• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime Reccomendations/ chat, Advice

Nick DePaul

Smash Cadet
NNID
nickzaroo
3DS FC
3239-4036-3837
Hello everyone like the title states I would just like some recommendations and talk about anime. FamilyTeam FamilyTeam introduced me to watamote and the others may include RWBY (those are what I completed and cant believe its over).

I currently am watching Attack on Titan (on episode #14) and bleach (just finished Season 2). The anime recommendations HAVE to be in one of these three catagories; Action/Adventure, Comedy, Sports.

Lastly, I will take ALL Advice so plz give me some. A friend told me about how I should not watch just one episode when I try them (I'm confused what he meant).

Thanks in Advance and I will keep in touch and promise to watch as soon as possible and take all advice tips and tricks ( I use Crunchyroll and I'm not a member)

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Oh, hello there, again!
Really, I'll just recommend you watch Madoka Magica. It's one hell of a ride. Seriously, it's worth it.

Suzukipot

Actual Mother trash
NNID
em12498
3DS FC
0404-9964-5652
As far as sports anime go I have to really recommend Kuroko's Basketball and Slam Dunk. Kuroko is just good in general and Slam Dunk is funny and focusses on the characters a lot.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Hello everyone like the title states I would just like some recommendations and talk about anime. FamilyTeam FamilyTeam introduced me to watamote and the others may include RWBY (those are what I completed and cant believe its over).
RWBY isn't over. Just wait for Volume 4.
Even though My Hero Academia is not a sport anime. But it does have action and comedy.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
The anime recommendations HAVE to be in one of these three catagories; Action/Adventure, Comedy, Sports.
Awwwww, as a pretty big Horror/Mystery anime fan that really breaks my heart and limits to what I can recommend; however I have seen dozens of various animes of all genres too. It's just horror/mystery is my favorite type. In any case, I would recommend these ones:

Working!!
Working!! can be pretty hilarious but I suppose it depends on your exact type of humor. It currently has three seasons, each 12/13 eps.

Parasyte -the Maxim-
Are strange, murderous aliens/parasites your thing? Give this a try! Each episode only got better and better in my opinion and it does have quite a bit of actiony, intense fight scenes despite not really being classified as Action. Definitely highly recommended in my books.

Mitsudomoe
This is one that caters to a specific type of humor, mainly the huge misunderstandings/cringey and perverted kind. It has two seasons, the first being 12 eps long while the second is only 8 eps long. I remember watching it years ago and laughing/cringing a lot.

Pani Poni Dash!
Cutesy, very random, and has tons of various references to many things left and right. Not to mention it enjoys breaking the fourth wall quite often in subtle ways. I love this one and would gladly watch it countless times; however I've only watched the dubbed version.

Katanagatari
Firstly, I absolutely loved the art style in this one quite a lot. It's action, comedy, and drama and each episode is actually an hour long and I believe it had a total of 12 episodes. I really enjoyed this one and still can't get over how nice the art style was. A good, personal favorite.

Kara no Kyoukai
This is actually an anime movie series, and I loved it; however I should warn you the movies were not released in chronological order so they may confuse you unless you want to look up what order you should watch them in. This one has some drama, horror, and lots of action. I do admit that one or two of their movies were quite boring though but they had some pretty amazing ones too.

The 5th one, "Paradox Spiral" was my favorite out of the bunch. The movies range from an hour to two hours, and there's 9 total I believe.

Lastly, I will take ALL Advice so plz give me some. A friend told me about how I should not watch just one episode when I try them (I'm confused what he meant).
It's because there's quite a few animes that takes a few episodes before they actually get good or can hook you. Some animes just start off slow and seem uninteresting at first, and some escalate very quickly. Always try to watch two or three episodes (or more, depending on how long the anime is) before deciding you don't like it. It can be quite easy to dismiss something before giving it a chance.

I even have this flaw because I tend to rely on summaries/descriptions a lot before even attempting to watch them, and boy I've missed out on quite a few good ones that way that I wish I got into a lot sooner because of that way of thinking. I'm still trying to break that habit.

Last edited:

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
Cowboy Bebop (and the superb movie)

Magi (both series)

FMA Brotherhood

DragonBall and DBZ

Sword Art Online (Don't listen to the Anime hipsters, just enjoy it)

Last edited:

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
As far as sports anime go I have to really recommend Kuroko's Basketball and Slam Dunk. Kuroko is just good in general and Slam Dunk is funny and focusses on the characters a lot.
The ending for slam dunk was just horrible did they win the nationals. :sadeyes:

I currently am watching Attack on Titan (on episode #14) and bleach (just finished Season 2). The anime recommendations HAVE to be in one of these three catagories; Action/Adventure, Comedy, Sports.

Thanks in Advance and I will keep in touch and promise to watch as soon as possible and take all advice tips and tricks ( I use Crunchyroll and I'm not a member)
Watch Fist of the north star
One Punch Man
Kimagure Orange road
Yu yu Hakusho
Dr.slump arale-chan
Mob psycho 100
Inuyusha

WIZRADisRAD

Smash Rookie
Cory in the House a good anime has a ton of comedy and a great story (Hahaha I'm a meme lord).

But to be serious I would suggest JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Cowboy Bebob

JJBA: This anime has a lot of action and comedy the series really picks up at part 3 aka Stardust Crusaders. I would have to say that the manga is better due to it's length but the anime is still a good watch. It's ongoing and is at part 4. If you want to skip parts the best place to skip to would be part 3 because Part 4 doesn't explain some of the important elements.

Cowboy Bebop: This anime is a classic and has great scenery and a good story. It has a good amount of action and as stated earlier a great story, although I've only started watching it I've head a lot of good things about it.

Nick DePaul

Smash Cadet
NNID
nickzaroo
3DS FC
3239-4036-3837
There are pry more coming but to all the commented ones and future people responding THANK YOU. Your responses and recommendations are appreciated and watched most of them. Here is whought of the ones I did. Special message to KirbCider KirbCider I am really sorry I don't like horror I just don't wanna try it because I don't like horror games/movies but love how you explain anime and sharing what you thought

Keep those recommendations going but I will now take ALL genres except horror and sports as it was for my little brother and he is watching diamond something.

WIZRADisRAD WIZRADisRAD and Ten of Nine Ten of Nine You both mentioned Cowboy Beebop and I didn't like it. It was just... too weird and my first was "What is this?" "Who are you guys"?

Pachinkosam Pachinkosam I watched one punch man and I didn't like and mob phsco 100... I didn't bother watching, noticing it was from the creator of one punch man and based on a trailer looked silly. I did really like north star.

FamilyTeam FamilyTeam That anime I watched some of a random fight scene and loved it was awesome and will watch start to finish

Ten of Nine

Smash Apprentice
Man if you didn't like Cowboy Bebop then you might want to stay away from most mainstream Anime recommendations. Generally most Anime fans put Cowboy Bebop in the top 5 if not the number 1 next to others like DBZ and FMA. You get to know the Cowboy Bebop Characters as it progresses, character development is more like real life and while intentionally sparse it's very much worth the time investment. The action and voice acting is some of the best, I think it ends up being one of the best mature stories from any Anime (definitely some of the best music) It might be an age thing too, I know my tastes changed a lot over time. Maybe in 5 or so years you'll love it, maybe not who knows.

But there so many types of Anime, you should probably specify what kind you've liked more in depth, some examples.

There's comedy stuff like Ramna 1/2 and Shin Chan
There's adventure like Hunter x Hunter, Trigun, Code Geass, and Fairy Tail
There's Sci Fi like Stein's Gate, Gargantia, Ghost in a Shell
There's coming age, fantasy stuff like Neon Genesis Evangelion, Elfin Lied, and Claymore

Oh and I didn't mention it because it's so massively popular and it's not technically Anime, but you HAVE to watch Avatar TLA, 2nds series Korra is good too (that one takes a while to get good)

I don't like Harems or any of the pervy fan service Waifu crap, but there seems to be a lot of people on here that do. No judgements, it's just not for me. And there seems to plenty of that stuff being made. I can't really recommend any of that since I don't follow.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Really, it's hard, but maybe try out K-On?
K-On has a concept a lot of people find unappealing, but it grows on a lot of people over time. It's just a simple, relaxed, cutely animated and well done anime with music references in between, and it really feels like it was made to capture the spirit of a school band far more than to actually be a dedicated music anime.
I mean, I liked K-On my first time watching it without even realising the supposed "deep character development" it has.
You can just watch this video (and the second part as well) if you want to know what I'm talking about exactly.
It has spoilers but... K-On doesn't have all that much in the way of spoilers anyway.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
One Punch Man
Nisekoi
Trigun
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Angelbeats
My Hero Academia
Continue watching RWBY
Hellsing
Assassination Classroom
Akame Ga Kill
Kill La Kill
Golden Time
Space Patrol Luluco.
A lot of those have rgeat action scenes, but are also incredibly funny, I've found Nisekoi and Golden Time to be very good at the subject of comedic romance.

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Well if you're looking for more recommendations, I could attempt to give a few more.

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt
Personally, I feel like the dub somehow made this funnier but I still appreciate the original as well, so watch whichever one you like depending on your preferences. Please note this Anime is very lewd, crude, but pretty hilarious and action packed.

It's style is also very interesting, given how it's drawn in a Western sort of style. (It's Soundtrack is also pretty amazing)

Nyan Koi!
An anime about cats. Perfect for the internet. It's a comedy, rather cutesy, and I remember watching it quite sometime ago.

Inuyasha
A classic that's been around for quite sometime and was even aired on the original Toonami as well as Adultswim. It has tons of action, a lot of episodes, and has some hilarious moments. Although the "Naraku got away for the 37th time!" plot got a little stale personally.

Eventually they made a new season for it called "Inuyasha: The Final Act!" which was essentially the final season for the Anime so do not forget that as well. Aside from that, Inuyasha has around three movies as well if you happen to watch the series and such.

YuGiOh Season 0
I know what you guys are thinking, but let me stop you right there. This is the original season of YuGiOh and is far different than the YuGiOh than we know now. I found out about it two years ago, gave it a watch, and do not regret it. This season is the best season.

Rozen Maiden
Has two seasons, two OVAs, and a 2013 season. Action, comedy, can be cutesy a lot of the time, and has it's sad moments.

It's definitely worth a watch.

Fooly Cooly
Only 6 episodes, but man will you be in for a ride the entire time... I would have no idea how to properly explain this Anime.

BONUS RECCOMENDATION: Plastic Nee-San
This was actually a web series thats only 12 episodes long and about 3 to 5 minutes per episode.

It would only take you around 27 minutes to watch the whole thing due to this, and I find it to be pretty hilarious and random.

Last edited:

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
How has no one said Nichijou? If you ever need to relax or watch something that doesn't require much thought, try it out. I will also second Working, the cast is very good.

A good way I got into other anime is by watching currently airing shows. You can check seasonal charts, read summaries, and try stuff you might think is good.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
YASSS Slam Dunk! It's a bit old school, so the style might not be everyone's thing but I used to love this anime!

Fairy Tail got me back in to anime after not watching any for agesss and one of the few I actually followed real intently, think I got into about 100+ episodes of it which hasn't happened in forever. It's action packed, fun, interesting and likeable characters.

Used to also like Prince of Tennis - as name suggests it is sports, but I think it's skewed a little to the girls with all the bishies.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
As far as anime go, I'd personally recommend Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Rurouni Kenshin and Naruto.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is a anime I was very fond of. The very definition of hot-blooded heroes and passion enhanced with confidence as well. I really enjoyed the characters and battles too, even though it goes to ridiculous lengths in terms of the intensity curve.

Rurouni Kenshin is also a good anime well. One of my older brother's #1, and he's seen a lot of anime. Characters were likeable, interesting and the story was nice.

Naruto's probably too big to get into, but I'd definitely recommend watching it if anyone's interested. The first part's all full of fun, variety in characters, and some really have a well-written past that led them up to great development as well. It's sequel Shippuden is alot better as it goes in depth in the story and has some more serious plot points.

import3dguest

Smash Rookie
Serial Experiments Lain
Hellsing Ultimate
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Haibane Renmei
Madoka Magica
Cowboy Bebop

Those are my personal favorites.

Maven89

Smash Master
Death Note

Be safe, it's a proven scientific fact that watching any other anime makes your **** fall off

Last edited:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Shigatsu wa kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April)
By far my favorite anime, and even show in general. If you like dramas and enjoy classical music (specifically piano) you will love this. You'll laugh, cry, be inspired, and more. It's an amazing emotional roller coaster that starts off tugging on your heart strings. Then it moves on to playing those strings like a harp. And by the end, it starts ripping them out. Unless you're like me and your tear ducts don't seem to work very well, you WILL cry while watching this. Lovably relatable characters, great story, stunning soundtrack, it's an amazing journey overall.

Also, if you fancy over-the-top special moves and billions of dollars of property damage (mixed with themes about friendship), then watch Fairy Tail. It's great. It also has a pretty amazing soundtrack. Like this song:

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Crayon Shin-Chan

ok, if you want an anime all about Toilet humor starring a 5-year old boy who loves to be a pain in the ass, then check it out.

if not well, Try 'Blue Submarine No. 6'. I don't watch much anime nor am I a huge fan, but I particularly enjoyed these two for laugh and suspense.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Basilisk
Natsume
Yūjin-chō

NekoTony

Tips are allowed
NNID
Cheesezwheel
3DS FC
5430-1364-8542
I'm not sure if anyone mention this anime but Erased is a very good anime. Just watch the first 2 episodes and you be hooked, trust me. I suggest Kill la kill aswell.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
I unwittingly recommend Your Lie in April (Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso).

It's a slice of life focusing on musicianship and romance, so if you don't like either... well... WATCH IT ANYWAY. The soundtrack is absolutely fantastic, and it will change how you view things.

Top Bottom