• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Annals of the Heavens - The Pits User Listing and Video Thread

Xcelerator

Smash Cadet
User name: Xcelerator
In-Game name: (PS~)Broberto
3DS Friend Code: 5129-2840-0509
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: N/A
Country of Residence: The Netherlands
Palette Colour: Purple ( or white/regular if purple is already taken xD )

gimpleader

Smash Cadet
A Montage video that I made. with Pit being my main it obviously features him in a couple of nice plays. Feel free to sub up to see when new videos arrive. Thanks for checking it out!

Foul Play

The biggest geek on the block
NNID
FoulPlay22
3DS FC
3480-3050-4532
User name: @ Foul Play Foul Play
In game name: Foul Play
3ds friend code: added later
NNID: FoulPlay22
Residence: U.S. Springfield Missouri
Palette: Purple/cyan, but mostly Pink
Message: I've been using Pit since the release of the wiiu version. I feel I'm well on my way to becoming the best Pit in my state, and very soon, my region :)

Pagliacci

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1220-7505-3619

need some critiquing. played this person a few times on smash ladders and they beat me fairly often.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681

What skill level do you think these two pits are on?
Those two are really similiar.......they are also at a very very high skill level imo, some of the better pits i've seen.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
All this time I've been maining Dark Pit and I missed this lol

User name: Italianbaptist
In-Game name: Battista (with Greek letters and crosses)
3DS Friend Code: 4613 7899 0504
(Wii U) Nintendo Network ID: Geek4Jesus
Country of Residence: USA
Palette Colour: White and red aka "Dark pit found Jesus" (white for the sins being washed away and the red scarf for Jesus' blood)
Message: Ever since reading his backstory on Kid Icarus wiki I've been drawn to this character. Kinda reminds me of myself; I was made so I'm not a mistake and I don't have to stay on the dark side :) I don't even play regular pit that much lol, mainly cuz electroshock rocks

Last edited:

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
Those two are really similiar.......they are also at a very very high skill level imo, some of the better pits i've seen.
Actually, no. They're average but not high skill level.

I see some flaws in both of their playstyle. Main problem is that they play too reckless and unsafe. The comeback of the black one is really nice to see but otherweise both do so many small mistakes which could cost against league-level players the stock.

I would say 4/10 on a scale.
Offensive > top
Defensive/Counter > low black one, a bit better the blue one (mid)
Mindgames > low
Air Battles > low

They will become fine Pits in the future but they are too reckless in everything they do.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Actually, no. They're average but not high skill level.

I see some flaws in both of their playstyle. Main problem is that they play too reckless and unsafe. The comeback of the black one is really nice to see but otherweise both do so many small mistakes which could cost against league-level players the stock.

I would say 4/10 on a scale.
Offensive > top
Defensive/Counter > low black one, a bit better the blue one (mid)
Mindgames > low
Air Battles > low

They will become fine Pits in the future but they are too reckless in everything they do.
I think you're being a bit harsh/vague :p. Care to give a bit more detail? Like what specifically were you looking for and what specific things did they do wrong? (I could be wrong afterall.)

I took into consideration the fact that they might know each other well and as such mindgames, and defensive options may be unsafe if your opponent knows you well. They still managed to get some decent mindgames and reads in as well as using baits (although they did mess up sometimes but I can tell they know what they're doing i.e it wasnt intentional) perhaps it's better to just be 'reckless' because sometimes it catches your opponent off guard, Pit has the ability to be both conservative and aggressive. I switch from defensive to highly offensive depending on my opponent (and the lag) all the time.
I judged them more on the fact of their understanding of the character (e.g offensive strings, their use of dair, fullhop arrows, the spaced fairs) and less on their fundamental levels (I know i know pit is a very fundamental based character) but their are alot of variables that can affect fundamentals (not sure if that makes any sense to you im bad at explaining) Although they did have very good fundamentals anyway not rolling around, utililizing their jumps, knowing when to get in and when to stay out, etc.
Their defensive and counter options: Their defense is fine, like i said, great use of jumps, and proper use of rolls, spot dodges, shield etc (by that I mean they weren't spamming it), I notice they use offense as a counter/defensive measure and you would be surprised at how many people this catches offguard (e.g in the video I saw him mixup between 2 options as his opponent approached him. The first time he predicted the run up shield and grabbed his opponent instead of choosing a defensive option, the second time he opted to throw out an fsmash but his opponent used the upperdash to mix things up (likely predicting a spot dodge because as we know pit had a good grab a game so an opponent will spot dodge alot)).
As for offstage battles there was an okay one at about 4:10 where they tried to fight each other offstage a bit (still near the ledge). But there is good reason behind that, as you saw they tried to keep it safe near the ledge because it's dangerous fighting pit offstage, if you make a mistake you can get punished hard offstage as. It's also alot harder to mess with someone offstage when they have the same air fighting prowess as you.

At the very least I'd rate them around 6-7/10 although it really is hard to judge someone like that off of one video.

Just out of curiosity could we see a vid of you playing :p you've sparked my interest as being someone experienced and I'd like to see the way u play pit or what you consider good because I've seen only about 5 or 6 good pits in all my time playing but my idea of good may not be up to standard with higher level plays.

Last edited:

Fujiwara

Smash Apprentice
I think you're being a bit harsh/vague :p. Care to give a bit more detail? Like what specifically were you looking for and what specific things did they do wrong? (I could be wrong afterall.)
It may be harsh, but it's the truth. Yes, they do understand the characters well. But I see the same mistakes I've done in dittos and others MUs, so I know only too well how rushdown-charas can punish such behaviour easily. From each side I've been told that Pit is actually a true B-Tier character but in my opinion he is a C-tier chara because he really lacks some updates like Ike did in the past.

Just out of curiosity could we see a vid of you playing :p you've sparked my interest as being someone experienced and I'd like to see the way u play pit or what you consider good because I've seen only about 5 or 6 good pits in all my time playing but my idea of good may not be up to standard with higher level plays.
Actually I already looked for a replay I could share with you guys but unfortunately there're only 2vs2 at the moment which aren't that good (ff-hits on both sides f.e.) and could backup my words. I even try to upload one of them but it really takes a long time for me (+60mins). Maybe someone could add me and upload it at a much faster rate? I would love to share some of my future replays against some good players (like KayJay from the boards here, one of the finest Samus-players you cound find tbh). Maybe I get some friends of mine to share me some of their replays too where I'm at the top of my abilities. Let's see.

In my opinion spacing and awareness is everything you need to be a good Pit. If you can easily get grabed (like me in the past) from other characters just trough constant power-shielding and rushdowns through Pits Jabs, d-Tilt or f-Tilt, than these players are just better or exploit the MU perfectly against the angel. On the other hand the frames work against Pit in many situations. I just saw it in the video I tried to upload: Samus can just instant bAir me when I have to time fAir a bit earlier. And all these little hiccups really annoy me like nothing else. My playstyle is more about defensive countering and trolling instead of offensive approaches.

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
It may be harsh, but it's the truth. Yes, they do understand the characters well. But I see the same mistakes I've done in dittos and others MUs, so I know only too well how rushdown-charas can punish such behaviour easily. From each side I've been told that Pit is actually a true B-Tier character but in my opinion he is a C-tier chara because he really lacks some updates like Ike did in the past.

Actually I already looked for a replay I could share with you guys but unfortunately there're only 2vs2 at the moment which aren't that good (ff-hits on both sides f.e.) and could backup my words. I even try to upload one of them but it really takes a long time for me (+60mins). Maybe someone could add me and upload it at a much faster rate? I would love to share some of my future replays against some good players (like KayJay from the boards here, one of the finest Samus-players you cound find tbh). Maybe I get some friends of mine to share me some of their replays too where I'm at the top of my abilities. Let's see.

In my opinion spacing and awareness is everything you need to be a good Pit. If you can easily get grabed (like me in the past) from other characters just trough constant power-shielding and rushdowns through Pits Jabs, d-Tilt or f-Tilt, than these players are just better or exploit the MU perfectly against the angel. On the other hand the frames work against Pit in many situations. I just saw it in the video I tried to upload: Samus can just instant bAir me when I have to time fAir a bit earlier. And all these little hiccups really annoy me like nothing else. My playstyle is more about defensive countering and trolling instead of offensive approaches.
Well everyone to themselves I guess :p hehe thats one of the things I like about Smash. You don't necessarily have to play any character in a particular way. You say you play a defensive pit which may explain your view but I play a generally offensive pit. tbh I don't think anyone is wrong here, like I said everyone has their own opinion. Especially in a game like smash it's very hard to say what's wrong and what's right when there are so many options. I honestly don't believe in specific tier lists that much..Just compare Nairo and Esam. I reckon they are at about the same skill level yet Nairo's Dark pit (whom you consider c tier) can go toe to toe with Esam's Pikachu who is considered top 5. Also, when you say exploiting the MU perfectly against the angel what do you mean? How are they exploiting you? (As far as I'm concerned there really isn't much you can exploit about pit, in that way he's all round good). If samus can bair you before you can fair then don't use fair, choose a defensive option and punish the bair.

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681

Not exactly useful for analysis but here's one. I'll probably upload some useful ones later.

xfateful

Smash Cadet
Just letting you guys know that Earth was at 9B's house over last weekend and got to play a ton of matches on stream there. It's very rare to find such long footage of Earth playing Pit so I thought I should share.

Here's the VOD.
http://www.twitch.tv/hysranai/v/23127304?t=16h44m18s
He started playing at where I specified in the video but he also played here and there throughout the entire stream so try skipping around to find the rest of his matches.

Last edited:

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Just letting you guys know that Earth was at 9B's house over last weekend and got to play a ton of matches on stream there. It's very rare to find such long footage of Earth playing Pit so I thought I should share.

Here's the VOD.
He started playing at where I specified in the video but he also played here and there throughout the entire stream so try skipping around to find the rest of his matches.
Thanks! I definitely needed some info on the sonic vs pit matchup, that matchup is a ***** to play...

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Ever try using Utilt to pressure people on platforms? Most characters I don't think have a good way to stop it with how crazy disjointed it is. It slides too, so if you do it out of a walk you can kinda chase people on SV's platform. SH Dair might be a good option too, need to look into that...

Another thing is that you kinda let your opponents get away with charging smashes... Rage + smash attack vulnerability + armored kill move means you can get some crazy comebacks. Like, if you're at 120 and he's at 60 he will die to Upperdash. Rage and SAV combined is legit dumb and should be patched but until it is we should abuse the heck out of it. :awesome:

Maybe I'm just being nitpicky but when you go to try and snipe people offstage you don't really mix up how you shoot. Like, I didn't see a fullhop arrow or charged arrows in either match. Doc and Luigi need to be really careful with their recoveries so a little luck on a simple mixup could give you the stock if you end up stuffing a double jump or something.

Gotta be careful with those Dthrow > Usmash combos on Luigi... You got punished for trying it both times. Against more floaty characters you might want to go for Dairs or Bairs instead.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

Here's the VOD.
Found a browser that'd co-operate with twitch...

Watched him for about an hour, and gotta say he ain't trying very hard. Namely he's recovering in the most predictable way possible. At one point he's doing the ol' "flutter under the ledge dur hur" bit and eating half-charged Sonic Fsmashes for it. Dunno why he's just playing so poorly... Don't think there's much worthwhile footage here. I stopped at 17:30 and he still hadn't gotten his act together, so if somebody else wants to dig through you might as well start there...

xfateful

Smash Cadet
Found a browser that'd co-operate with twitch...

Watched him for about an hour, and gotta say he ain't trying very hard. Namely he's recovering in the most predictable way possible. At one point he's doing the ol' "flutter under the ledge dur hur" bit and eating half-charged Sonic Fsmashes for it. Dunno why he's just playing so poorly... Don't think there's much worthwhile footage here. I stopped at 17:30 and he still hadn't gotten his act together, so if somebody else wants to dig through you might as well start there...
I think you are underestimating Earth's opponent Komorikiri. Komorikiri is very good at getting the 2-frame snapback on the ledge with Sonic's f-smash. Earth can snapping back with Pit's up-b instead of hovering near the ledge, but in both cases, Komorikiri will get the f-smash very often. Komorikiri gets the 2-frame a lot in tournament as well. People like Ally have lost a stock to an almost fully charged f-smash by Komorikiri. To also put things in perspective in terms of player skill, Komorikiri is ranked 3rd in Japan while Earth is 10th.

Also keep in mind that Earth seems to have a lot of trouble in the Sonic match-up. He opted to go as Fox versus Komorikiri during Umebura F.A.T before switching to Pit. As Pit, Earth got destroyed, when as Fox, he was doing quite well. He is probably learning the match-up like all of us does. Just because he is losing doesn't mean it's not worthwhile footage of Pit play. He's playing debatably the best Sonic in the world. Therefore, from watching, there are definitely things you can pick out in terms of what to do and what not to do as Pit in this match-up. Like for instance, do not recover predictably.

In my opinion, Earth recovers pretty predictably to begin with. He loses a lot of tournament stocks by being edge-guarded by players like Komorikiri and Ranai. This is one example of an edge-guard by Komorikiri during the Umebura F.A.T. I mentioned earlier: https://youtu.be/kqfkdXzSsuM?t=568

Nonetheless, realizing that Earth isn't playing perfect is good because it means there are things to improve on for him and for us since we know that Pit is not being played to his fullest potential as of yet. However, Earth is the best Pit player in the world so there is definitely a lot to be learned from him even if he isn't playing at his best. Such things that can be learned include his amazing spacing, his knowledge of tempo, and good neutral game to just name a few.

After about 17:30, Komorikiri left and Earth began to play against 9B and Sygnuss. While the matches between Sygnuss and Earth are not to be indicative of the Pit/Diddy match-up, 9B versus Earth is as good as you will get for the Pit/Ryu match-up since 9B is the best Ryu in the world.

Afterwards, Earth plays 9B again at around 22:58:35 and during that segment, he also plays Hiraga, a Sheik player. After that, Earth plays against Share and Gazer, a Villager and Link player respectively, at about 26:04. However, I feel that Hiraga, Share, and Gazer, aren't on the same level as Earth as of right now. The best matches to look at are against Komorikiri and 9B, which I have given approximate times for. But in case you just want to watch Earth's Pit, I have also given approximate times for his other matches.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I think you are underestimating Earth's opponent Komorikiri. Komorikiri is very good at getting the 2-frame snapback on the ledge with Sonic's f-smash. Earth can snapping back with Pit's up-b instead of hovering near the ledge, but in both cases, Komorikiri will get the f-smash very often. Komorikiri gets the 2-frame a lot in tournament as well. People like Ally have lost a stock to an almost fully charged f-smash by Komorikiri. To also put things in perspective in terms of player skill, Komorikiri is ranked 3rd in Japan while Earth is 10th.

Also keep in mind that Earth seems to have a lot of trouble in the Sonic match-up. He opted to go as Fox versus Komorikiri during Umebura F.A.T before switching to Pit. As Pit, Earth got destroyed, when as Fox, he was doing quite well. He is probably learning the match-up like all of us does. Just because he is losing doesn't mean it's not worthwhile footage of Pit play. He's playing debatably the best Sonic in the world. Therefore, from watching, there are definitely things you can pick out in terms of what to do and what not to do as Pit in this match-up. Like for instance, do not recover predictably.

In my opinion, Earth recovers pretty predictably to begin with. He loses a lot of tournament stocks by being edge-guarded by players like Komorikiri and Ranai. This is one example of an edge-guard by Komorikiri during the Umebura F.A.T. I mentioned earlier: https://youtu.be/kqfkdXzSsuM?t=568

Nonetheless, realizing that Earth isn't playing perfect is good because it means there are things to improve on for him and for us since we know that Pit is not being played to his fullest potential as of yet. However, Earth is the best Pit player in the world so there is definitely a lot to be learned from him even if he isn't playing at his best. Such things that can be learned include his amazing spacing, his knowledge of tempo, and good neutral game to just name a few.

After about 17:30, Komorikiri left and Earth began to play against 9B and Sygnuss. While the matches between Sygnuss and Earth are not to be indicative of the Pit/Diddy match-up, 9B versus Earth is as good as you will get for the Pit/Ryu match-up since 9B is the best Ryu in the world.

Afterwards, Earth plays 9B again at around 22:58:35 and during that segment, he also plays Hiraga, a Sheik player. After that, Earth plays against Share and Gazer, a Villager and Link player respectively, at about 26:04. However, I feel that Hiraga, Share, and Gazer, aren't on the same level as Earth as of right now. The best matches to look at are against Komorikiri and 9B, which I have given approximate times for. But in case you just want to watch Earth's Pit, I have also given approximate times for his other matches.
Eh, I dunno. He's recovering with all the ability of a for Glory Side-B spammer. I'd imagine he'd at least have the sense to Uspecial sooner to at least keep Sonic from charging as much. But instead he wastes his time using up all his jumps (also bad because now you're losing jumps that could save you if you got hit) before recovering.

It's hard to get a feel of the matchups when he's dying about twice as fast as he should is all...

xfateful

Smash Cadet
Eh, I dunno. He's recovering with all the ability of a for Glory Side-B spammer. I'd imagine he'd at least have the sense to Uspecial sooner to at least keep Sonic from charging as much. But instead he wastes his time using up all his jumps (also bad because now you're losing jumps that could save you if you got hit) before recovering.

It's hard to get a feel of the matchups when he's dying about twice as fast as he should is all...
They played for about an hour. It should give people a good idea of the match-up. Regardless of how fast the matches went, I think it can be said that Pit has ways to deal with Sonic in the neutral. That is because even if Earth gets hit by a lot of combos at the start, he goes pretty even until he needs to recover or Sonic gets his u-air at a top platform.

As for Earth's recovery, a small side note: Earth has changed the way he recovers as of late. He used to use Guardian Orbitars a lot to cover his descent and proceeded to recover low with up-b. I don't know whether that is because he has been edge-guarded badly for recovering low (especially since he has been facing Ranai a lot in bracket these past few months), punished hard during the Orbitars' endlag, or some other reason lately. Nowadays, he usually tries to recover high or goes for the ledge by mainly using his jumps. Nonetheless, I'm sure he is trying to work out a recovery strategy that works for him. But as he works out a solid recovery strategy, there are bound to be lots of failures.

Earth has definitely tried going for a faster up-b. The clip I had posted of Komorikiri's edge-guard is what happened when he did. There is a danger in going for a faster up-b. Unless you are at an angle or hugging the wall, it can be difficult to snap at the ledge because you're too close to it. If the Pit player decides to hug the wall on Battlefield, the thin floor makes it easy for the Sonic player to f-smash downwards and hit Pit. And because you are hugging the wall, you are ascending to the ledge slower, giving the Sonic player more time to hit that f-smash. Meanwhile, if any Pit player is going to go at an angle, it is pretty projected that they will use up-b. That in turn allows the Sonic player to use their up-b to knock Pit away. Causing the Pit player to be in the situation Earth found himself in and allowed Komorikiri to charge the f-smash and get the 2-frame on him.

I'm sure Earth remembers how he lost against Komorikiri at Umebura F.A.T. and I believe this is affecting his gameplay right now as he is trying a spin on his current recovery option. In this strategy, he mainly recovers high by using his jumps and aerials. He simply does not want to get caught snapping to the ledge because Komorikiri reacts to it or is ready to react to his getup option. Sometimes this strategy works and Earth doesn't get punished. For instance, during Earth and Komorikiri's last match, Earth got away with it a lot and that allowed him to two stock Komorikiri. Other times he gets punished hard, usually getting caught without many jumps to mix-up the timing for up-b.

It is true that Earth is dancing around the ledge a lot and I believe it's because he doesn't know what to do when Komorikiri is standing there, ready to react to Earth's options. This is ultimately a fault of Earth's play-style. Earth's play-style is countered by by players that have a highly reactive play-style. And this is something that Earth will have to overcome himself. This fault is amplified by the fact that Earth's recovery is one of his weakest points. He's simply not the best or even comfortable offstage because he focuses on stage control.

All in all, this stream is a way for Earth to learn as well as viewers.

As a viewer, you realize that Earth eats a lot of damage and loses the vast majority of his stocks when he tries to recover. That means having stage control or maintaining a neutral position is crucial in this match-up. Against a Sonic that is good at edge-guarding, such as Komorikiri, you will definitely need to mix-up your recovery and getup options. Meanwhile, if the Sonic is not good at that, focusing more on playing a strong neutral game should get you far.

In any case, Earth in particular has a hard time getting back on the stage and it's something he can definitely work on. It's also something us Pit mains should be wary of since Pit is pretty easily edge-guarded by some characters. Regardless, I think the matches that Earth played against Komorikiri are worthwhile and good learning experience.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
terminalkai has 8 matches of Pit vs. Falco uploaded: https://youtu.be/8vxbqhLTioQ. Different players, so don't critique them all as the same. There are other videos of Pit on the channel... Some of them being against KEN who's a really defensive Sonic player. Most recent one being this: https://youtu.be/2ox-Gyx2Wrw.

Same tournament had a Pit player vs. a Luigi and Mario player: https://youtu.be/s3kcy8GpJOk.
Ooo, this stuff's like gold to us Ffamram. Especially the Sonic one. Mr. あーす seems to understand Pit vs. Sonic a lot better then Earth does. It's also pretty juicy because we see that Japan is well-aware of quite a few things I've discovered this side of the ocean, like how walking jabs/grabs/utilts slide and what's pretty clearly an intentional fullhop arrow.

Although, these matches were online, correct? Because otherwise I'm not sure what the Jigglypuff countdown is for.

xfateful

Smash Cadet
Ooo, this stuff's like gold to us Ffamram. Especially the Sonic one. Mr. あーす seems to understand Pit vs. Sonic a lot better then Earth does. It's also pretty juicy because we see that Japan is well-aware of quite a few things I've discovered this side of the ocean, like how walking jabs/grabs/utilts slide and what's pretty clearly an intentional fullhop arrow.

Although, these matches were online, correct? Because otherwise I'm not sure what the Jigglypuff countdown is for.
あーす is Earth. Earth simply did better against KEN because KEN is ranked 36th in Japan and plays a less reactive Sonic than Komorikiri does. Nonetheless the practice matches that he did with Komorikiri on Ranai's stream probably helped him a lot with the match-up as recently Earth has been doing better against Sonics, including Komorikiri. He was very close to taking both games off of Komorikiri in a tournament last Sunday and if the second game didn't go to time, Earth just might have. It's a major improvement from the Umebura F.A.T. where it looked like he didn't know what to do against Komorikiri.

In case you want to see the set, it's right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgC4Ank1Mk8
Earth was still pressured a lot during recovery. So much so that he opts to recover with up-b past the ledge and onto the stage more than once. The way he lost the first game was completely preventable, and as a player, Earth really needs to stop trying to attack Komorikiri while getting up from the ledge. It has gotten him punished a lot. But I'm sure Earth will learn from this set. I will never underestimate a top player's ability to learn from a match.

And yes, those are all online matches.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
あーす is Earth. Earth simply did better against KEN because KEN is ranked 36th in Japan and plays a less reactive Sonic than Komorikiri does. Nonetheless the practice matches that he did with Komorikiri on Ranai's stream probably helped him a lot with the match-up as recently Earth has been doing better against Sonics, including Komorikiri. He was very close to taking both games off of Komorikiri in a tournament last Sunday and if the second game didn't go to time, Earth just might have. It's a major improvement from the Umebura F.A.T. where it looked like he didn't know what to do against Komorikiri.

In case you want to see the set, it's right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgC4Ank1Mk8
Earth was still pressured a lot during recovery. So much so that he opts to recover with up-b past the ledge and onto the stage more than once. The way he lost the first game was completely preventable, and as a player, Earth really needs to stop trying to attack Komorikiri while getting up from the ledge. It has gotten him punished a lot. But I'm sure Earth will learn from this set. I will never underestimate a top player's ability to learn from a match.

And yes, those are all online matches.
Well don't I look silly. :p

He's definitely improving by leaps and bounds in the Sonic MU though.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
CHOMPY CHOMPY shouldn't this thread be stickied? (Also, its great that you are back its so much nicer having a mod around :) )

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
http://www.twitch.tv/shi_gaming/v/30710231
At about 1 hour in,

There is some great stuff there. Firstly that there was a Pit in 3rd and 1st place. CHOMPY CHOMPY the pit in third is the Pit you were talking about earlier. There is also Earth's fox vs that Pit, and it goes to show that the Pit v Fox MU isn't that bad even in Neutral. (I laughed when he started the match with 3 dash attacks consecutively). We have a Pit ditto, and then we have Ranai vs both Pits.

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
http://www.twitch.tv/shi_gaming/v/30710231
At about 1 hour in,

There is some great stuff there. Firstly that there was a Pit in 3rd and 1st place. CHOMPY CHOMPY the pit in third is the Pit you were talking about earlier. There is also Earth's fox vs that Pit, and it goes to show that the Pit v Fox MU isn't that bad even in Neutral. (I laughed when he started the match with 3 dash attacks consecutively). We have a Pit ditto, and then we have Ranai vs both Pits.
Very good matches! I'll have to finish watching them tomorrow though. I heard from TMNTSSB4 TMNTSSB4 That Earth beat ranai recently. Just out of curiosity, where does Pit go on Japan's tier lists?

Last edited:

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
I'm not too sure last I saw, Pit was B tier.
Huh, I suppose that about where he is in the US. Looks like there's more talented Japanese Pit players than I thought. I recall another Pit player in japan whose Gamertag is Kappa Maki. He also had a few really solid matches. Maybe Pit's place on the tier list there will start to go up a bit soon eh?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Huh, I suppose that about where he is in the US. Looks like there's more talented Japanese Pit players than I thought. I recall another Pit player in japan whose Gamertag is Kappa Maki. He also had a few really solid matches. Maybe Pit's place on the tier list there will start to go up a bit soon eh?
He moved up to rank 3 on the SmashBoards tier list

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
I'm not much of a competitive player, but I think people really underestimate his place in the tier list. To me, (once again, I'm no competitive player) he seems at least A tier.

Top Bottom