me. If anybody wants to play melee netplay or smash 4 just hit me up :D

Last edited:

-Tic-

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mr_Squibbles
3DS FC
1177-6957-0006
I'm 14, currently trying to get better with Shulk and Palutena. If anyone in this thread wants to play, i'm up for it. I don't have many people I can rely on to play Smash every day, i'm always looking for people to play it with.[/quote
Message me if you wanna play sometime.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I'm 16. With me and my friend being the youngest active members of our local Smash community, its pretty cool seeing that in Smash, age doesn't really matter to anyone. If anything, it helps get me respect for being really good considering how much younger I am than everyone else.

CT_Emerl

Smash Cadet
Hello CT_Emerl Here :003:: I just turned 14 and ive been playing smash melee for only 3 years. Im not a casual player at all, but at the same time Im not a competitive player(YET). anyways there aren't many Roy players besides sethlon so I roy is my main

Anyways continue your melee journey my friend
Sincerely, CT_Emerl :003: :roymelee:

IsaiahC1999

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kingdomhearts156
We'll I always thought I'm the only smasher who is young.im 15 about to turn 16.next month.and question if there is somebody i can play with text me

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
We'll I always thought I'm the only smasher who is young.im 15 about to turn 16.next month.and question if there is somebody i can play with text me
It depends which smash do you play (if its smash 4 which verison)?

GhettoNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
DaGhettoNinja
3DS FC
2724-1629-7971
I have all smash games so I play both wii u and 3ds versions
I can't play atm becuase I have school tomorrow and i have to start my history project that's due tomorrow... Yay for procrastinating but if you want to measage me either on here or on my Kik we could find a time to do it.....now back to finishing a 1 week project in 2 hours -_-7

Last edited:
Top Bottom