• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Another example of Up+B ****

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
(Dammit, the video isn't working for some reason. I'll try to upload later.)

At NYU's recent Smash event, I picked up ROB after playing him a few times prior, and played quite a few FFAs, going on a 4-0 streak for a while. One of my later matches involved playing someone who was very competent with Lucario, and since it was a spectator event, Smash Balls were on.

During the course of the match, Lucario (somehow, given that I was ****** the Smash Balls with Up+B combos all day) got three Smash Balls. And every time I would simply head to the upper right or left side of the screen as soon as he activated Kamehameha , and simply Up+B stalled in the corner until it was done. He could do absolutely nothing to hit me with it.

I know it's not very applicable to most games that are going to be played, but it did make people hate me for doing it, so I obviously was doing something right.

Just thought I'd share.

Helkulkhamen

Smash Cadet
That seems to be the problem with lucario's final smash in general: it's just darned easy to avoid. But I agree, R.O.B.'s upB is one cool move (use it against olimar's final smash as well for the same effect).

FS Fantom

Free Saltines
NNID
Sbfantom
Do it close to them -- The initial rush in the upward direction can spike/meteor/knock people down.

Top Bottom