• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Anything Can Change! - The Chrom Social Thread (Now with a Proper Victory Theme!)

What should we call Chrom's infamous zero-to-death Soaring Slash suicide string?

• Total voters

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Double-post, I know, but the thread was on the second page, so... [Shrugs].

Anyhow, since it's semi-related to Chrom, I thought I would post this video. As I recall, Cordelia actually had romantic feelings for Chrom, but never acted on them. I was honestly expecting Sumia. At any rate, I fancy this all but confirms archers, since arrows are the Kryptonite for Pegasuses and wyverns.

Oh, and it looks like we have a release date (28 Sep). At least, for Japan.

https://twitter.com/FireEmblemMusou/status/895206894360342528

Also, I think Yuri Lowenthal was an excellent choice for Marth's voice. Yeah, I'd recognise that voice anywhere. Though honestly, I would have preferred James Arnold Taylor.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Anyhow, since it's semi-related to Chrom, I thought I would post this video. As I recall, Cordelia actually had romantic feelings for Chrom, but never acted on them. I was honestly expecting Sumia. At any rate, I fancy this all but confirms archers, since arrows are the Kryptonite for Pegasuses and wyverns.

Also, I think Yuri Lowenthal was an excellent choice for Marth's voice. Yeah, I'd recognise that voice anywhere. Though honestly, I would have preferred James Arnold Taylor.
IIRC there was a developer interview that pseudo-confirmed archers (and Pegasus Knights) a while ago, since they said Pegasus Knights would still have their arrow weakness, :p That and the next two reveals are confirmed to be "a male archer and female rider." Most think this means Takumi and Camilla are next. Though, since they never specified what kind of "rider," be it horse, pegasus, or wyvern, I'm hoping for Caeda and Virion. Virion would round out Awakening and Caeda would kickstart Shadow Dragon.

That being said I'm still expecting Takumi and Camilla, haha.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium

Im surprised the game is coming out this early. It was nice seeing one of my favorite awakening characters in action in this new more 3D style. I was worried but everyone looks really good so far.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Personally, I think Gaius and Tharja would round out Awakening, with Inigo, Severa, and Owain showing up as their Fates counterparts. But I wouldn't mind seeing Virion either, especially if he's paired with Cherche.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Personally, I think Gaius and Tharja would round out Awakening, with Inigo, Severa, and Owain showing up as their Fates counterparts. But I wouldn't mind seeing Virion either, especially if he's paired with Cherche.
I don't think Gaius will be in due to a possible interface spoiler.

We've seen the in-game Convoy menu, and the weapon options only showed Swords, Axes, Lances, Bows, Tomes, and Stones, in that order. Gaius may have used swords in Awakening, but he retroactively became a Dagger user in games like Fates (through Asugi) and Heroes, and I can't see him using swords here when there's kind of an over abundance already when he isn't even a main character to justify it. The fact that Daggers didn't appear doesn't bode well for him IMO.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I don't think Gaius will be in due to a possible interface spoiler.

We've seen the in-game Convoy menu, and the weapon options only showed Swords, Axes, Lances, Bows, Tomes, and Stones, in that order. Gaius may have used swords in Awakening, but he retroactively became a Dagger user in games like Fates (through Asugi) and Heroes, and I can't see him using swords here when there's kind of an over abundance already when he isn't even a main character to justify it. The fact that Daggers didn't appear doesn't bode well for him IMO.
I didnt realize there would be no daggers, i guess that means no felicia, flora, jakob, or saizo which is disappointing since they are some of my favorite fates characters but im not suprised either.

To tell you the truth it seems weird getting chrom and cordelia without the other 2 fan favorites based on summer scramble being tharja and gaius but you do bring up a good point although i could see it go either way with him appearing with a sword despite the obvious no shortage of them.

Last edited:

Some Beedrill

Smash Apprentice
I do think another FE character would be nice, since all that people do care about is the newcomers. ( for me it's just having them MENTIONED ) I do think that Chrom COULD happen because of FE Warriors, but that's if the lead developer wants 7 FE characters.

Altais

Smash Champion
Damn, I guess no daggers means no Kaze. [Shrugs] Oh well. I can only hope his daughter, Midori, makes it in as her Merchant class. She's actually one of mine favourite characters to use in Conquest (still haven't played Birthright or Revelation).

Tiki aside, the inclusion of Stones did get mine hopes up for Panne, Kaden, and Keaton. I could see Nowi making the cut as well, but I want more transformations other than dragons.

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I'm not sure the inclusion of stones really means much, since we already know that Tiki will be in the game. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing other stone users though, although I'm not sure who would be popular enough to use them. I can only think of the laguz from Tellius, but we already know they won't be in.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm not sure the inclusion of stones really means much, since we already know that Tiki will be in the game. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing other stone users though, although I'm not sure who would be popular enough to use them. I can only think of the laguz from Tellius, but we already know they won't be in.
We could get characters like Panne.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So this is neat!
Considering they only had access to specials already in the game, it's pretty nifty. I'd have replaced his Up and Side specials with Mii Swordsfighter's Stone Scabbard and Airborn Assault, respectively, but for a relatively limited mod this is nice to see.

Altais

Smash Champion
Just got mine Nintendo Switch console. It was the last one left! Honestly, this reminds me of when the DS first came out; it was like finding a needle in a haysack. Only for someone to beat you to it. I had planned to wait until 2018 to buy one, buuuuut Fire Emblem Warriors was calling me. That said, that'll be the second physical game I'll buy (first one already being Zelda).

This is going to be a long 53 days...

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
As much as I do enjoy Robin and Lucina, I'm still not quite over Chrom not being playable in Smash 4. I'll gladly support his cause for next Smash.

:037:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Remember to join Team Chrom for the voting gauntlet, everybody!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Can I inquire as to what that is?
It's for Fire Emblem Heroes. The latest gauntlet has the top four males and females from the Choose Your Legends poll going against each other.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So I found this and I figured you Chrom supporters would love it.

Though yeah, his biggest obstacle would be competition with other FE characters and being a part of Robin's Final Smash. So who knows if things will get better for him.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Chrom has one and a half advantages

1: He was round during the ballot
0.5: We have no idea how close FE:S is to completion. (dunked down to a half because that didn't stop Roy)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Chrom has one and a half advantages

1: He was round during the ballot
0.5: We have no idea how close FE:S is to completion. (dunked down to a half because that didn't stop Roy)
Well I mean, realistically, I think 0.5 would be more of a boon for Alm or Celica than for Chrom. :p

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Could anyone please explain the fighting style differences between Chrom and Marth (and therefore, presumably, Lucina and Marth), preferably with evidence from the games I can look at, and without comparing him to Ike's non-canon Smash style?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Could anyone please explain the fighting style differences between Chrom and Marth (and therefore, presumably, Lucina and Marth), preferably with evidence from the games I can look at, and without comparing him to Ike's non-canon Smash style?
Marth's movements are much more graceful and focus on quick stabs and slashes. Chrom's, on the other hand, involve running the opponent through with his sword, with a very in your face style that throws his whole body into it.

Warriors showcases this best if you wanted to look up footage.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Oh hey, a Chrom thread! I can’t believe Sakurai excluded him because he thought he’d just be an Ike clone, I mean c’mon. Getting Lucina in as a clone anyway was like salt in the wound.

I hope someday Fire Emblem won’t be repped by the latest Lord, but rather the characters that actually have enduring popularity.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Today is Chrom's birthday so I figured I'd recognize it here. Happy birthday, Chrom. :p

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Chrom definitely has a shot as an echo character of Ike this time around. He is one of if not the best chance of a new Fire Emblem rep overall.

Calane

Smash Ace
Chrom definitely has a shot as an echo character of Ike this time around. He is one of if not the best chance of a new Fire Emblem rep overall.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing (which actually led me to visit this thread). I would love to see it happen, actually.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Being a carbon copy ain't so bad. Viridi made it sound worse than it actually is. Plus, she was kind of ignoring the fact that Lucina and Dark Pit existed in the first place as well...

That said, I don't think Chrom's day is today simply due to the fact Awakening isn't really relevant. I doubt we'll get any new Fire Emblem fighter, to be perfectly honest.

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
After the Echo thing I have hope for Chrom again, I think my boy is really likely as an Echo character and can finally get his chance

I'm praying he gets deconfirmed as Robin's Final Smash because that would kill his chance. We saw a lot of Final Smash at E3 so it's an important fact they didn't show Robin's. Maybe they can't show it because it would spoil the "surprise"

Chrom has a few things on his side

-They already have his HD skin from the Final Smash and half the work is already done
-He's still very popular and many people voted for him in the ballot (myself included)
-He's one of the main faces in Fire Emblem Warriors, he was the first character announced and is the focus of the cover along Marth and Corrin
-He got a Mii costume in Smash 4, the only Fire Emblem character with a Mii costume
-The whole "I'll get my chance another day", that's a good material for a reveal y I hope Sakurai remember that line

So let's hope for the best case escenario, which is becoming an Echo character and I would be totally satisfied with it

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Of all the Fire Emblem characters in SSBU, the only one whose Final Smash we haven't seen is Robin's. To me, that's a little suspicious. [Shrugs] Then again, there are other characters whose Finals Smashes we haven't seen.

Nevertheless, until we do see Robin's Final Smash, I'm considering Chrom a possibility. Obviously, he would probably Echo Ike. One difference I would like to see is Chrom's Quick Draw going through the opponent instead of stopping upon impact. That would effectively do away with "wall of pain" KO's. His sword would probably be shorter and weaker than Ike's, but would have higher speed.

Since Ike is one of mine favourite characters in the Smash series, I'm all for a Chrom carbon copy.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm just imagining Palutena's Guidance with The KI crew bickering with the Shepards.

I just hope if Chrom is an echo, he still gets a trailer, unlike Daisy. I want him to get recompense after the Robin Trailer.

Chrom
Gets his chance!
:061:

Last edited:

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Normally, I'd say no to a sword-using Fire Emblem character, but Chrom is one of my favorites and such a likeable guy that I can make an exception for him.

Plus, it'd be fun having the dynamic with Lucina and gives Bowser a fellow dad.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I support Chrom, even if I don't think we have room for any new FE characters considering the limited pool for Smash Ultimate.

That "I'll get my chance another day" think was a low blow, and I want Chrom in just to spite those that would **** on him and his fans.

We haven't seen Robin's FS yet when we seen all the other FE characters FS's. No screen or video I seen. Until then, Chrom has a chance. I'd say he'd likely be an Ike Echo, because Lucina is already a Marth Echo but eh, could always have two.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Count me in, I'm actually fairly convinced Chrom will be an echo fighter. Robin is one of only 18 characters whose Final Smashes haven't been shown off yet. That in itself isn't proof, but it does give me hope.

Chrom has a lot going for him compared to other echo contenders;
- His HD assets already exist, so there's not a whole lot of work that would need to be done with him.
- He's still super popular within his own franchise, finishing as the fourth most popular Male in the Fire Emblem Heroes Choose Your Legends event. (And having 4 different variations in that same game.)
- Sakurai is a big fan of Awakening, and already admitted that he considered Chrom for a time, but passed on him because he wasn't unique enough from Ike or Marth (a problem that echo fighters solve).

Yeah, I feel pretty good about his chances. If we eventually see Robin's Final Smash and it's been changed to Breath of Ruin or something, I think I'm just going to call it there. Fingers crossed!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hiya. Old Robin supporter here.

Just wanted to stop by and say that I fully support Chrom getting his chance this time around. With Echo fighters giving old fan favorites a new path onto the roster, I'd love to see the Awakening trio come together at last. Here's hoping.

So, um, feel free to add me to the list of supporters. :bee:

D

Deleted member

You know what, put me int he supporter list.

After the way Chrom fans were mocked, i think he deserves a second shot, even if he's just an echo of Ike.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Put me on the supporters list! I didn't support Chrom before Sm4sh was released, but after seeing how much they rubbed the lack of Chrom in our face, and how they've advertised clones as "echo fighters" seems to indicate that clones will be more common this time around, I'm definitely hoping to see him. Plus, then the Awakening trio is complete!

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
Chrom had my support in Smash4, and he has my support in Ultimate. I'm fine with him being an Ike echo if that's what it takes.

Top Bottom