• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anti-Falco Laser Tips

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
I find that when I face Falco I can manage edge-guarding, comboing, and escaping combos not too bad, but I really get locked down by short-hop lasers. Are there any good tips for when the Falco is one short-hop laser away from Luigi? I end up trying to shield the attacks way too much, so I want to try fixing it.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Shield the laser they shoot before they sh laser approach in your face and wd back before he can pressure hard. Even if you PS you need to react immediately. Don't just avoid him directly attacking your shield, normally you want to avoid the situation that happens before that lol. Watch Blea vs porkchops for ideas.

MurphyPrime

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm just trying to think of how to get out of the lasers if they do get it started. I'm usually fine if I can prevent them from getting set up.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
If you get hit while airborne also a lot of times you can fair or nair out of it and start a techchase or combo.

säpo.

Smash Apprentice
You can also act surprisingly fast after getting hit by a laser. If they're close to you just choose the right attack. Ftilt is magic.

Prepare_Yourself

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-6422-0231
Should I be jumping straight out of a shielded laser? I know this is a good option for characters like Fox and Sheik, but Luigi jumps so slowly it kind of scares me. What do I want to do once my shield has taken a laser form across the stage?

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Should I be jumping straight out of a shielded laser? I know this is a good option for characters like Fox and Sheik, but Luigi jumps so slowly it kind of scares me. What do I want to do once my shield has taken a laser form across the stage?
Close in, wd back is good, from across the stage, you can jump to platform waveland, but try to ps the laser. You have to play according to how Falco plays unfortunately.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Watch blea vs porkchops, eddy Mexico vs bimbo Mexico, and westballz vs socal Luigis for evolved meta.

Last edited:

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
Platform camping kills falco's lasers. Try waiting for falco to come up to the platforms, then punish accordingly, or you can drop down occasionally with an aerial to throw him off

Top Bottom