• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another generation?

Bing

Smash Master
I just picked up the game seriously about 6 months ago, its awesome, I can travel about an hour and play KirbyKaze, Raynex, Unknown522, I.B(though the last tourney I went to he was in my pool but he no showed)

I love how friendly everyone is and there willingness to help younger smashers like myself(18 so technically young compared to most)

mizujin

Smash Cadet
I'm 14... been playing for a few months, got most of the techskill stuff down. I just have no one to play with and no way to get to tournaments, so I can't really get better.

PinkShinobi, where u at? :(

Ghostbone

Smash Master
I'm 15, just started playing smash competitively last year...

I guess Brawl got me into Melee, lol.

Decae

Smash Rookie
I'm 15 and I've been playing the game since I was 6 years old. It's not that old a game yall. And with the business that brawl got, they will make another eventually. Plus, having mostly 20 year-olds playing it means that it's young. Just 'cause you lost your teen years doesn't mean you're ancient.

Rostigalen

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't say that there's a bunch of 12-14 year olds picking up Melee in Sweden atm, at least not on the East Coast. What we do have is a few 13-14 year old kids, and a huge load of 17-19 year old folks playing, including some that just recently joined our community. Sweden's looking pretty good.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
did anyone here go to pound 5?
did you see the ENERGY for this old *** game?

melee will never die
A community that will get together and Sing Pokemon as 1 voice melee and brawl.....that community is in no way slowing down.

It would take something serious to kill off the smash community. Perhaps a super collapse in the economy making it near impossible to travel or...some other natural/man made disaster of a large scale to put an end to melee's continued revival.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Dinosaurs will then play melee, because of their evolved minds.

Eggm

Smash Hero
My little brother has been playing this game casually for months just destroying level 1 computers in free for alls and single player mode. I recently challenged him to be able to beat a level 9 computer and said if he did i'd teach him all the tricks in the game. THE NEXT DAY he was able to beat them. So yesterday i started teaching him stuff he can already use falcon's dj, d+b, dj up+b recovery and dash dance. Oh and he's 6. He mains falcon. Oh and for fun i had him use luigi to try and learn wavedashing and out of 10 tries he got it twice. :)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
My little brother has been playing this game casually for months just destroying level 1 computers in free for alls and single player mode. I recently challenged him to be able to beat a level 9 computer and said if he did i'd teach him all the tricks in the game. THE NEXT DAY he was able to beat them. So yesterday i started teaching him stuff he can already use falcon's dj, d+b, dj up+b recovery and dash dance. Oh and he's 6. He mains falcon. Oh and for fun i had him use luigi to try and learn wavedashing and out of 10 tries he got it twice. :)
It's stories like these that make me convinced that Melee will never die.

People join for the competition, but they stay for the camaraderie. The community makes this game so much greater.

D

Deleted member

i started melee competitively at 18 and i'll probably play for at least the next 3-4 years, don't see myself getting bored with the game and getting stupidly drunk for no reason

gotta fk up the little kids

bolt.

Smash Ace
I know a lot of young smashers are starting up in ct. Just from my high school there are 4 smashers that went to pound, and 4 more that have been to tournaments. This game should be around for a while.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
basically, dolphin has netplay support, it needs to be improved, we don't need new technology, we need skilled programmers

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
The amount of energy at pound 5 was just insane........

and genesis 2 is just going to be even bigger than pound 5 was.....

this game was meant to last forever

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
The fusion of the abroad communities has also assisted in nothing but the growth of the community, before everyone was a lot more secluded and to themselves without America really knowing about Europe (even though we knew about them.....sad unknown times) but with all this unity and healthy competition now we just need to set up Earth vs The Aliens in smash.

Stratford

Smash Champion
The fusion of the abroad communities has also assisted in nothing but the growth of the community, before everyone was a lot more secluded and to themselves without America really knowing about Europe (even though we knew about them.....sad unknown times) but with all this unity and healthy competition now we just need to set up Earth vs The Aliens in smash.
Aliens got no game.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
mvc 2 stayed strong. it just takes the community to make it happen. as we get older if we still keep playing maybe we'll see some big *** mm's like mvc and high stakes tournies.

all until they finally do a melee 2 :p

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
I hate melee, I seriously can't play any other game seriously while knowing how simple it is in comparison. I GIVE UP *starts practicing*

melee4ever.

Top Bottom