• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anthers Ladder Smash Circuit?

SfW_Bear

Smash Cadet
NNID
ant363
During math today while thinking about how hype the 2gg Championship Series is this had me thinking. Why cant we do this for anthers ladder as well? Or at least something of the sort. Its definitely possible to do so and would help grow the anthers community if it got alot of steam and big names behind it to get the word out. The Crew discord server has already taken steps in this direction with the Smash Bros Crew League https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj-sLjF_Hvc And if they can do it the Anthers community definitely can do it. Let me know what you think and what steps we should take to make this a reality. Right now Anther even told me that smash 4 usage of anthers ladder is on the decline and to me this is crazy due to how amazing the platform is in helping people learn and improve.

Luisfer

Smash Rookie
I feel like Anther's community has declined because of the increase in use of Discord Servers, since now most players talk to each other and arrange friendlies from there.

On the other hand, if the "Anther's Ladder Smash Circuit" worked like an invitational, for example... taking the top 32 ranked players, it would definitely help in increasing the ladder's activity. Doing that in a monthly fashion + prizes would help a lot and it would have the potential to be THE online tournament everyone wants to attend, which is something that's lacking at the moment.

SfW_Bear

Smash Cadet
NNID
ant363
I feel like Anther's community has declined because of the increase in use of Discord Servers, since now most players talk to each other and arrange friendlies from there.

On the other hand, if the "Anther's Ladder Smash Circuit" worked like an invitational, for example... taking the top 32 ranked players, it would definitely help in increasing the ladder's activity. Doing that in a monthly fashion + prizes would help a lot and it would have the potential to be THE online tournament everyone wants to attend, which is something that's lacking at the moment.
That's actually a really cool way to get people back to anthers. Besides the panda global key to (insert major) their aren't really any huge online tournaments

Luisfer

Smash Rookie
I wonder if Anther would really be up for it :) it would be pretty cool to do.

Top Bottom