• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime FighterZ: An Anime & Manga Fighting Game!

Should we allow additional reps for a same series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

The name says it all. It's Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo, one of the most crazist protag from Shonen Jump history. You might remember watching this show if you were watching Toonami on Cartoon Network during the 2000s. He'll make for a good funny moveset and showcasing all of his Nose Hair.

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Job #38: Tohru (Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid)
Anime Debut: "The Strongest Maid in History, Tohru! (Well, She is a Dragon)"

Tohru is one of the main dragons from "Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid", she is the maid of the titular Kobayashi and the caretaker of Kanna, plus she has the ability to transform into a human. Her moveset could contain moves related to cleaning and also her dragon-like powers.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I used it has an example so it would be kinda predictable but I'm going to submit

SAKATA GINTOKI
From Gintama
The leader of the Yorozuya, a group that can do anything for money. Gintoki is a skilled samurai who fought in the Joui War against the aliens who invaded Japan (is complicated). He is extremely strong but he is also very childish and lazy, flaws that usually makes him and his friends get into troubles thought he is also the one who makes them exit of other various.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Koro-Sensei (Assassination Classroom)

Koro-Sensei is the secondary protagonist and antihero from Assassination Classroom, he is the teacher of 3-E of kunugigaoke junior high school, Koro-Sensei is the payable character in J-Stars Victory Vs.,so probably he will fight against Goku again
Probably the best anime I've ever seen, no cap

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Submitting Chihiro from Kujibuki Unbalance

I don't watch a lot of anime but the only anime I've seen all the way through is Kujibuki Unbalance which is an anime where the people selected to be members of the student council for next year having to do tasks to impress this year's student council. Chihiro is considered the unlucky one and could have a luck based system in game.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
The Forger Family (Spy x Family)

The main characters of Spy x Family

They would fight as a trio, Loid would be a calculated spy, Yor would be an effective assassin and Anya is a psychic child and their dog bond.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, it's time for the votations! Very sorry for the wait. I always forgotted to start votations while I had the time.

VOTE FOR YOUR TOP 3!

1. Forgers
  2. Gintoki
  3. Yotsuba
This was quite a hard selection, thought there are some characters that I was surprised not see submitted.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JOB #39 - SUBMIT COLLECTABLES FROM COMEDY SERIES!
You already know the drill, it can be from the series submitted or from different franchises.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
Several of these characters will have a second chance in the Shonen Jump category, which is why despite it possibly being my favorite anime of all time, I'm not voting for Korosensei.

Dragon Maid is also super good. Deserves more votes

1. Tohru
2. Yuuko
3. Popuko & Pipimi

Also, isn't the whole point of One Punch Man that he finishes fights in... one punch? How would we even balance that

...also Mob Psycho is better

Last edited:

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Job #39:
1. Tohru (Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid)
2. Kanna (Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid)
3. The Forgers (SPY X FAMILY)
4. Saiki (The Disastrous Life of Saiki K)
5. Shun Kaidou (The Disastrous Life of Saiki K)
6. Dandy (Space Dandy)

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Several of these characters will have a second chance in the Shonen Jump category, which is why despite it possibly being my favorite anime of all time, I'm not voting for Korosensei.

Dragon Maid is also super good. Deserves more votes

1. Tohru
2. Yuuko
3. Popuko & Pipimi

Also, isn't the whole point of One Punch Man that he finishes fights in... one punch? How would we even balance that

...also Mob Psycho is better
Not sure it would fit the best, havent watched one punch since the first season ended, but maybe he could utilize anything but punching except for his level 3 special.

Also agree about Mob. In retrospect though for me One Punch came to mind first when thinking about the association with comedy.

Soy_Man

Smash Apprentice
Damn, no one nominated Crayon Shin-chan.

1. Yotsuba
2. Haruhi
3. Popuko & Pipimi

I don't really want the comedy pick to be another Shonen character, because they wouldn't stand out that much from the rest of the roster. I want a slice of life character with no combat ability, because it's wackier and would contrast against the other characters.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm very sorry about this long absence, I tend to subestimate my free time, I would like a lot if someone could help me doing some thigns like the vote count if someone wants to do it you can contact me in discord but moving on.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HERE IT COMES NEW CHALLENGERS!
1676346536339.png
1676346658996.png

The winners of this round are Popuko & Pipimi and Yotsuba!
1676346454327.png
Popuko & Pipimi completely shredded the competition this time, their chaotic nature would be very fun to see converted into a moveset for sure, Yotsuba is also here and now all those fake panels could be true!

DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 gave me a very good idea for a job so let's go with it apart of the other job planned.

JOB #39 - SUBMIT A STAGE FROM A COMEDY SERIES!
The same usual thing, it not necesarilly needs to be from a series in the game.

JOB #40 - SUBMIT CHARACTER'S INTERACTIONS!
The example only talks about the usual dialogue before and after a fight but for the moment I will keep this job wide and allow any class of interaction. For example even if we still don't have anyone if Jotaro fights against another timestop character he can invade their timestop using Star Platinum: The World or things like that.

Soy_Man

Smash Apprentice
Job 39
That one scene from Haruhi Suzumiya

1676417224384.png
1676417386809.png

1676417408278.png
1676418193724.png
1676417506023.png

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #39: Comedy Series Stage - Kameari Police Station (KochiKame)

Stationed right in-front of Kameari Park, this ever-present (and a real one, which it is based on) police station is one of KochiKame's most prevalent locations where it's main character, Kankichi Ryotsu, works with fellow colleagues, even being a name-sake for the manga's extended title (Kochira Katsushika-ku Kameari Kōen Mae Hashutsujo).

In Anime FighterZ, this stage takes place on Kameari Park's streets as players fight each other in-front of the station with a bicycle (presumably someone's else or particularly Ryotsu's; his absence does have a good reason in future) being shown parked close to it's entrance door. Besides a few Japanese pedestrians walking on the street's sidewalk behind it's fence in a background, cameos include various characters from the series such as Keiichi Nakagawa, Reiko Akimoto, Daijiro Ohara (chief/boss), Ai Asato (Maria) and Hayato Honda.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, vote for your favorite stage! Is a top 2 this time.
Now it's time for another big job!

JOB #41 - SUBMIT A CHARACTER FROM A 90s ANIME!
I forget that we didn't did a 90s job before (mainly since I usually remind Berserk has a 90s series), either way, feel free to submit whoever you want!

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. Kameari Police Station
2. Class 1-5 (a Haruhi Suzumiya stage)

Goshdangit again. Before I'll share my own character submission, here's a original write-up below for DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 as an appendum post I did weeks ago in preparation (minimal information like that doesn't really help, after all; so overdue).

Job #41: 1990's Fighter - Spike Spiegel

• Series: Cowboy Bebop
  • Original Network: TV Tokyo (this is a exclusion from "Publisher" as the anime came first)
  • Character Theme: Tank! (in his reveal/gameplay trailer, we'll probably use the short/opening version)
  • First Appearance:
    • Anime - Asteroid Blues (April 3rd/October 24th, 1998 - TV Tokyo/Wowow broadcasts)
    • Manga - You Only Live Twice (Chapter 1 of Cowboy Bebop: Shooting Star - May 1998)
Spike Spiegel is the main protagonist of a neo-noir science fiction anime series Cowboy Bebop, which was created and animated by Sunrise (currently Bandai Namco Filmworks Inc.) under Shinichiro Watanabe's direction and originally ran from April 3rd to June 26th, 1998 on TV Tokyo, before it's full entirety was shown from October 24th, 1998 to April 24th, 1999 on a satellite network Wowow.

The show takes place at the future in 2071, centering on a crew of bounty hunters that work from the spaceship Bebop and pursue criminals across the Solar System; Spike Spiegel and Jet Black, who were respective former hitman/ISSP officer and later joined by an amnesiac con artist who was put into cryogenic freeze 54 years back (Faye Valentine), an eccentric girl who is skilled in hacking (Edward; or "Radical Ed") and a genetically-engineered intelligent dog (Ein), as they end up on disastrous mishaps and confront faces & events from their past, with the main story arc involving Spike's deadly rivalry with Vicious, a criminal and old rival from the Red Dragon Syndicate, who seeks to kill him after the former was exiled and faked his death upon falling in love with Julia (who he was in search of).

Inspired by Lupin the Third, Cowboy Bebop has been declared as one of the greatest and beloved animated television series made in Japan of all time, having become a success in international markets (especially the United States, which's dub has been regarded as one of the best anime dubs) and garnered several awards & praises for it's various aspects like style, characters, story and phenomenal soundtrack, even having helped on introducing anime to a Western audience in the early 2000's. The show received a 2001 film (Knockin' on Heaven's Door) that sets between Episodes 22 and 23, two manga adaptations & video games on PlayStation consoles and a short-lived live-action Netflix adaptation, also making a surprising guest appearance in the video game Super Robot Wars T (series' first debut alongside Leiji Matsumoto's legendary Captain Harlock on his Arcadia ship, who in turn inspired Vicious - a match-up people waited for and rest in peace).

In Anime FighterZ, Spike's moveset is specifically a mixture of Jeet Kune Do martial arts and marksman skills through usage of various weapons like his trusty Jericho 941 handgun (also used dual pistols in various instances, potentially a Level 1 super attack akin to Deadpool's), a futuristic Thompson/Center Contender (which shoots a special rare mineral-built bullet which took down a biologically immortal enemy in Episode 6), M67 hand grenades, a net gun that can trap Spike's opponent when hit, gas grenades to slowly deplete their health for a while and a flamethrower. He can also use throwing daggers, a broom for the melee attack and sleight-of-hand technique by dropping down a grenade to the opponent before it blows up (possibly a counter-based move or Special Skill). His spacecraft, the Swordfish II (which was a high-speed MONO racer that Doohan converted into a fighter-ship for space combat), may obviously appear in Spike's Level 3/Destructive Finish super which he pilots while blowing up the opponent off with it's plasma cannon, machine guns and missiles. Jet and Faye can also show up to help him out in one of his normal super attacks/moves.

Job #41: 1990's Fighter - Alita/Gally

• Series: Gunnm (Battle Angel Alita)
  • Original Publisher: Shueisha & Kodansha (Last Order/Mars Chronicle)
  • Character Theme: Gally's Theme/Action (a medley with the former being more dynamic-sounding to fit in a fighting game-fashion)
  • First Appearance:
Alita (or Gally in the original Japanese version; may depend on the game's language option) is the eponymous protagonist of a cyberpunk manga series Gunnm (also known as Battle Angel Alita internationally), created by Yukito Kishiro for Shueisha's Business Jump magazine and serialized from December 15th, 1990 to April 1th, 1995. The story focuses on an amnesiac Martian cyborg herself in a post-apocalyptic 26th century when she was revived and took care by a well-renowned cybernetic physician Daisuke Ido after finding her in the Scrapyard (having given a name after his deceased cat), before discovering her martial art skills of Panzer Kurst (being fitted with the Berserker Body) and becoming a Hunter-Warrior (besides participating in the Motorball racing sport and also becoming a TUNED agent) in a journey to rediscover the remainder of her mysterious past throughout the series' timeline.

The manga has achieved various sequels (Last Order more directly and Mars Chronicle, which centered on Alita/Gally's childhood as "Yoko" since her birth in the year 2327), a 1995 spin-off manga Ashen Victor (which took place several years before the first chapter and focused on Motorball's background with Snev, a young and talented player who gained a following among it's fans as the "Crash King" for his accidents), a 1993 two-episode OVA adapting the first two volumes, a 1998 PlayStation video game (Martian Memory, which formed the basis for Last Order's story with additional elements from Kishiro's originally planned ending) and James Cameron's live-action movie adaptation, Alita: Battle Angel, in 2019 (who is a big fan of the manga, having been influenced by it for his 2000 television series, Dark Angel).

In Anime FighterZ, Alita/Gally is a rushdown fighter who's moveset/playstyle makes use of her Imaginos Body and abilities like Panzer Kurst martial arts, skills at Motorball racing sports and various weapons such as her signature Damascus Blade (which's plasma properties can be used to deflect incoming projectiles), a TUNED pistol/rifle and a sentient cannon Danko, able to perform quick and agile, yet powerful attacks. She can use multiple techniques such as Elbogen Blatt (dual forearm blades; likely a Special Skill that grants her quicker attacks for easier combos, similarly to Alisa's Destructive Form with chainsaws in Tekken), Plasma Jet (a dashing plasma-empowered punch), Kumai Sharin Kyaku (a rising handstand/dive kick), Schatten Forgen (a potential counter move), explosive Shaped Charge Kick/Palm, Astral Decoys and Hertza Haeon (a poweful palm strike that sends out a high-frequency vibration through the body, dealing massive damage; likely one of her Super Attacks).

Last edited:

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Job #41: Asuka (Neon Genesis Evangelion)
Anime Debut: "Asuka Strikes!" (November 22nd, 1995)

Asuka is one of the main characters in the mind-screw mecha anime "Neon Genesis Evangelion", She is one of the EVA pilots, being the tsundere of the EVA pilot group, and also the "Second Child". I will imagine her playstyle having her pilot EVA Unit-02 in battle while fighting the opponents.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm voting for the police station and the island of Dungeon Meshi.

For the character, I'm submitting Lina Inverse from Slayers, I honestly don't know too much of the series, since I met her for a collab her series had with a gacha called Guardian Tales but for what I really liked her with the things I looked. Lina is a powerful sorcerer that tries to gain money in a easy way but in the end she needs to safe the world in more than one ocassion (though most of the time she causes the same amount of destruction as the foes she fights, specially when using her Dragon Slave).

D

Deleted member

InuYasha

From the series of the same name. A half demon, Inuyasha would complete the trio of characterss created by Rumiko Takahashi. This series is very popular and just got a sequel anime.

1. Classroom
2. Police Station

Last edited by a moderator:

Soul_of_Xeno

Smash Apprentice
Job #41: Joe Yabuki (Tommorow's Joe)

Joe would be the boxer character for this game, as you can see from his design. He may just be a regular human, but his determination and willpower makes him a tough opponent.

Top Bottom