• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another generation?

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I'm pretty tired so this post won't be as eloquent or thorough as I would like it to be, but I stopped following the community for about a year and was wondering.

Is there going to be another generation of pro smashers after this one? Are their lots of new young kids in the ranks, on their way to being the next ken, m2k, or mango? Not just that, but are there going to be kids getting into this game who didn't get it when it came out? Or is the average age of the smasher just getting older and older? Because if new kids aren't play this game won't last as long as it should.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
yeah socal is a perfect example for that. young players like westballz, eddy mexico are all making noise

not to mention dr. pp. he's definitely part of the newer generation i think

Zodiac

Smash Master
Yea, there are plenty even in a dead region like mine that are younger and want to pick up melee.

Mooo

Smash Apprentice
i'm seventeen and i want to become all big. right now that's just a dream though, picked up melee about half a year ago.

Wake

Smash Master
I know where I am, we got some new players, like me. Been playing for less than a year... pretty late to the party, but us new players are ready to show the veterans what's up haha

Shoopman

Smash Journeyman
There are a lot of players that I think have massive potential in tristate that will rise to the top.

Zodiac

Smash Master
This game is timeless, and thus its crowd will also be timeless.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
The motivation to be one of the best is very much still alive (like JesiahTEG) and with that comes new top smashers who eventually replace the old veterans.

joeplicate

Smash Master
wesTballZ

kid is mad good

shroom's p good too, and he's stubborn enough that i can see him getting up to the top 10/top 5 range before he quits

plus he's got me to play against constantly and keep him motivated
and i'm the businesssssssssssssssssssssss :DDDDDDD

PeachKiller279

Smash Apprentice
I think every player mentioned as "young" except for tai is in their 20s LMAO.

Tai's the youngest @ 17.

Hydro_Smasher

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna be big someday!

Remember the Falcon main - 4est

Someday! You'll all see, the next big player from the state's smallest city!

CableCho57

Smash Lord
well not necessary young in age but young in terms of experience to the game. being new to the community etc etc

what about connorthekid? isnt he like 16 or something

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
This game will die soon

but it will be resurected when earths technology can create lagless online melee.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
It's hard to define a generation when no new smash game is coming out.

I guess all we can say is when we got into Melee. Brawl got me into the smash community back in 2008 and now I play all smash games (especially 64 and Melee atm).

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Assuming another smash game comes out, the Melee community will have a surge of new players again. Brawl got me into Melee back in '08, and now I'm rapin tricks.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Some Smashers can be older and want to get good at this game. So maybe they're not the next generation (lol, StarTrek). Either way, I'm into Melee a lot more than I used to be. I had the game since the year it came out and I had only really tried my best to play it competitively in 2009. I really do wish I was involved with this when I was younger. :/

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I'm moving to Vancouver in the Summer and I'll finally be able to start a real Smash career. I assure you folks that I'll be a top player very soon.

I already did it in one game. ;D

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
Man, I've been playing Melee since I was like....11 or something. Didn't that game come out in 2001? I was in the 2nd grade I think. And amazing game like this will always have a new generation. The game will probably not die in the next 5 years, and thanks to youtube, there are more ways to showing people how to play like a pro.

Hell, I'll make my kids play melee and revive the pro melee circuit, if it dies. I'll push the baby out and make him/her watch nothing but combo videos. His/her first words will be "L cancel"

What a beautiful picture :)

Top Bottom