• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another Roleplay Thread (Somewhat Serious, Somewhat Funny)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
It's not serious

It's not comedic

Its just Another Roleplay Thread

This roleplay thread is a semi serious semi comedic take on the classic thread genra mixing the worlds of Video Games, Nickelodeon, and Cartoon Network. The focus is to try and make a fun but also genuine adventure as we travel though many worlds and battle many beings.

Story Buildup:

(Due to the nature of the thread preemptive dibs is important to avoid confusion.)

Rules:
Tell in advance what characters will be used to see if they fit with the story.

No NSFW stuff

As of right now stick to Nintendo, CN, and Nick properties for referencing characters

Glubbfubb Glubbfubb :
Donkey Kong (the cartoon one)
Diddy Kong (the cartoon one)
Robed Figure (name unknown)

I'll start the story

It's a dark and stormy night, in Congo Bongo island lies the protector of the Crystal Coconut, Donkey Kong and his sidekick Diddy. They were sleeping when secretly a robed figure came in, from her comes a strange army of lifeless beings, and they suddenly barged into when the Kongs were asleep and stole the Coconut from right of there noses.

Robed Figure: Kyeh Heh heh, looks like this crystalline orb of mystique is mine, I'll show all those groups that rejected me that you shouldn't mess with me.

Suddenly as soon as she grabbed the coconut a great purple light rose above bongo bongo island and from it several ghostly tendrils came down. Suddenly the two kongs woke up

DK: Hold up, what's going on little buddy.

Diddy: I dont know Dk.

The light flashes stop suddenly and the figures disappears.

Diddy: No more chocolate coconut banana shakes before bed.

DK: you said it little bud-

The Coconut, it's gone

YIKES

Too be continued (as in other people will work from here)

I hope other people are interested in this.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Make sure you tell which characters you are in advance and use the current rules above

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
(I do not know Spongebob well, but I have taken a few glances, and I would like to see how well I can play the part.)

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?... Could it be near the Congo Bongo Islands?

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Diddy: Did you here that

DK: why do I here narrations

Diddy: Its creeping me out DK

DK: First it's the crystal coconut being lost and now some creepy sailor voice, this is the worst week of my life

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
(I apologize! I forgot to use the 'Watch' option for this thread!)

Diddy: Did you here that

DK: why do I here narrations

Diddy: Its creeping me out DK

DK: First it's the crystal coconut being lost and now some creepy sailor voice, this is the worst week of my life
Spongebob emerges from the water with his signature walking noise. Saturated with water, he wrings himself while children can faintly be heard in the background calling, "Spongebob Squarepants!"

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
(I apologize! I forgot to use the 'Watch' option for this thread!)

Spongebob emerges from the water with his signature walking noise. Saturated with water, he wrings himself while children can faintly be heard in the background calling, "Spongebob Squarepants!"
Diddy: Hey DK

DK: Yeah Diddy

I think we should head to where the children are screaming

Okay

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
DK: Hello there yellow stranger, what brings you here to this Congo Bongo Island

(is he moving Little Buddy)

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
DK: Hello there yellow stranger, what brings you here to this Congo Bongo Island

(is he moving Little Buddy)
A crab comes up to retrieve the contrastingly realistic-looking form of a kitchen sponge.

Mr. Krab: Yyyyup! You had to go on land, didn't ya? (Carries Spongebob back into the sea. Returning, he squints at the Kongs )... Y'know, I'd say you look awfully familiar.

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Diddy: Grab the coconut, Cranky!

DK: Yeah, what Little Buddy said.

Cranky grabs the coconut.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
CRANKY: Dont just stand there Diddy man the harpoons, and yes we have harpoons

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Diddy: On it, Cranky!

Diddy fires a harpoon at Mr. Krabs, but Mr. Krabs dodges it.

Cranky: Again!

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Diddy: Retreat!

Cranky and DK: Agreed.

The three Kongs run away, with Mr. Krabs chasing them.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Suddenly a certain rotund member of Crocodylidae family is sneering from a bush in the distance, cackling as they run away from the peeved crustacean

Northsouthmap

Smash Champion
Diddy: Did you hear that? It sounded like K Rool.

DK and Cranky: We don't hear anything.

Diddy walks towards the bush to show them.

Top Bottom