• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anime FighterZ: An Anime & Manga Fighting Game!

Should we allow additional reps for a same series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion

The Anime and Manga are one of the most profitable and well knowed parts of the entertainment industry, and of that chunk probably most of the popular franchises are about fighting so why not make a game where all these guys fights against each other? It was done before yeah....but we don't talk about it. Also this time we aren't limited to a particular magazine nor to a genre or demography, there is also place to other type of series like slice of lifes, sports, majou shoujo, whatever do you think it could work here!

Of course we need a start point, so I decided to go with 4 characters, 2 of them are from the Shonen Jump while the other two aren't but all four are between the most well knowed characters in the medium so here we go!

GOKU
NARUTO
ASTRO BOY
SAILOR MOON

This four classic characters would be our additions by default, I think that there is no needing for explanations of why Goku should be here, while at the same time Naruto is for people of the 2000's what Goku was for people in the 80-90's, Astro Boy is the legacy of Osamu Tezuka who is the main pioneer in the industry and Sailor Moon is the main reference to the unbelievable big genre of Mahou Shoujo!

In the next post there it would be further information about the first job

ROSTER (33/50)
SON GOKU
Franchise:
Dragon Ball (1984)
Added by Default
Movesets:
Infinity Sorcerer
Perkilator
NARUTO
Franchise:
Naruto (1999)
Added by Default
ASTRO BOY
Franchise:
Tetsuwan-Atomu (1952)
Added by Default
Movesets:
Tonygamerman
SAILOR MOON
Franchise:
Sailor Moon(1991)
Added by Default
MONKEY D. LUFFY
Franchise:
One Piece (1997)
Nominated by:
cashregister9 cashregister9
Movesets:
Infinity Sorcerer
JOTARO KUJO
Franchise:
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure:
Stardust Crusaders (1989)

Nominated by:
DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26
Movesets:
Perkilator
Infinity Sorcerer
DORAEMON
Franchise:
Doraemon (1969)
Nominated by:
Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds
ARSÉNE LUPIN III
Franchise:
Rupan Sansei (1967)
Nominated by: tonygameman tonygameman
Movesets:
Perkilator
DEVILMAN
Franchise:
Devilman (1972)
Nominated by: nirvanafan nirvanafan
MAZINGER Z
Franchise:
Mazinger Z (1972)
Nominated by:
tonygameman tonygameman
Movesets:
Infinity Sorcerer
CHAR AZNABLE
Franchise:
Mobile Suit Gundam (1979)
Nominated by:
GUTS
Franchise:
Berserk (1989)
Nominated by:
OrpheusTelos OrpheusTelos
KENSHIRO
Franchise:
Hokuto no Ken (1984)
Nominated by:
Owen23 Owen23
Movesets:
Infinity Sorcerer
RANMA SAOTOME
Franchise:
Ranma ½ (1987)
Nominated by:
Perkilator Perkilator
RYUKO MATOI
Franchise:
Kill la Kill (2013)
Nominated by:
Movesets:
Infinity Sorcerer
ATSUKO KAGARI
Franchise:
Little Witch Academia (2013)
Nominated by:
Owen23 Owen23
PANTY & STOCKING
Franchise:
Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt (2010)
Nominated by:
TETSUO SHIMA
Franchise:
AKIRA (1982)
Nominated by:
tonygameman tonygameman
LELOUCH LAMPEROUGE
Franchise:
Code Geass (2008)
Nominated by:
D darkvortex
EREN JAEGER
Franchise:
Attack of Titans (2009)
Nominated by:
NanayaGaming NanayaGaming
VEGETA
Franchise:​
Dragon Ball (1988)
Nominated by:
Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
Movesets:
Perkilator
RORONOA ZORO
Franchise:​
One Piece (1997)
Nominated by:
nirvanafan nirvanafan
MADOKA KANAME
Franchise:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (2011)
Nominated by:
Owen23 Owen23
LUM THE INVADER
Franchise:
Urusei Yatsura (1978)
Nominated by:
tonygameman tonygameman
HONEY KISARAGI
Franchise:
Cutie Honey (1973)
Nominated by:
Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer
Movesets:
Infinity Sorcerer
POPUKO & PIPIMI
Franchise:
Pop Team Epic (2014)
Nominated by:
@GaminGryff​
YOTSUBA
Franchise:
Yotsuba&! (2003)
Nominated by:
Soy_Man Soy_Man
VASH THE STAMPEDE
Franchise:
Trigun (1995)
Nominated by:
Soy_Man Soy_Man
INUYASHA
Franchise:
Inuyasha (1996)
Nominated by:
D darkvortex
SPIKE SPIEGEL
Franchise:
Cowboy Bebop (1998)
Nominated by:
ICHIGO KUROSAKI
Franchise:
Bleach (2001)
Nominated by:
D darkvortex
TANJIRO KAMADO
Franchise:
Demon Slayer (2016)
Nominated by:
LIGHT YAGAMI
Franchise:
Death Note (2003)
Nominated by:
nirvanafan nirvanafan
BOSSES (3/5)
PLUTO
Franchise:
Tetsuwan-Atomu (1964)
Nominated by:
tonygameman tonygameman
FRIEZA
Franchise:
Dragon Ball (1989)
Nominated by:
Justoneguyhere1999 Justoneguyhere1999
CHARLOTTE
Franchise:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica (2011)
Nominated by:
Perkilator Perkilator
WHO'S NEXT?
WHO'S NEXT?
STAGES (26/50)
SHIBUYA
(Japan)
PLANET NAMEK
(Dragon Ball)
KONOHAGAKURE
(Naruto)
METRO CITY
(Astro Boy)
MOON KINGDOM
(Sailor Moon)
THOUSAND SUNNY
(One Piece)
DIO'S CASTLE
(JJBA: Stardust Crusaders)
CASTLE OF CAGLIOSTRO
(Lupin the 3rd)
SPACE COLONY
(Mobile Suit Gundam)
WORLD OF C
(Code Geass)

SPACE LAND
(Cowboy Bebop)
BATH HOUSE
(Spirited Away)
CATBUS
(My Neightbor Totoro)
(Galaxy Express 999)
Neo-Tokyo
(AKIRA)
HONNOJI ACADEMY
(Kill la Kill)
LUNA NOVA
MAGICAL ACADEMY

(Little Witch Academia)
WORLD MARTIAL ARTS
TOURNAMENT

(Dragon Ball)
FOOSHA VILLAGE
(One Piece)
WITCHES LABRYRINTH
(Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
POLICE STATION
(KochiKame)
THE WASTELANDS
(Hokuto no Ken)
SHINGASHINA DISTRICT
(Attack on Titans)
DATEN CITY
(Panty & Stocking)
THE SCRAPYARD
(GUNNM)
HUECO MUNDO
(Bleach)
GAMEPLAY DETAILS
This is a Tag Team 2.5D fighting game in the same veins as Marvel vs. Capcom and Dragon Ball FighterZ with teams of 3 characters!
VS Mode
Of course this is a must. The mode where you fight against either the CPU or another player in quick matches!
Arcade Mode
Credits to Perkilator Perkilator
  • Bosses
    • Four of the five bosses will be pulled from other anime and manga, while the final boss is an OC villain
  • Arcade Mode
    • Arcade Nide would have 6 stages before the bosses, with a bonus game after every three stages
    • At Stage 7, you would face on of the four normal bosses
    • At Stage 8, you face the final boss
    • You can choose which group of characters to fight next in a series of branching paths (three available choices each)
Stage 1Stage 2Stage 3Bonus 1Stage 4Stage 5Stage 6Bonus 2Stage 7Final Stage
Stage 3
BREAK​
Stage 4Stage 5Stage 6Stage 7
Stage 2Stage 3Stage 4Stage 5Stage 6
FIGHTERZ​
Stage 7
Stage 1Stage 2Stage 3
THE​
Stage 4Stage 5Stage 6Final Stage
Stage 2Stage 3Stage 4Stage 5Stage 6
BALL​
Stage 7
Stage 3
STATUE​
Stage 4Stage 5STage 6Stage 7
OVER 9000!?!?!?
A Extreme mode where the power of all characters surpass the limits, they are faster, stronger, with an increased hitstun, decrease in the startup and endlag and the power meter recharges automatically in a dangerous short time. Can you mastery this mode?
Boss Rush
Defeat the strongest enemies one by one in the final battle!
STORY MODE
What is the story behind this game? You will know in the next episode of Anime FighterZ! (or in other words, TBA).
Break the Statue
Test your might breaking a serie of statues in the minor time possible!
FighterZ Ball
Use your attacks to score points! You can even unlock alternative designs for the balls!
Gachapon
Is this your lucky day? Then try to use some of the in-game currency and see what the Gacha gives to you! Between the unlockables are small figurines of characters, manga frames and covers, music from the series, special things for your online lobby between many others!
Would organizate the list later

Vegeta
Dragon Ball
Nami
One Piece
Sakura
Naruto
Joseph (Young)
JJBA: Battle Tendecy
Joseph (Old)
JJBA: Stardust Crusaders
Arale
Doctor Slump
Sailor Venus
Sailor Moon
Uran
Astro Boy
Goemon
Lupin the 3rd
Nobita
Doraemon
Miki (Original)
Devilman
Miki (Crybaby)
Devilman: Crybaby
Sanji
One Piece
Sasuke Uchiha
Naruto
Dio Brando
JJBA: Phantom Blood
DIO
JJBA: Stardust Crusaders
Frieza
Dragon Ball
Pluto
Astroboy
Gundam RX-78-2
Mobile Suit Gundam
Kamille Bidan
Zeta Gundam
Heeroh Yuy
Gundam Wing
Shinji Ikari
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Kaworu Nagisa
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Inspector Zenigata
Lupin the 3rd
Pegasus Seiya
Saint Seiya
Totoro
My Neighbor Totoro
Lum Invader
Urusei Yatsura
Ryo Saeba
City Hunter
Bulma
Dragon Ball
Shoutarou Kaneda
AKIRA
Tsubasa Ozora
Captain Tsubasa
Sherlock Hound
Priscilla Asagiri
Bubblegum Crisis
Sailor Mars
Sailor Moon
Ryo Asuka
Devilman
Aphrodite A
Mazinger Z
Kaioh
Hokuto no Ken
Casca
Berserk
Raoh
Hokuto no Ken
Giorno Giovanna
JJBA: Vento Aureo
Griffith
Berserk
Akane Tendo
Ranma ½
Sailor Neptune
Sailor Moon
Ippo Makunouchi
Hajime no Ippo
Inferno Cop
Mako Mankanshou
Kill la Kill
Sasuki Kiryuin
Kill la Kill
Uzu Sanageyama
Kill la Kill
Sucy Manbavaran
Little Witch Academia
Lotte Yanson
Little Witch Academia
Shiny Chariot
Little Witch Academia
Shirou Oogami
BNA: Brand New Animal
Nazuna Hiwatashi
BNA: Brand New Animal
AΩ Nova
Space Patrol Luluco
Midori
Space Patrol Luluco
Lalaco Godspeed
Space Patrol Luluco
C.C.
Code Geass
Jolyne Kujo
JJBA: Stone Ocean
Homura Akemi
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Mami Tomoe
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Sailor Mercury
Sailor Moon
Mamoru Chiba
Sailor Moon
Queen Beryl
Sailor Moon
Sakura Kinomoto
Cardcaptor Sakura
Ichigo Momomiya
Tokyo Mew Mew
Nanoha Takamichi
Magic Girl Lyrical Nanoha
Levi
Shingeki no Kyoji
Mikasa Ackerman
Shingeki no Kyoji
Sister Jill
Cutie Honey
Boss Borot
Mazinger Z
Domon Kasshu
G Gundam
Raideen
Brave Raideen
TBA​
TBA​
TBA​
TBA​
TBA​

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
JOB #1 - SUBMIT A CHARACTER!
We will add more characters apart of the starting 4, it can be from any anime or manga with the exception of adaptations from other media (so, at least from the moment, not Pokémon, not Cyberpunk Edgerunners or Digimon, etc).

JOB #2 - HOW MANY CHARACTERS WOULD WE HAVE?
This is the type of threads that haves a ton of possibilities for characters, so most likely we will have a big number of slots but how many? 30? 40? 50? 60? More than that???

JOB #3 - SUGGEST THE GAME STYLE!
With this I'm asking for what type of fighting game would be this, Platform Fighter?, Arena Fighter?, 3v3?. amything goes!

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Job #1: A character from Pretty Cure
73CD23DE-A784-4041-9897-724F4E86A9F4.jpeg

Pretty Cure is a magical girl franchise that began in 2004. The point of it was to be different from every other magical girl anime at the time, and it's been going strong ever since. Only question is…which character do we use from it? That’s why I wanted to submit just a character prompt to see if we could do a “Pretty Cure character” job later.

Job #2: How many characters?
I think around 30 for the base roster sounds good.

Job #3: Gameplay style?
Definitely 3v3 for sure.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
JOB 1: A My Hero Academia character

Was doing a Katsugi Bakugou writeup before Perkilator submitted and gave me this idea.
Yeah! Lots of cool and interesting picks, both in characterization and moveset potential. We could have the glass-canon protagonist, Izuku Midorya; the explosive (in more than one way!) rival, Katsugi Bakugou; the fire-and-ice powered prodigy, Shoto Todoroki; the canonically-unmatched spoof of Western superheroes, All Might; and any number of other fantastic choices!

JOB 2: 50
No particular reason. I just think this is a good amount for what we're going for. So technically 46 left, counting who we have now. I'd like to cross off different genres (so not just sticking to action anime) and have enough room for multiple reps per certain series.

JOB 3: Arena Fighter
Not enough SmashBoards Creates threads go for this, but I think it could be fun! Plus it's what the majority of anime fighting games go for, so finding inspiration for movesets would be a bit easier.

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 1:Jotaro Kujo (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)

Jotaro is the protagonist from Part 3: Stardust Crusaders and he appears in parts 4-6,he is a student that have a stand called Star Platinum.

Job 2:56 Characters

Job 3:a 3vs3 fighting game,on same style of The King of Fighters games,Dragon Ball FighterZ and Marvel Vs. Capcom games

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
Job 1 - Ken Kaneki (Tokyo Ghoul)

Job 2 - Indecisive on 30 or 50 so will go right between with 40.

Job 3 - Maybe something like Pokken with shifting between field & duel phases could be interesting.

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
Job 1 - Spike Spiegel (Cowboy Bebop)
Character Debut: Asteroid Blues (April 3, 1998)

1669779679426.png

Spike Spiegel is the main protagonist of Cowboy Bebop, one of the most popular sci-fi anime. He is the bounty-hunter of the Bebop Crew who is easy-going and skilled. With his gun and his bounty-hunting skills, he is sure to blow this scene and jam into this game! After all, whatever happens, happens.

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
I submit Denjin from Chainsaw Man, he would be very fun with some sort of mechanic about constantly draining your health but being able to recover it attacking the opponents and using their blood as fuel.

Job 1:
Doraemon is an eponymous protagonist of self-titled manga/anime series Doraemon and he is a blue-white robot cat who was sent back from 22nd century to modern times where he has to take care of Nobita (an unlucky boy).
He is one of Japanese manga/anime icons and his deserves to be in the manganime crossover roster.

For his moveset, he could use his weapons to attack the opponents like punches, kicks, his gadgets for example.
He could even grow high like Jigglypuff as his final smash-type move.

I feel that Doraemon would make sense in this fighting game, considering that many manga/anime fans can recognize him easily.

Job 2:
I think we could go by 40. We have a lot of manga/anime IPs to choose for our representation, but we should wait for DLC to get fighters from new series. Plus some of manga/anime franchises could be also repped by stage or Assist trophy-type character.
Also I agree with nirvanafan nirvanafan about the number.

Job 3:
A 2.5D 1v1 fighting game like Street Fighter game or Injustice game.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright, I'm going to submit Ryuuko Matoi from Kill la Kill! She is the daughter of a cientific that was killed just before she was going to visit him, now she use the half of the Scissor Blade that the killer left and Senketsu, an invention of her father made of living fibers that increase her power.

For a roster size, I was thinking on 40 characters, and for the gameplay style I'm into a chaotic 3v3 in the veins of Marvel vs Capcom and Dragon Ball FighterZ! Thought at the same time I was thinking on something more similar to Guilty Gear, not only aesthetic wise but also with only using 4 buttons and the gatling combos that makes everything super flashy!

We will start voting at the end of the day.

D

Deleted member

01._RX-78-2_Gundam.jpg

Gundam

Specificly the RX-78-2 Gundam, as polited by Amuro Ray. Gundam is an iconic, popular, influential anime franchise and a forefather for the mech genre. It would use its large array of weapons. Would probably be the biggest (size) character in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

FazDude

Smash Master
I'm really not an anime guy, so this'll probably be one of my few contributions to the thread, but there's one character who I'm honestly surprised hasn't shown up in discussion and could prove to be an interesting fighter.

Saitama (One-Punch Man)

Just a guy who's a hero for fun, Saitama is one of the strongest characters in his universe - So much so, that superheroics have gotten kinda boring for him. However, maybe fights against a multiverse of anime legends will remedy that!

If we're going for a 3v3 style here, One-Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows presents an interesting approach to Saitama that I'd like to see replicated here - While he's the strongest character in the game by far, it does take him some time to actually get to the battlefield, leaving the player with only their other two characters until he arrives. This is a really interesting approach, but I'm down with Saitama being a standard glass cannon character as well.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Well well well, we had a lot of interesing characters! that's why I think this time we should have 3 Winners!
Much like in other threads the votations are ranked, select your top 3 and depending of the order is the quantity of votes they get!

For example my own votes:
  1. Luffy (I was between him and Naruto for be the other Jump character added by default)
  2. Saitama
  3. Doraemon (has I said before, this game also has space for non-action oriented series, and Doraemon seems to be a fun pick for that!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
For decide the number of characters in the roster go HERE and for decide the gameplay go HERE

JOB #4 - WE NEED A NAME!
Submit a name for the thread! Throw any idea do you have for it.

JOB #5 - SUBMIT A STAGE!
While the decision for the type of gameplay the game would be counterproductive for it, I think it's OK to submit a stage, if the gameplay requires it we would make a job for give the stage a more proper definition! It could be from any franchise not necessary need to be from Dragon Ball, Naruto, Sailor Moon or Astro Boy.

JOB #6 - AND HOW MANY STAGES?
How many stages should we have in the base roster? This again could be something that if required can be changed in the case is necessary but for the moment give a number freely!

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
Well well well, we had a lot of interesing characters! that's why I think this time we should have 3 Winners!
Much like in other threads the votations are ranked, select your top 3 and depending of the order is the quantity of votes they get!

For example my own votes:
  1. Luffy (I was between him and Naruto for be the other Jump character added by default)
  2. Saitama
  3. Doraemon (has I said before, this game also has space for non-action oriented series, and Doraemon seems to be a fun pick for that!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
For decide the number of characters in the roster go HERE and for decide the gameplay go HERE

JOB #4 - WE NEED A NAME!
Submit a name for the thread! Throw any idea do you have for it.

JOB #5 - SUBMIT A STAGE!
While the decision for the type of gameplay the game would be counterproductive for it, I think it's OK to submit a stage, if the gameplay requires it we would make a job for give the stage a more proper definition! It could be from any franchise not necessary need to be from Dragon Ball, Naruto, Sailor Moon or Astro Boy.

JOB #6 - AND HOW MANY STAGES?
How many stages should we have in the base roster? This again could be something that if required can be changed in the case is necessary but for the moment give a number freely!
1. Monkey D. Luffy. This feels like a very obvious inclusion. He's the icon of one of the Big Three, has plenty of moveset potential, just... yeah. He's cool.
2. Doraemon. Honestly an iconic pick, and I think he's the perfect general rep for non-action anime if I'm honest!
3. RX-78-2 Gundam. Mecha anime is cool, and Gundam is the perfect rep for that kinda thing. Plus, who doesn't love giant robots?

Honourable mentions to Jotaro, Spike, Ichigo and the MHA Character job, I'm pretty sure we'll get all of these in at some point though. (Even if the MHA character inevitably ends up being Deku.)

Job #04: Tournament Arc: Infinite! Hey, who doesn't love a good tournament arc, right? It's an iconic "trope" of anime and manga, and feels like a fun nod.

Job #05:
Stage Name: Castle of Cagliostro
Stage Origin: Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro (1979)

Though I'm hopeful we'll see Lupin make it into the roster in some way or another, I totally get it if he doesn't make it. Nonetheless, I think the beautiful scenery (and potentially wonderful music!) of Lupin would be a great fit into a game like this. In terms of the stage itself: I picture it'd take place on the outcrop with the castle in the background. If we go with a traditional fighter, it'd also be cool for the Fiat to be parked to one side - maybe even with Jigen and Goemon taking the opportunity to relax inside it. Honestly, this feels like a really cool inclusion to me at least.

Job #06: It's a little difficult to throw a number out given we don't yet have the actual number of characters, so I'll say Roster+15. It gives us space to have each and every character have their own stage, plus allowing us to double up where needed or represent other anime/manga on top of that.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
My own idea for a name would be Showdown of the East! (yes the punctuation is part of the logo), there is no sort of real reasoning apart that when brainstorming ideas I found that name catchy.

For a stage my submission is the Hyperbolic Time Chamber from Dragon Ball, it's a very iconic place in Dragon Ball and it could even work has a training stage! Kami-sama, Dende, Mr. Popo and other fighters who entered in the chamber could appear as cameos as well.

For the stage number, considering the potential number of characters added 40 feels like a well number.

D

Deleted member

1. Luffy (I think we should take a break from Jump characters after this for a bit. But OP is the third big legacy seires there and should be on the roster)
2. Gundam (I understand the arguments about going with a human character (and I think Char would be great) instead but I wanna play as the big robot)
3. Doramon (I think having a funny scrimblo character is a good idea and he's definitely iconic.)

Last edited by a moderator:

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
MHA Character
Kaneki
Saitama

Job 5 - will add later

Job 6 - I say to match the fighter number.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Title:
NANI?!

I mean, if I were a huge anime fan and a new fighting game got announced with Goku, Luffy, Astro Boy and Sailor Moon, that's pretty much how I would react.

Furthermore, I want to have a name that is simple, potentially iconic, and not explicitly anime. Something kinda similar to what Infinity Crisis has.

Stage: Malevolent Shrine (Jujutsu Kaisen)

One of the most powerful Domain Expansions in the series, belonging to Sukuna, a main antagonist. A Domain Expansion is basically an extremely difficult spell to cast where you can create a seperate space (your inner domain) that your opponent is trapped in, plus you're garunteed to hit them every time you launch an attack. They're pretty much perfect for a fighting game stage, though I went with Malevolent Shrine specifically due to its popularity and just how awesome it looks.

If we do ever get Yuji/Sukuna as a fighter and there is concern over his super move/Final Smash not being able to use his Domain Expansion, it should be alright since there's stuff in Smash like Captain Falcon taking opponents to an F-Zero location on Big Blue, or Fox taking opponents to space on a space stage. (That's assuming we don't go a route like MHOJ and have all supers take place in a generic wasteland battlefield type deal)

Since Jujutsu Kaisen is a hugely popular action anime that has yet to recieve any representation at all in videogames (though we are getting a mobile RPG next Spring), I think it should be somewhat prioritized in this game's content.

# of Characters: 40

Last edited:

Owen23

Smash Apprentice
1. Luffy
2. Ryuko Matoi
3. Denji

Job #4: Anime Anarchy

An alliterative appeal title that fits the fighting approach of the game we're going for.

Job #5: Space Land (Cowboy Bebop)
Stage Debut: Pierrot Le Fou (March 13, 1999)

Space Land is an amusement park appearing in the Cowboy Bebop episode "Pierrot Le Fou", It was used by Mad Pierrot for him to get Spike, but instead, got himself crushed in the end of the episode by a parade. I could imagine the stage concept if Spike gets in as a fighter, with the "ADVENTURE" ride being the platform, with various rides in the background. A rollercoaster will pop out sometimes as a stage hazard, ramming fighters if they don't miss. Mad Pierrot will also make a cameo in the stage, doing flashy poses as the match goes on.

Job #6: 60 stages.
It will bring a big variety of stages from anime old & new, popular & obscure, and more.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
HERE IT COMES NEW CHALLENGERS!

The winners of this round are Monkey D. Luffy, Jotaro Kujo and Doraemon!
  1. Luffy: 20​
  2. Jotaro: 16​
  3. Doraemon: 14​
  4. Saitama: 6​
  5. Spike: 6​
  6. Pretty Cure Rep: 5​
  7. Ryuko: 4​
  8. Denji: 3​
  9. Ichigo: 3​
  10. RX-78-2: 3​
  11. Kaneki: 2​
  12. MHA Rep: 2​

Apart of them, we will have 50 Characters and would use the Traditional 3v3 style like Dragon Ball FighterZ and similar games!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Now it's time to vote for the firsts stages, here it are the selections, remind to vote for your top 3! (with your only being 2nd place or below)
For the votations about the number of stages and the name of the thread, please go HERE and HERE respectively.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
Today there it would be only one job, but we will also have our first discussion!

JOB #7 - SUBMIT A CHARACTER FROM THE 60s AND 70s!
Just to clarify, I'm refering to submit a character originated between the years of 1960 and 1979 either from manga or anime. It's OK if the manga or anime is still on air but the character must be created back at that time.

DISCUSSION #1 - WHAT JOBS DO YOU EXPECT FOR THIS THREAD?
This is some sort of pseudosubmission, talk about what class of content you think we should make jobs about here! Either themes for the next character or stage jobs or another type of content that you think we should cover like bosses, story, gameplay, etc.

Last edited:
1. Planet Namek
2. Spaceland
3. Konohagakure
Job 7:
8th Man
1669907507074.png
8th Man is an eponymous protagonist of self titled manga series "8 Man" made by Jiro Kuwata.
8th Man was used to be detective named Yokoda, whi was murdered by criminals.
However, professor Tani tries to transfer his body into an android body, but it failed 7 times until he managed to put Yokoda's body into android.
When Yokoda woke up as 8th man who has an ability to shape shift and run at impossible speeds (making him the fastest character of the game).

His moveset would definitely consist of his abilities such as fast running or shapeshifting.
Heck, he could even punch or kick like always fighters do.
He also has superstrengh, making his throws and attacks very strong in terms of his powers.

I know he's an oddball pick, but he would make sense in fighting game since his manga predates Kamen Rider in terms of japanese cyborg superhero genre and he would be a deep cut for the game.
Maybe he is niche character, but still possibly influenced many sci-fi manga franchises to this day.
(I know my write-up about him is weird because of letter sizes)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Castle of Cagliostro (I think pretty environments with lots of sunbeams and beautiful backgrounds need to be a priority in this game's stagelist)
2. Hyperbolic Time Chamber (Trunks cameo????)
3. Malevolent Shrine (self vote - it's just awesome looking, reminds me a lot of the Dark Link fight arena in OoT)

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
For votes:
  1. Castle of Cagliostro
  2. Konohagakure
  3. Space Land
I originally considered both Joe Shimamura (Cyborg-009; Shotaro Ishinomori's a great guy) and Lum Invader (Urusei Yatsura's got a new reboot last month) as my submission for this job, but that first place vote may have given you guys a guess already.

Job #7: New 1960/1970's Fighter - Arsene Lupin III

Arsene Lupin III is the titular protagonist of the eponymous manga/anime franchise, Lupin the Third, which was created by Kazuhiko Kato (known under his pen name, Monkey Punch) and debuted in Weekly Manga Action on August 10th, 1967. He is the grandson of a famous gentleman thief Arsene Lupin from Maurice Leblanc's books, and considered the world's greatest and most wanted criminal, who is known for announcing his intentions to steal valuable objects and goods by sending a calling card to their owners, while constantly under the pursuit across the globe by his nemesis, Inspector Koichi Zenigata who works for Interpol. Among his eponymous gang are Daisuke Jigen, his best friend and trusted gunman/slinger who can accurately shoot a target in 0.3 seconds, a master swordsmen/samurai Goemon Ishikawa XIII, whose sword (the Zantetsuken) can cut through almost anything (even lightning bolts, clouds, tanks, skyscrapers and shooting stars), and his love interest/femme fatale Fujiko Mine, a double-crosser who sometimes tags along and occasionally exploits Lupin's interest in her to steal the treasure for herself.

Undoubtedly, Lupin III is clearly one of the most well-known and iconic characters of all time from the whole manga/anime industry. Over these fifty-five/55 years after the original manga's creation, the franchise has become so popular and enduring relevance-wise that it spawned numerous sequel/spin-off mangas, two animated pilot films, seven anime shows (since 1971, so this counts for both decades), a prequel spin-off series, about forty-five (45) movies (counting from animated/live-action films with a CGI film The First which is totally recommendable, OVAs and television specials; even crossing over with Case Closed's Detective Conan twice and Cat's Eye created by City Hunter's author), two musicals, music CDs and several video games. The franchise has also been referenced in pop culture and inspired/influenced dozens of works throughout multiple medias such as Pixar's movies (John Lasseter is a close friend with Hayao Miyazaki long before he formed Studio Ghibli and Luigi from Cars was based on Lupin's iconic Fiat in The Castle of Cagliostro), Inspector Gadget (as TMS and DiC originally planned a spin-off, Lupin VIII), Sly Cooper, DreamWorks' recent film The Bad Guys, Cowboy Bebop, Space Adventure Cobra (very spot-on), Metal Gear and Persona 5.

As the master thief, Lupin is quite nimble and acrobatic for his skinny body, capable of utilizing martial arts with punches, leaping kicks, pistol whips, etc. (he did go blow for blow with Goemon) and can use stealthy attacks with numerous disguises and gadgets/weapons/devices throughout the franchise such as his trusty Walther P38 handgun/pistol, smoke bombs, explosives that vary from dynamites to sticky bombs and flashbangs which stuns the opponent, a grappling hook (which can be used as a weapon to reel an airborne opponent onto the ground towards him), throwable knifes, sleeping/tranquilizer darts, etc. His partners in crime, Jigen and Goemon (who performs a flashy slash by using Zantetsuken, complete with "Once again, I cut a worthless object.") may also appear in his super attacks (though their background cameos potentially doesn't get interrupted), with the former appearing as he and Lupin drives the Mercedes-Benz SSK or signature Fiat 500 to run over the opponent while firing from a turret for additional damage.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
My own votations:
  1. Castle of Cagliostro (one of my favorite movies period, and I also hope to see Lupin here eventually!)
  2. Space Land (Same as Lupin, I hope to have Spike or anyone of the Cowboy Bebop crew here eventually and this stage is very neat)
  3. Time Chamber (its my self vote, what did you expected?)
Shout to all other submissions but especially for Malevolent Shrine, I'm sure we will have Jujutsu Kaisen content sooner or later! I will submit my own character later too!

Top Bottom