• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another streamed match o/

Synnett

Alligator Lord

Celebrating my six months since my first match on stream, I played another one with the same Link main o/ But yea, ignore the commentary, I guess the guy was salty from our match earlier. He never shield breaked me btw.

So yep, getting better :083:

I also money matched one of the top players and Sheik player from our scene. I got rekt but it was fun, hopefully I get some info from it too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaCVbFfHQRc

gmBottles gmBottles

Last edited:

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Behold the mighty "Placeholders".

I've been 4-stocking foxes all night and the match I manage to get on stream I loose. o_O

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Before even watching the Samus match, I just wanna jot down a few notes from the MU that I've gathered from my experience with it

• Stay close to Samus. You don't want to let them start shooting missiles.
  • Staying on platforms makes it difficult to get hit by missiles.
  • Play on as small of a stage as possible. I generally prefer FoD.
  • When edgeguarding against Samus, you have to be extremely patient. Wait for them to come up, either from upB or from a bomb, and fair them or bair from ledge with invuln.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Ok now I'm watching it. More notes

• You go for some really odd things sometimes, like that neutral B on Yoshi's. You generally want to avoid using that unless it's a situational edgeguard, usually on spacies or Falcon, but even then there are much better options.
  • Your stage picks are good.
  • KK fthrow doesn't have followups on Samus. Go for bthrow or chomp for more damage into a regrab.
  • Bair in neutral is very easy to punish. Just shield and wavedash OoS into pretty much any punish option and that's a bodied Boozer.
  • I think maybe you go in or throw out moves too often. I see you throw things out that don't even look like they'll hit, and with Bowser you'll get punished hard for that.
  • Your movement :denzel:
Anyway you didn't do bad necessarily, you just got outplayed.

Edit: this commentator should be banned, has no idea what he's talking about. "Bowser doesn't hit hard" LOL

Last edited:

Synnett

Alligator Lord
Ok now I'm watching it. More notes

• You go for some really odd things sometimes, like that neutral B on Yoshi's. You generally want to avoid using that unless it's a situational edgeguard, usually on spacies or Falcon, but even then there are much better options.
  • Your stage picks are good.
  • KK fthrow doesn't have followups on Samus. Go for bthrow or chomp for more damage into a regrab.
  • Bair in neutral is very easy to punish. Just shield and wavedash OoS into pretty much any punish option and that's a bodied Boozer.
  • I think maybe you go in or throw out moves too often. I see you throw things out that don't even look like they'll hit, and with Bowser you'll get punished hard for that.
  • Your movement :denzel:
Anyway you didn't do bad necessarily, you just got outplayed.

Edit: this commentator should be banned, has no idea what he's talking about. "Bowser doesn't hit hard" LOL
For the flames I tried to do a KK, and that KK where I fall off stage I tried to flame. -_- Same thing for Bair sometimes, I hit the A button instead. I really need to practice my finger precision, it's so bad. It's an issue I've had since forever, I can't even draw a circle; it's all messed up.

But yea, have you ever seen a good Bowser commentary? xD But I think he is kinda right. Bowser does a lot of damage and the knockback is balanced. When Samus hits me, I fly away slowly but it lasts for so long it's stupid. So much stun on her moves.

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
For the flames I tried to do a KK, and that KK where I fall off stage I tried to flame. -_- Same thing for Bair sometimes, I hit the A button instead. I really need to practice my finger precision, it's so bad. It's an issue I've had since forever, I can't even draw a circle; it's all messed up.

But yea, have you ever seen a good Bowser commentary? xD But I think he is kinda right. Bowser does a lot of damage and the knockback is balanced. When Samus hits me, I fly away slowly but it lasts for so long it's stupid. So much stun on her moves.
Bowser's moves have a fair amount of hitstun, at least on some of them. I know the hitstun on uair is good enough to chain uairs into each other on some characters.

Dralro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Deadeye42
Lol this MU

Good stuff dude
I finally broke the curse and won a match on stream! It's still dumb but I won lol.
Okay few notes on these matchups, I understand Synnett's precision problems I can make mistakes too, everyone does, however Synnett needs to play a little more defensively, you go in quite a lot when you shouldn't, especially against samus, against Luigi, the matchup isn't ridiculous it just matters that you can get strong aerial approach and maybe dash-dance grabs to interrupt his wavedashes, just try to prevent his approach and you should be able to do what you need. Otherwise really good job as always Synnett.

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Can Sheik really just fall down from top platform with a fair on Bowser? I thought his dsmash stuffs that.

I think against Sheik you have to literally do nothing but up-b out of shield and CC up-b. It seems almost impossible to not get grabbed though :(

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Can Sheik really just fall down from top platform with a fair on Bowser? I thought his dsmash stuffs that.

I think against Sheik you have to literally do nothing but up-b out of shield and CC up-b. It seems almost impossible to not get grabbed though :(
Relying on upB and upB OoS like that will actually get you punished more often then not. If you miss, or if they shield it, you're just gonna get grabbed.

I'll watch this vid later when I get off work.

Synnett

Alligator Lord

My dsmash wouldn't have time to come out ;_; Aaaaand the top platform on FoD is actually pretty low.

Also nair seems to be somewhat safe on shield and trades with her aerials, I use it often. And when you get that koopa klaw edgeguard... so dank

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
That upB killing on top platform was crazy. That said, I think you actually upB too much. I see you going in with upB and getting punished for it. I prefer to abuse Bowser's scary ass wavedash back game to intimidate the other player into making a mistake, and then grabbing and throwing them onto a platform if I can. If I can't, usually a fair is good to start up a techchase or edgegaurd.

You shouldn't double jump near/above Sheik if you can avoid it, unless you know you'll get a hit off of it. I've never really thought about that before, but it looks like Sheik can really mess you up with just one hit in that situation.

I think you use bair too much in neutral. That should really only be used as a combo move or an edgeguard. It can be CCd easily, or they can just shield and punish your 200,000 frames of end lag.

Still really good stuff though, considering you're up against a PRd Sheik.

Dralro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Deadeye42
The match was good, strong play by Synnett, but I think we can all agree, Synnett's Beard really won the matchup for him :p

Top Bottom