• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animation Hacking School – You can use victory pose animation now!!!

Itaru

MasterGanon

What you need

GCRebuilder
Dolphin
HxD
Pl**Aj Pack
Melee ISO, I can't link you to the ISO.
CrazyHand

Tutorial

First, you need to install my Pl**Aj Pack in your ISO.You don't need to do this step if you use 20XX 4.06 or later version.
You can do like this.
Copy all files in Pl**AjAll folder.
Paste in root folder(Overwrite)
Without my Pl**AjAll pack, your melee will freeze when you use Victory animation.

And, tutorial video.

Animation name list.

Win1
Win1Wait
Win2
Win2Wait
Win3
Win3Wait
Lose
IntroL
IntroR
Selected
SelectedWait
Ending

If you push B or Y or X button when the game ended, you can see...

B = Win1
Y = Win2
X = Win3
http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Victory_Pose
Plesent for you
Victory pose Ganon
Victory pose Falco
Victory pose TurboGanon (PV)
Victory pose TurboFalco (PV)

My playful hack XD AjTestGanon ("Run" is "IntroL or R", NB is "Win1", Jab is "Selected", Taunt is "Ending", SideSmash is "Win2", Waiting is "Lose")

For hacker…

The structure of Pl**Aj.dat is very simple. I just added animation file next of end.
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , can you install my Pl**AjAll pack in 20XX hackpack? This mod has no negative effect. And 20XX user will be able to use victory animation without rebuild.
And, what is “Selected”? (2:16 in my tutorial video)

Animation file existing in…

IrAls.dat: IntroR, IntroL
GmRstM**.dat: Win1, Win1Wait, Win2, Win2Wait, Win3, Win3Wait, Lose, Selected, SelectedWait,
GmRegEnd.dat: Ending

I'm the first person who saw near the top of falco's Win2 animation XD

Last edited:

Guesmu

Smash Apprentice
Thats cool! Thanks a lot!

Basically, everyone except the last player can swap.
So, assuming 3 people are playing, if p1 presses dpad up, he gets p2's moves.
If p2 does it, he gets p3's moves. If p3 does it, nothing happens.

ZZ3R-A9E4-V57QW
TGD4-B2HQ-KW4VZ
AGGH-JRJB-9X82E
K7X9-CWZZ-74E6V
YD7Z-XRJC-MKCG4
A4WC-AEPX-AHTME
BEHM-9V9M-7KZ07
9QC9-U0A0-585TK
JD4G-VX1Y-JA1CT
JZA6-6ECB-8MKTM
AN7Q-M50F-Z6MXW
KNZG-8G0U-MGQAY
KW6X-P0UP-R2XD7
W7QR-H5H3-K56DM
AG07-PD2M-4J6UE
ZXXM-08RJ-P7HPB

Now, where do I put this?

I have never added anything to DGRN Code manager before.

Edit: nvm, I got it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wooggle

Smash Apprentice
I tried to replace Jigglypuff's taunt with her first victory pose, and.. um... I'm not really sure what happened, but it was very funny. In fact, the animation changed every time I used it- jigglypuff was stretching, spinning and flying across the screen:

If you want to hear it with sound: https://vid.me/wCPP

Edit: I got it to work with Kirby. I'm not sure what went wrong with Jigglypuff.

Last edited:

Itaru

MasterGanon
I tried to replace Jigglypuff's taunt with her first victory pose, and.. um... I'm not really sure what happened, but it was very funny. In fact, the animation changed every time I used it- jigglypuff was stretching, spinning and flying across the screen:

If you want to hear it with sound: https://vid.me/wCPP

Edit: I got it to work with Kirby. I'm not sure what went wrong with Jigglypuff.
loooooool
I tried it. but freeze.
sorry Idk why.

ChronicKyoki

Smash Rookie
Might be a dumb question but is it possible to change the angle of the Victory Pose? like make it face forward instead of the sides?, Also if it's possible to hotkey these as like, Taunts accessible via the D-Pad?

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
Well, I know it's possible to rotate the models. There is a code that changes all characters so that they face the screen. However, if you were to implement this mid-match to get the character to face the screen for their "victory taunt", it would be a really jerky movement since they would do it in one frame. As Itaru said, we'd really need to understand animations better (tweening, really) to make a smooth transition. But even if you were to slowly rotate them, depending on their victory animation, their feet might not be making sense with the turning.

Btw, I want to add that finally being able to incorporate victory animations into matches at all is really awesome, Itaru. Good stuff!

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Premium
That's awesome! That could actually solve the problem of CSPs not matching the costume (since the animation could use the actual character file), and could free up a lot of valuable space in MnSlChr. Maybe the broken animations could be swapped for one of the character's victory animations?

Last edited:

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Holy **** this is godlike, I saw your video on youtube.

I was talking with a friend about this a couple of months ago but I didn't think anyone would actually be able to draw the models/animations on the css. I LUV U <3

Maxer203

Smash Rookie
I have everything done and i followed all the steps so how do i use the victory taunts in battle?

DraGon72097

Smash Rookie
I tried to do this, but there were a handful of problems. When I replaced taunt with Win3 for Luigi, Bowser, Mewtwo, Zelda, and Win2 for Yoshi's taunt, the game crashed when I tried to use them in game, after playing one frame of the animation. I also replaced Ganondorf's and Falco's taunt with Win3, but they behaved a little different. Falco's just glitched out, causing him to contort in a bunch of crazy ways. Ganondorf's right facing taunt worked perfectly fine, surprisingly, but then his left facing one crashed the game. Do you know what's causing this? I have the AJ pack installed, and I followed the tutorial perfectly.

Also, how can I add Ganondorf's sword to his taunt, and the explosion to Zelda's taunt?

iiJjRr

Smash Apprentice
Hello. I'm having trouble with this! Im trying to change Link's Third Jab into this

I am using a 20XX iso and I cannot find the correct hex. I am also trying to change Roy's Jab 1 to PM Roy's Side tilt with my overpowered mod -- https://modulous.net/mod/1291/Phoenix Roy WIP

Last edited:

Cyiatic

Smash Rookie
Itaru,

I am trying to add the Lose (clap animation) to victory taunt ganon as his wait 2, but there isnt a wait 1, as well as his last taunt animation with arms out as his run.

Basically I am trying to get AjTest PlGn standing still animation and run animation on Victory Taunt Ganon (not turbo victory taunt).

How would I do this?

Itaru

MasterGanon
Itaru,

I am trying to add the Lose (clap animation) to victory taunt ganon as his wait 2, but there isnt a wait 1, as well as his last taunt animation with arms out as his run.

Basically I am trying to get AjTest PlGn standing still animation and run animation on Victory Taunt Ganon (not turbo victory taunt).

How would I do this?
I made it.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B33JtWjcXD2WekFscmlmcG9XWmM
but there isnt a wait 1,
This is CrazyHand's glitch.
Explaining how to find Wait1 is slightly difficult.Do you want?

Itaru

MasterGanon
Yes please, I would like to learn what I can about hex editing. Thank you so much by the way!!!
First, search "Wait1".
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B33JtWjcXD2WTVIzTTJRNnk0N2s
you will see "PlyGanon5K..."
Address of first character is 0x90.
Calculate 0x90 - 0x20 = 0x70.
Search 00000070.
You will see this.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B33JtWjcXD2WRGJlM05hZUc5cEE

(You may find an irrelevant search result. In order to verify that it is a correct result, see the lower line. if it is correct result, you will see Character ID. (in this case, Ganon's ID, 19.))

Character ID list
0 Captain Falcon
1 Donkey Kong
2 Fox
3 Mr. Game & Watch
4 Kirby
5 Bowser
6 Link
7 Luigi
8 Mario
9 Marth
A Mewtwo
B Ness
C Peach
D Pikachu
E Ice Climbers
F Samus
10 Jigglypuff
11 Yoshi
12 Zelda
13 Sheik
14 Falco
15 Young Link
16 Dr. Mario
17 Roy
18 Pichu
19 Ganondorf
1A Master Hand
1B Male Wireframe
1C Female Wireframe
1D Giga Bowser
1E Crazy Hand
1F Sandbag
20 Popo

So, you can modify Wait1 with my "Animation hacking instruction" video.

And, you can see Wait1 in CrazyHand if you installed AjTestGanon.

Probably, you didn't install PlAjAll pack.

Last edited:

Cyiatic

Smash Rookie
Probably, you didn't install PlAjAll pack.
So I need to put all PIAjAll in and the ganon "Lose" animation will work?

So I need to put all PIAjAll in and the ganon "Lose" animation will work?
I tested it and it works! Thanks Itaru! I really appreciate. (ps. I took some japanese class online, a little treat: どうもありがとうございます.).

Last edited by a moderator:

davidvkimball

blippi.gg, @MeleeHD Lead
Slippi.gg
D#0
NNID
davidvkimball
3DS FC
3196-5240-6546
Switch FC
SW-1880-0689-1110

What you need

GCRebuilder
Dolphin
HxD
Pl**Aj Pack
Melee ISO, I can't link you to the ISO.
CrazyHand

Tutorial

First, you need to install my Pl**Aj Pack in your ISO.You don't need to do this step if you use 20XX 4.06 or later version.
You can do like this.
Copy all files in Pl**AjAll folder.
Paste in root folder(Overwrite)
Without my Pl**AjAll pack, your melee will freeze when you use Victory animation.

And, tutorial video.

Animation name list.

Win1
Win1Wait
Win2
Win2Wait
Win3
Win3Wait
Lose
IntroL
IntroR
Selected
SelectedWait
Ending

If you push B or Y or X button when the game ended, you can see...

B = Win1
Y = Win2
X = Win3
http://supersmashbros.wikia.com/wiki/Victory_Pose
Plesent for you
Victory pose Ganon
Victory pose Falco
Victory pose TurboGanon (PV)
Victory pose TurboFalco (PV)

My playful hack XD AjTestGanon ("Run" is "IntroL or R", NB is "Win1", Jab is "Selected", Taunt is "Ending", SideSmash is "Win2", Waiting is "Lose")

For hacker…

The structure of Pl**Aj.dat is very simple. I just added animation file next of end.
Achilles1515 Achilles1515 , can you install my Pl**AjAll pack in 20XX hackpack? This mod has no negative effect. And 20XX user will be able to use victory animation without rebuild.
And, what is “Selected”? (2:16 in my tutorial video)

Animation file existing in…

IrAls.dat: IntroR, IntroL
GmRstM**.dat: Win1, Win1Wait, Win2, Win2Wait, Win3, Win3Wait, Lose, Selected, SelectedWait,
GmRegEnd.dat: Ending

I'm the first person who saw near the top of falco's Win2 animation XD
Phenomenal thread, thank you.

Top Bottom