• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Announcement from the Legacy Team

jav02

Smash Rookie
Hey I figured out how to change costumes , music and stages (its just like normal pm but the pf folder is in Legacy XP\WBFS\Builder\LegacyXP. Only problem is in the dolphin version you have to re-create the wbfs from the iso again for any changes to take place, thats fine. What puzzles me is that I cannot figure out where the costumes , and movesets of the extra characters are so I cannot per say replace any of Young link's costumes? does any one have any idea where the you can find the files of the added characters?
Can someone PLEASE tell me how you mod music/costumes in the dolphin preset of LXP? I already know how to do it in general; I just need to know if I need to do anything special with it considering it's preloaded on a modified version of Dolphin.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
question why are there two folders for Doctor Mario? also can someone tell me what are to most not important files that can be removed? i need another 479 MB to put the stages on my SD Card and i don't know what else to remove from it (i had to remove so much homebrew stuff to even put everything else on my SD Card and there is nothing left to remove that isn't parts of the pack or required to run homebrew...i think)

feargm

Smash Rookie
A friend of mine had a similar issue. We later found out that the Brawl ISO he was using was around 5 GB. To build the WBFS, I think it needs to be 7 to 8 GB. I'd suggest to get a new Brawl ISO. Mine is 7.92 GB and it worked for me; look for one that's similar in size. If that doesn't work... welp, I tried.
My Brawl ISO is 7.92 GBs too, and I tried other ISOs but nothing worked so far. Thank you very much for trying to help though!

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
question why are there two folders for Doctor Mario?
Not completely sure, but I'd assume one would be for the default Dr. Mario (LXP moveset), and one for the normal Project M Mario moveset with the Dr. Mario skin (That you can access by Holding L when going from the Character Select Screen to the Stage Select Screen).

Fortis

Smash Rookie
So, I'm having a little difficulty getting this to work. I got an SD card, formatted it to FAT32, and unzipped the files into it. On my Wii, in the homebrew channel, the Legacy XP launcher shows up, and seems to load. However, when I hit play, all I get is the regular unhacked brawl.

Anyway, from time to time I've seen that one needs an SD card of size 32 g or less. I've got an SDXC card that has 64 gigabytes. It appears to work otherwise, but could this be causing my troubles? It'd be nice if I could get Legacy XP to work with the SDXC card, as I'd rather not go and spend the money for a new one. Can someone give me some advice?

Last edited:

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Not completely sure, but I'd assume one would be for the default Dr. Mario (LXP moveset), and one for the normal Project M Mario moveset with the Dr. Mario skin (That you can access by Holding L when going from the Character Select Screen to the Stage Select Screen).
well until i can get the stages on my SD card i cant test that... though maybe i can look at their movesets in Brawlbox to find out

FalconRPG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
F4LC0NPUNCH111
3DS FC
4141-2695-8953
Switch FC
SW-0822-1850-3326
Bug Report: The microgames load in Temple of Time (R, Right) and a Kappa stage froze on me after finishing a match.

Fortis

Smash Rookie
So, I'm having a little difficulty getting this to work. I got an SD card, formatted it to FAT32, and unzipped the files into it. On my Wii, in the homebrew channel, the Legacy XP launcher shows up, and seems to load. However, when I hit play, all I get is the regular unhacked brawl.

Anyway, from time to time I've seen that one needs an SD card of size 32 g or less. I've got an SDXC card that has 64 gigabytes. It appears to work otherwise, but could this be causing my troubles? It'd be nice if I could get Legacy XP to work with the SDXC card, as I'd rather not go and spend the money for a new one. Can someone give me some advice?
Turns out it was. Got a 32gb card, and it worked just fine. Man, I've gotten rusty at SSBB. And there's so many stages to explore!

Doomolish

Smash Journeyman
What a great mod! I'm loving it so far! But I don't know how to use Project Ganondorf. Does anyone know how to use him? He's my favorite character out of every Smash game I've played so far, I really wanna use him :'(

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
What a great mod! I'm loving it so far! But I don't know how to use Project Ganondorf. Does anyone know how to use him? He's my favorite character out of every Smash game I've played so far, I really wanna use him :'(
It's not in the pack, but you can put him in the pack by replacing ganondorf's .pac/.pcs files, or you can clone ganon with brawlex so you can have both.

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
ok by looking at the animations in brawlbox the folder DoctorMario is the edited Dr. Mario (the BrawlEX style one or as you said it the LXP moveset) and the folder Mario-Doctor is the PM Doc Mario

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
not sure if this has been said before but Roy and Mewtwo uses each others character call so selecting Roy says Mewtwo and vise-versa

Yeheah

Smash Cadet
not sure if this has been said before but Roy and Mewtwo uses each others character call so selecting Roy says Mewtwo and vise-versa
In my case, when i pick Mewtwo says select of Ice Climbers (and her Wiimote select sound). The character selection screen have too much bugs, and some lag when select the skins.

InfamousFelix

Smash Rookie
Hey I figured out how to change costumes , music and stages (its just like normal pm but the pf folder is in Legacy XP\WBFS\Builder\LegacyXP. Only problem is in the dolphin version you have to re-create the wbfs from the iso again for any changes to take place, thats fine. What puzzles me is that I cannot figure out where the costumes , and movesets of the extra characters are so I cannot per say replace any of Young link's costumes? does any one have any idea where the you can find the files of the added characters?
Thanks dude! And I'm not sure about that myself, sorry.

InfamousFelix

Smash Rookie
Oh and what about CSPs?

InfamousFelix

Smash Rookie
I'm using BrawlStageManager & BrawlSongManager, & whenever I select the directories for the pf folder, nothing comes up...I have no idea why? I mean the costumes work fine, but for some reason the manager can't find where the stages or the music is located.

SmashBrosPM

Smash Cadet
Has anyone found a way to manually fix the problem with Roy's and Mewtwo's announcer call? I think the mod is almost perfect, but as a Mewtwo main I find this issue really annoying. Apparently it's a problem with the sawnd file 223 but I don't know how to fix that... Thank you very much!! :)

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
Has anyone found a way to manually fix the problem with Roy's and Mewtwo's announcer call? I think the mod is almost perfect, but as a Mewtwo main I find this issue really annoying. Apparently it's a problem with the sawnd file 223 but I don't know how to fix that... Thank you very much!! :)
you need sawnd or super sawnd they are programes that were made to edit sawnd files, and i think the best thing to do is to swap the calls for Roy and Mewtwo, the best way i can think of to do that is to extract the .wavs of the calls and replace the opposite call with it, i don't know exactly where mewtwos call exists but Roys replaces Pokemon Trainer (so if that one still says roy than replace that one with mewtwo if it says mewtwo then put Roys where it belongs)

Last edited:

8bitbluemage

Smash Rookie
Sorry to bother, but I reformatted my 8GB SD card and made the letterbomb exploit for it again, and this time the letter actually does show up in my Wii Menu's message board. However opening it does nothing but give a massive letter full of question marks and random bits of text. Am I any closer to getting this to work at all on a Wii U? Or am I really gonna have to go out and buy a used Wii just for this?

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
Running into a bit of a problem. When I try to load past the "Legacy XP" intro screen the Dolphin emulator just goes white and nothing happens. I did the Brawl iso procedure, and I'm not explicitly crashing or forced to get off.

EDIT: FYI, everything has been running smoothly until I ran into this white wall.
EDIT2: If I add "DolphinFX" under Graphics>Post-Processing, I can get the screen to turn from white to light pink.

FIXED: For the white screen problem, you need to make a .wbfs file based on the Brawl ISO that's 7.92 GB. Sizes less than this will give you this white screen that I spoke of.

Last edited:

Shren

Smash Journeyman
In my case, when i pick Mewtwo says select of Ice Climbers (and her Wiimote select sound). The character selection screen have too much bugs, and some lag when select the skins.
hmm yeah... I'm getting bugs like that here. Hopefully TE is a good sign that the full version fixes this

FairyLip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SmoothJazz
L-alt skins don't seem to work for me. I'm holding L as I go to the SSS, but nothing is happening when I get to the game. It's just giving me a normal costume. Also, would it be possible for someone to mod in Sami/Isaac/Lyn/Knuckles in as an addon? (I mostly just want Lyn tbh.)

Misterpixel

Smash Rookie
Running into a bit of a problem. When I try to load past the "Legacy XP" intro screen the Dolphin emulator just goes white and nothing happens. I did the Brawl iso procedure, and I'm not explicitly crashing or forced to get off.

EDIT: FYI, everything has been running smoothly until I ran into this white wall.
EDIT2: If I add "DolphinFX" under Graphics>Post-Processing, I can get the screen to turn from white to light pink.
The Brawl's Iso to use for the builder needs to be the 8Go one and not the 4Go ! Try to download another Iso and restart everything from the first extract of Dolphin LEGACY XP !

ToaFierceDeityLink

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-4697-8610
Switch FC
SW-8454-1587-3988
L-alt skins don't seem to work for me. I'm holding L as I go to the SSS, but nothing is happening when I get to the game. It's just giving me a normal costume. Also, would it be possible for someone to mod in Sami/Isaac/Lyn/Knuckles in as an addon? (I mostly just want Lyn tbh.)
you hold L and press x or y to cycle through the alternate costumes, you'll know if its right because the character portraits will change to the alt costumes, characters that use this are Link, Toon Link, and R.O.B, but the same method is used to load Giga Bowser and Warioman, and yes you do need to hold L as long as your in the CSS to be able to use them

FlareMedal

Smash Rookie
NNID
DoodKnowsHype
3DS FC
4055-5739-1439
Does my SD card have to be empty for the hack to work? It's just I am using my 32GB SD card with my 2DS files inside and regardless of using the homebrew or hackless methods, the letterbomb icon never shows up in my messages.

Last edited:

FairyLip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SmoothJazz
you hold L and press x or y to cycle through the alternate costumes, you'll know if its right because the character portraits will change to the alt costumes, characters that use this are Link, Toon Link, and R.O.B, but the same method is used to load Giga Bowser and Warioman, and yes you do need to hold L as long as your in the CSS to be able to use them
I tried that, and I'm still not getting anything. What are the alternative costumes, anyway?

TheMiSP

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
MISP#673
NNID
Collin9476
3DS FC
1564-3898-1072
Switch FC
SW-1536-5988-9478
The Brawl's Iso to use for the builder needs to be the 8Go one and not the 4Go ! Try to download another Iso and restart everything from the first extract of Dolphin LEGACY XP !
Yeah, I put together a new Brawl ISO and got one that is 7.8 GB, and that is unedited. Re-extracted the .7z file, redid everything. Same result.

EDIT: Nvm my own unedited Brawl ISO is 7.5 GB. Got a new one that is 7.92 GB, it works now. No white screen. My B

Last edited:

RedCommunist

Smash Rookie
Does anyone have a channel forwarder to launch this from the Wii System Menu?
Kids play the Wii and if they get into the Homebrew channel (neatly hidden on the very back page of the SD card) they could mess things up.

omega941

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3196-6132-4625
Any chance we could see a dark samus added to the roster roster?

Top Bottom