• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Answer my survey and possibly WIN a free flight TO and FROM EVO this year! UPDATED 12/3!

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Hello everyone!

EDIT: 250 PARTICPANT SPOTS LEFT!
I have also updated the names of the particpants so far, and their chosen number.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO CHOOSE A NUMBER AFTER YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE SURVEY OTHERWISE I DON'T KNOW HOW I CAN INCLUDE YOU IF WE REACH THE PRIZE FOR EVO TICKET OR GC CONTROLLER(S).WRITE YOUR NUMBER IN THIS SB POST - IT IS NOT ENOUGH TO SEND ME MAIL!

If you wish to skip all the talking and head staright to the survey: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/20093...-on-their-negative-mood-or-their-stress-state

A link to the survey will also be posted below, with a small description, if you wish to read my wall of text before you start =)

Allow me to introduce myself, I am old school smasher from Norway that stopped playing smash quite some time ago due to several rl issues and also the fact that I started studying. There has been many years since I played, but I still find and found the game somewhat enjoying (from a spectator pov), and tried and still try to watch the big torunaments on stream whenever I have the possibility and free time to do so.

Currently I live in Budapest, and I am working on my master thesis. As you may have guessed by the thread name, I am in need of a lot of participants. The description of the study and requirements for joining is stated further below.

Now before you begin to read that and hopefully answere my questionnaire, I would like to mention that Armada was, and still is a friend of mine. I spoke with him, and came to the conclusion that I would like to "play a little game" for those who spend some time in answering my survey.
The rules go like this:

If I manage to get / recieve 100(+) (completed - means you finished the entire survey and not half of it) survey responses, I will start playing smash again.

2. If I get 200(+) survey responses (again, completed) I will go to EVO this year, and also bring with me 5 new GC controller ordered from Amazon or whereever you smashers now order from, and these will be distributed randomly to people who participated in my survey.

3. IF I manage to get 400+ survey responses (completed) I will PAY for the flight expenses to and from EVO this year, for ONE lucky person - no matter where s/he is from!

The winner will be decided in this way:
Once you have taking my survey, I want you to send me an mail on zobpal@gmail.com with your smash username (the one you use here on SB), the email you entered in my survey (I ask of you to provde me with an email if you wish to find out the results after the study is finished) and a number (digit) from 1-600 (this may change depending on how many participants I get).
I also wish you to post on this topic - but only your number.
I wish to stress the IMPORTANCE of the fact that, ONCE you have posted a number here on SB on this topic, you will NOT be allowed to edit that number / your post (chose wisely =) ). I don't think there is even necessary for me to explain why, but this is simply becasue of the fact that doing so (editing) may end you or others up in a bad situation if two or more people now have the same number.
Keep in mind that providing me with the email on the survey is optional, but I recommend it as it will make things a lot easier for me.

I have long classes, and quite busy for the time being, but I will try to keep this post updated with a list of the people who completed my survey, and also their username and number. So that other players can see what numbers are still available.

The survey will be open until the 20th March. If I got enough participants / responses for the EVO prize, then from
--> https://www.random.org/ --> which is a completely random number generator, the winner will be choosen. So the minimum number will be, say 1, and maximum, 400 (for example). The person that had picked the number that is generated is the winner. Now in order to diminish all scepticism - I have spoke with a friend of mine and he agreed to helping me sort out this issue, so he will be STREAMING this. So I am not the one "announcing" the winner, it will be done LIVE by one of the most trusted and well-known player in the entire smash community, Adam (Armada) Lindgren.

Before I speak shortly about the survey itself, please be so kind enough to not create more emails / smash profiles in order to complete the survey more than once and thus have a "higher" chance of winning (if I / we get that many responses). It is not a good behavior and nothing I really except from the smash community. Yes, I was once a part of this as well and I know how much it's grown and how awesome you guys / the community are :)

Finally, I would like to mention that please don't forget that this is indeed a survey for my master's thesis, and thus it is very important to me that those of you who take it answer as honest as possible, and read the instructions / questions carefully before u just jump to an answer. I know it can be very tempting to just "rush through it", but again, its for my MA thesis and I don't need and nor do I want xxx "troll responses" x)

Now on to the part of the survey itself:

Below you will find my questionnaire for my MA thesis in clinical and health psychology, which aims to explore the links between young adult's negative mood, stress state and attitudes toward smoking and alcohol use. It takes approximately 15-20 minutes to complete, and you will have the possibility to save and continue your survey whenever you wish to do so. (more details once you hit the link). I hope that you could spare a few minutes to answere my survey as I am in need of a lot of participants.

The only requirements I ask for is that you are between the age of 18 and 35, and have atleast finished high school / recieved your high school diploma. If you are not limited by this, please feel free to answer my survey.
PS! You do NOT need to drink alcohol or smoke in order to take my questionnaire, as it asks about how one would FEEL if one was smoking / drinking etc (for each section there is a detailed description on how to proceed).

Link to questionnaire: http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/20093...-on-their-negative-mood-or-their-stress-state

Unfortunately, I cannot do a TL;DR for this, as all the information is more or less important :/
Please share it with whoever may be interested - highly appreciated! ^-^
Good luck and thank you so very much in advance!

Last edited:

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Participants so far (66):

Xenjih - 327
Footzeez - 9
Jobes - 123
ilmari - (503)
TheAndyMan - 314
Roryx - 369
Shippage - 69 (Please send me an mail on zobpal@gmail.com with your username, email you entered on my survey and number)
LyeN - 278
Focal - 382
Aayla - 37
Jim Morrison - 450
Rondelle - 212
Xeofreestyler - 436
Fougel - 11
MegaMissingno - 413
Marc - 6
Shaaac - 495
Ryuker - 152
TallandGangly - 228
Ingoro - 29
Meccs- 291
Casval - 328
Captain Faceroll - 457
1ampercent - 1
Schlimmshady - 2
Shloka - 515
.selebu - 496
Death Arcana - 13
Cyan_ - 311
eet - 459
paxinchristo - 500
Mr.Lemon - 626 (Please choose a number below 601)
Jay Pay - 427
Poison - 222
Excel_Zero - 137
MrDrJAcob - 25
Harisoff - 293
LaughingMan13 - 13
#HBC I Bard - The number 1 is taken, please choose another number
Vrud - 399
PucaReadabook - 345
scATT77 - 422
Christopher Altiery - 444
The Darkness - 327
chesterr01 - 247
Housewife - 57
Lingx2 - 111
NickRiddle - 101
metoo - 239
KingBroseidon - 316
Kullan_xo - 555
Dubby - 11
mask1n - 39
AlvisCPU - 248
S0FT - 600
Thor - 521
Ersijo - 4
Mijusuu - 467
R2D10 - 34
socandrewcer - 322
Zeus73 - 73
TheBirdman - 566
TreeBone - 420
Valkyrion - 176
Sauceome - 364
PrepareYourself - 126

Last edited:

Footzeez

Smash Rookie
NNID
Footzeez
3DS FC
3695-0535-5540
Completed the survey :)

Number #: 9

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Bump(!) a small update :)
Requirement for EVO flight ticket is now 400 instead of 500! Also recieved 10 completed survey resposnes from smash players, thanks a bunch and lets keep it up :) We can do this!

TreK

Is "that guy"
I completed the survey as best I could, but left the parts about smoking blank since I don't smoke.

Do I send you a mail ?

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Trek: If you don't smoke you still have to answere the questionnaire(s) about smoking. It is just asking how you would feel if you were to smoke / smoking (but don't worry about it now) and yes, you will have to send me an email, with your number, username and email used to complete the survey.

Thanks guys!

Casval

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RX-104
I did the survey but didn't enter my email so I don't think I got a number.

Edit: didn't realize you choose the number.

Last edited:

Housewife

Smash Cadet
I got halfway through this before I realized drinking and smoking is integral to this survey. I don't do either. Can I still participate in the survey to win free stuff and make you play smash

Top Bottom