• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime FighterZ: An Anime & Manga Fighting Game!

Should we allow additional reps for a same series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 10
Kaido (One Piece)

One of the 4 emperors Kaido would be massive and would use his abilties like his giant club and his dragon form

Job 11
Panels/Frames

You would be able to collect famous panels from various manga, and frames from various anime

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Boss characters: Dodongodon And Momangadon

I think representing Dr. Slump is really imprtant with it being the first mainstream work of Toriyama's legendary career. Basically, Dodongadon walks around innocently on the large walkoff that features Penguin Village in the background. You walk up to attack him, and when you do, a second health bar appears, and Momongadon rises from the background. You have to attack her eye to defeat her, as it is her only hurtbox that is part of the foreground. Her attacks are devastating, and even worse if you defeat Dodongadon before her (don't worry, he's just conked out from the fight - doesn't make her any less angry, though). If you defeat Momangadon before Dodongadon, though, he'll get really fast and start using actual attacks (like turning around when you get close to bite you with his weird mouth-head thingy). It's really a battle where you wanna make a decision of who to focus attacking on, or try to even out your damage to both characters.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Actually, I'd like to ask something that I think would help with the current round: are we doing additional reps? I don't think that's been discussed so far
I was actually saving it for a little more far in the thread but well I guess it could work.

DISCUSSION #2 - SHOULD WE HAVE ADDITIONAL REPS?
There is some mentality in try to aboard a large amount of franchise and I guess nobody wants another Jump Force case where unless your name is Dragon Ball, One Piece, Bleach or Naruto you have luck if you get more than 1 rep. However we know that there are various franchise with such a big amount of iconic characters (some of them maybe even more iconic and unique than the protagonist!) so that's why I ask what is the opinion of all about it?

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
My original concept was bring this discussion until half the roster was done, and if it was well received, discuss how many slots should be used in them. I personally like the idea since most of the time the character nominated fo each franchise is the protagonist and I feel that some of them overlap between each other having similar designs/powers/personalities and the second reps could be an answer for it but at the same time I also think that there it shouldnt be too much of them (particulary a maximum of one additional rep per series, a rule that could be erased with the DLCs but that it would be mantained for the base game) and it looks that a majory of opinions are more or less like that.

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
That's what I had in mind, but we would still need to have a job with slightly more in-deep discussion about how this thing would play.
As far as how this hypothetical game would play, given the title I imagine it would be somewhat like Dragon Ball FighterZ, but each character would have unique quirks based on their anime of origin (going back to my point about Jotaro's HFTF moveset) that would allow them to stand out from each other.

Last edited:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Boss - Boros (One Punch Man)

Collectables - Cover Art Library
Meant to sort of mimic trying to fill a shelf with all volumes of an anime or manga but in this case with individual character art on cover & spine for the Anime FighterZ series.

I like the idea of saying no to secondary reps for now but re-evaluating it once we get around our halfway point.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, I posted a poll above the thread for decide the management of the second reps. The options are:
  • Allow them: Second reps can be submitted at any moment.
  • Allow them but only as DLCs: Second reps would only be considered in the DLC period.
  • Allow them but only a few: Have a selected amount of second reps for the base game, when this slots get full there it wouldnt be allowed more until DLC (and probably with also an amount restriction).
  • Allow them but only in specific jobs: Have jobs dedicate to the second reps but dont allow them in other.
  • Dont allow them: There it wouldnt be second reps at all.
I also want to mention that I will be outside my house tomorrow so there is a slight chance that the job period would be extended until the next day. Thought most likely I will do the posts in my phone.

Remind submit your bosses!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

s156205246995855759_p4513_i2_w600.jpeg

Gashapon Figures

A popular way of collecting small figures and other tickets in Japan. A lot of these machines are tied into popular franchises. I'm thinking there would be an in game machine, and completing battles and such in game would reward coins / tokens that could be put into the machine to get a figure from a featured franchise. There wold be figures of our cast The, bosses, and other characters from the franchises. The themeing of the machine would rotate and even the little ball they come in could be themed. There would be no real world money transactions involved.

I may submit a boss soon

Last edited by a moderator:

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Job #10: Charlotte (Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
Anime Debut: "I'm Not Afraid of Anything Anymore" (January 20th, 2011)

Charlotte is one the witches from the mind screwy magical girl anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica, She is a witch who loves sweets and also loves creating infinite amounts of any dessert (except her favorite, cheese.), In her debut episode, Mami tries to fight off her, but Charlotte transforms into her caterpillar form, decapitating her. Causing Homura to step in and defeat Charlotte by herself. Her boss moveset will contain her using her minions to attack, after you defeat her minions, she begins to use dessert-themed attacks. Once you send her health halfway down, her final boss phase begins, as she'll begin to transform into her caterpillar form, slithering around the arena and trying to chomp you.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
Job #10: New Boss Character - Pluto

Pluto (also known as Bruton in the 1980 anime's English dub) is the central antagonist of the Astro Boy manga's iconic "The Greatest Robot in the World" story arc, which originally ran in Kodansha's Shonen magazine on March 1964, was adapted throughout all three anime shows and re-imagined in an eponymous manga written & illustrated by Naoki Urasawa (in which he was originally Sahad, a peaceful Persian robot who was reprogrammed into an instrument of destruction) from September 5th, 2003 to April 4th, 2009, where a German robot detective/inspector Gesicht (who has a bigger role here, just in case for future fighter jobs) attempts to investigate the case regarding a string of robot and human (who are connected to preserving the International Robot Laws which grant them equal rights) deaths around the world, caused by Pluto's horns while he targets all seven of the great robots of the world.

In Osamu Tezuka's original manga story, a disgraced corrupt sultan Chochi Chochi Ababa the Third (Dr. Tenma's robot assistant Shadow to help Atom evolve in the 2003 anime) commissioned the creation of Pluto to make him "the strongest robot in the world" and conquer it by killing all his competitors who he all destroyed with ease, except his final target, the mighty Atom/Astro Boy himself (who Tenma upgraded with million horsepower to stand a chance against Pluto after their earlier encounter), developing a soft spot on his sister Uran who he kidnapped to lure him at first and befriended him, because of his noble warrior's heart despite his master's evil intents before ultimately sacrificing himself to save both siblings from being killed by Bora (Acheron in the 2003 anime), who was much stronger than him (who Atom managed to destroy from the inside later, impressively enough).

In Anime FighterZ, Pluto is a quite huge (probably the same size as future giant characters, whose idea originated from Gold Lightan and PTX-40A in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars), powerful and durable boss character similarly to Abyss in Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes, Tekken 6's sub-boss NANCY-MI847J and Galleom from the Super Smash Bros. series since his debut in Brawl, who is armed with a whole variety of his own moves, coming from both the manga, anime adaptations and a underrated Game Boy Advance video game developed by Treasure Co. Ltd (known for many titles such as Gunstar/Guardian Heroes & Alien Soldier on SEGA's consoles and Mischief Makers and Sin & Punishment on Nintendo 64), Astro Boy: Omega Factor.

Besides doing strong punches, jumping into the air before stomping down on the player (akin to Goro's ground pound attack, except that it is more predictable) and quickly spinning around like a whirlpool to either float or pull them in towards him (former's potentially for latter's air version), Pluto can also use his horns to lift and then slam them hard onto the ground, rush forward shoulder-first while impaling them towards the wall (like Rugal Bernstein's God Press and Abyss' Charging Headcrush in MvC2 combined to one) or shoot different kinds of beams such as electricity (even as an anti-air attack), slow/purple and quick/orange that leave a exploding trail on the ground. He can also fire out homing missiles from his back, summon a electromagnetic shield around himself and shock the player by grabbing them with one hand before throwing them forward away.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright Alright, I feel sorry but there it was some traffic and in the end I came way later than I expected, but I'm back so let's start!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE BOSSES!
As usual vote for your top 3!
My votes are:
  1. Pluto​
  2. Charlotte​
  3. Garou​

Now for the collectables I want to ask, technically all the ideas could coexist together (You could get the chibi figures, the action figures (probably only for the playable characters) and the panels/frames/fullarts in Gachapon machines). But I would want to ask if people are fine with it, if not and would prefer focus in only one collectable then let me know and we can do votations.

Also, in the end the winner option about the second reps is leave them for exclusive jobs, so expect future jobs about it, I wouldn't say how many of them would be but I want to mantain the number of double dips small. Maybe this format would change with DLCs thought.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
The votations for genre are over and the winner is...
MECHAS
By a wide margin, the next character job would be about the mecha genre! Thought first for all I want to say that the job wouldn't start until tomorrow since I think it would be better have a little more of space between each character job and my trip messed a little the schedule. Secondly if your favorite genre didnt win don't worry since most likely there it would be jobs about all those genres and more, also don't only expect them since there it would also be more jobs ahead with themes like the decade they released, the magazine where they are publiqued, if they are anime originals, mangas without adaptation yet, obscure series, etc etc etc. I just wanted to do this poll to have an idea about how I should manage the schedule!

But now, going back to the jobs of this day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JOB #12 - SUBMIT A STAGE FROM A FRANCHISE WITH A CHARACTER IN THE ROSTER!
Sorry for the long title but I really didn't know how to short it. For the moment the only characters with a stage for them are Goku and Lupin (even if his stage came before him) so we are leading this time to add stages for the other characters who are already! This means that the avalaible options are:
  • Naruto​
  • Astro Boy​
  • Sailor Moon​
  • One Piece​
  • Jojo's Bizarre Adventures​
  • Doraemon​
  • Devilman​
JOB #13 - HOW THIS GAME WOULD PLAY?
Since people is interesed in the moveset making, this time we will have a job about how would be the mechanics, you don't need to specify ALL things but it would require to have some sort of template for take it has a guide when people do their own movesets. Now after this there it wouldn't be more movesets jobs and everyone would be free to do them whenever they want!

Last edited:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
  1. Charlotte
  2. DIO
  3. Garou
Job #12: Cairo Bridge (Stardust Crusaders)

Job #13: I imagine the game would play like Dragon Ball FighterZ, but with fighter-specific mechanics based on their anime of origin (Goku would use the Dragon Balls to revive a fallen ally once per match, Jotaro would have a Stand gauge ripped straight out of Heritage for the Future, etc.).

Last edited:

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
1. Kaidou
2. DIO
3. Griffith

Job #12: The Thousand Sunny (One Piece)
Manga Debut: "Chapter 436: Pants From Frankyhouse" (December 4th, 2006)
Anime Debut: "The King of Beasts That Will Cross the Ocean! The Dream Ship's Magnificent Completion!" (August 26th, 2007)

The Thousand Sunny is the current ship of The Straw Hat Pirates, built by Franky with the help of Yokozuna, Iceberg, and The Galley-La foremen, it's an incredible ship featuring lots of rooms and features. The stage layout could be at the main floor of The Sunny itself, where the match might take place. As the match happens, you see cameos from The Straw Hat Pirates, cheering the fighters on.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. Dodongadon & Moamangadon
2. Pluto
3. Griffith

Job #12: New Stage from the Existing Series - Metro City (Astro Boy)

• Manga Debut: Atom's Birth (Tentou Mushi Comics Special - Akira Himekawa's adaptation; July 2003)
  • Anime Debut: Power Up! (Episode 1; April 6th, 2003)
While in the original manga and 1963/1980 anime adaptations, Astro Boy's adventures mostly reside at Japan, this stage is particularly based on the 2003 anime series where a futuristic metropolis is named, well... Metro City (like in a 2009 CGI film, but that's not the case here), and I personally knew about Astro Boy the first time after having seen that series' trailer in my old Spider-Man 2 DVD copy (besides a fact the franchise inspired Mega Man, among my most favorite video game series), so I chose this incarnation. Like damn, that top-grade aesthetic right here is so spot-on.

The stage takes place in a vast futuristic city with skyscrapers, buildings like the Ministry of Science, floating hover vehicles, Metro City Police's cars/helicopters that resemble dogs and streets where some humans & robots who live in peace together are seen walking and standing on as they watch the fight and cheering on, besides cameos which include Professor Ochanomizu, his assistant Yuko Kisaragi & her robot ostrich Momo, Reno, Atom's little sister Uran, Robita/Nora (Ochanomizu's housekeeper and originally appeared in Tezuka's Phoenix manga), a detective Higeoyaji (also known as Shunsaku Ban), Inspector Tawashi, Atom's classmates (Kenichi, Shibugaki & Tamao) and major-role robots like Epsilon (close friend), Delta (a policeman) and Robotonia's ruler Blue Knight.

Even villains can be spotten like Hamegg, Acetylene Lamp, Duke Red, a mob leader Skunk Kusai, Atom's rival Atlas, Doctor Tenma (Atom's creator and original father) and a robotic scientist Shadow, the two latter have caused many conflicts to get the former's son back in this specific anime show, alongside a reoccuring Star System character Rock Holmes, which speaking of...

Outside Astro Boy's own series, we will also represent Tezuka's other science-fiction creation Metropolis, through it's female protagonist Michi/Tima who accompanied Kenichi and Higeoyaji in both 1949's manga and 2001's anime film written by Akira's creator Katsuhiro Otomo & directed by the legendary Rintaro. Osamu Tezuka, who's avatar often shows up directly in his multiple mangas, will also make a special cameo himself besides a counterpart who he created: Jetter Mars (who may likely end up as basis for one of Atom's alternate costumes) who can be seen flying through the sky through a scarf/cape and his sister Miri from the former's series.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

1. Pluto
2. Dio
3. Dodongadon

I love Beserk and think Griffith is one of the greatest villains in all of fiction. But consdering what his actions are I don't know if im super comfortable with him as a fighting game boss. Probably will vote for Guts if he gets nominated for a playable rep though.

Moon_Kingdom.jpg

Moon Kingdom
The home of Princess Serenity, the orignal form of Sailor Moon. The stage would take place in front of the Palace and would have fireworks and a cosmic background. The other Salor Socuts would cameo.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Justoneguyhere1999

Smash Journeyman
It's understandable since Berserk is def not for the faint of heart in general. But I hope it has a rep here.

Also forgot this.

Hidden Leaf Village
The home village of Naruto and his many friends. The stage may take place on a rooftop of a building to mostly see the wonderful view of its many buildings and people. Other known Naruto characters will make cameo here and there.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Definitively would like to see something of Berserk here even if I understand the thoughts about it.

My stage submission is Dio's Castle from JJBA: Phantom Blood!
I would like to extend myself in my gameplay submission so I will post it in another post, after I finish it the votations would start!

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Anime FighterZ Gameplay
I wouldn't explain 100% all the mechanics since most of that would be pointless, there is no needing for say that if this game has Okizemes, Snapbacks, DHC, etc etc etc. So I will try to resume the basis and then going with the moveset layout.

This game takes 3 fighting games has their gameplay core, first for all Dragon Ball FighterZ that it's like the 40% of all things, basically counts with all the movement options thought the air mobility is considerable reduced since well, not all characters can fly (they shouldn't be able to even do something like a double jump true but evem the weirdness has limits), it would also have the meter charge that I honestly would like to be like Darkstalkers 3 (so I should include has the 4th fighting game here?) where you can stack like 99 gauges if you want but that's a little too extreme so let's just end it with the basic 5. Secondly we have Guilty Gear that is mostly for flavor and for the Burst since something that DBFZ lacks are more defensive options. And finally you have BlazBlue where the thing we grab from here is the button layout with a light attack, a medium attack, a heavy attack and a special attack attached to any sort of gimmick, this could work in any class of ways for example this could be used in Jotaro for allow him to summon Star Platinum and realize attacks like a puppet character, Luffy could use it to enhance himself with Haki gaining armor in his attacks and even characters without any class of supernatural powers like Lupin could make a fun use of it like, idk maybe summon his friends for help!

So in other words, superflashy 3v3 fighting game where all characters have unique abilities with a button that let will call it S of Special since creativity is not my strong point. You can tag your partners to either do assist moves, tag supers or for change them either in neutral or mid combo like in MvC or the proper DBFZ.

Or in even shorter words. DBFZ mets BlazBlue with a Mugen roster.

And with that the moveset layout would be like this!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AWESOME DUDE MOVESET
Special Skill: Awesome McCool Thing
Here do you explain what the skill do, has I said it can be almost anything, it could be just a glorified special move, a stance change, a charge, a power-up, whatever. You can also add pasive abilities of the character that aren't necessarily related but that are usually there for give them more tools or just for do references like for example maybe that Luffy would be weaker against water related attacks due his devil fruit.

MOVECOMMANDDESCRIPTION
Super Duper Fireball​
236 + X (I use the regular notation for anime fighting games since I think is fitting, but if you want to put QCF + X, Quarter Circle Forward then X, d,df,f + X or whatever other notation exist is fine)​
The super duper fireball can destroy anything at his path.
Assist Move 1: Super Duper Assistball
Assist Move Option 1 (This Assist Move thing is optional, but considering the nature of the game idk maybe some people would like to get creative here adding unique moves for the character instead of only reuse a regular move, like most games I think that 3 assist moves are fine)​
Awesome Dude appears a does an assist version of the Super Duper Fireball destroying his enemies.
Level 1 Super: Mega Super Duper Fireball
236 + XX (I think the simpler commands for supers of MvC and DBFZ are the best for this game that it already requires hands so overcomplicate the moves wouldn't make it better)​
The Mega Super Duper Fireball is a stronger version of the super duper fireball and can destroy you in frame 1.
Level 3 Super: Ultra Hyper Omega Fireball Plus R
All Four Buttons Pressed (Dragged from Infinite Crisis, where I also did the moveset layout so you can see them both being very similar, I think this is the best way to have those impractical but awesome supers that don't really require to be cinematic....but I know everyone would end doing it like that anyway)​
The Ultra Hyper Omega Fireball Plus R uninstalls your game the moment is launched.

You don't need to do it with the exact format with a table or something like that, just remind to have a specia skill, special moves and supers.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
HERE IT COMES A MIGHTY WARRIOR!
1670353762240.png

Pluto
is the First Boss in the game!
  • Pluto: 18​
  • DIO: 16​
  • Charlotte: 10​
  • Boros: 5​
  • Garou: 4​
  • Dodongadon and Mamagandon: 4​
  • Kaidou: 4​
  • Grifith: 3​
If your favorite boss didn't won, don't worry! The reason why I only selected one winner is because that I was thinking to have 5 Bosses in the game, and with them other four boss jobs in the future so stay perky to them!

In other news, nobody was against my idea of merge all collectables so I think is approved! At the same time the two gameplay suggestions are pretty similar (I already agreed with Perkilator about each character having unique abilities) so unless Perkilator or anyone has doubts about it I think we can go with it!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Now for stages, something that I will only do once, but this time I will accept all the stages with the exception of two, these two being Cairo Bride and DIO's Castle since there is an overlap between both series. I want to do this mostly since I aren't too much found in leave most of the roster without any stage of their series and this is a quick way to do it (apart that all stages selections are wonderful!) so the only votations are between these two abd it would be held in Strawpoll so go and vote here!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JOB #14 - SUBMIT A CHARACTER FROM A MECHA SERIES!
Fitting for our first boss, this time we are looking for characters from any Mecha franchise! Between them there are some of the more well knowed series in the whole industry like Gundam, Mazinger Z, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Code Geass and other less knowed but equally important like Symphogear (correctly if I'm wrong but this was first a TV series right?), Beast King Go-Lion (that it would be later have the Power Rangers treatment being adapted in Voltron), Full Metal Panic, Promare, etc etc etc. You can submit either any of the human (or non-human) characters or even instead submit one of the popular mechs depending of what you find convenient!

JOB #15 - SUBMIT THE FIRST COLLECTABLES!
One of our collectables are the panels/frames that you can find in manga, this job also accepts full pages and covers by the way is just that I didn't found a way to name it, the other are the nendoroid-like figurines, you can submit up to 5 of any of them!

I'm sorry if the last two days are quite messy I'm just trying to coming back to a more regular schedule. The next days would have a better order.

Last edited:
1. Vegeta
2. Nami
3. Arale (Dragon Ball)
4. Sakura (Naruto)
5. Joseph Joestar

Job 14:
Rei Ayanami
1670356593446.png
One of popular protagonists from the series and she is the first child who pilots the mech called EVA unit-00. She had very mysterious past and she suffered from major injury or illness. When the series was progressing, her personality changed from mysterious to more open-type person.

She would be an obvious choice for a NGE rep in the game, considering that she is one of known anime/manga characters in pop culture alongside Goku, Sailor moon and Astro boy. Her super move would involve her EVA mecha and she would attack opponents with it.

Top Bottom