• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animated Smash Bros. (title TBA) creation thread - ANIME/GOKU CONFIRMED

How should anime characters be handled?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Cartoon Assist Trophy: Cú (Song of the Sea)

Song of the Sea is a movie produced by Cartoon Saloon about a boy, Ben, who must save his mute sister, Saorise, from a rare illness that only affects selkies, which are unique, half-human, half-seal creatures. Ben's large dog, Cú, is not the most important part of the film, but easily the most lovable. When summoned, he will run at the speed of Bowser's dash to the nearest opponent (can't think of any other comparison to make given our small roster). When he finally gets to an opponent, Cú will just run straight through them, dealing a whopping 18% with some very strong knockback. Cú can jump, halt to a stop, and turn around. However, he cannot double jump, or shift his movement in midair. If Cú's attack is shielded, it will break 1/3 of the shield. If an opponent is too far offstage to reach with a single jump, Cú will stop at the ledge, sit down, and wait for them to come back onstage. If he does fall into the abyss, he will not respawn.

Anime/manga Assist Trophy: Darren Shan (Cirque Du Freak)

Bit of a gray area here, since Cirque Du Freak was originally a novel with a different name (The Saga of Darren Shan), but the manga, as far as I can tell,
seems to be more popular. I'll think of something else if this gets veto'd.

Anyways, Cirque Du Freak is a manga about a young boy named Darren Shan who agrees to be converted into a half-vampire to save the life of his best friend. Doing so forced him to fake his death and move on from his past life-but it kept his friend alive and gave him supernatural abilities.
When summoned, Darren will stand in one place, look down at the ground, close his eyes, and seemingly think for a few seconds. If there are any animal-based opponents in the match (for example, Mickey Mouse), Darren looks up and his eyes shoot open. Now, whenever the summoner of Darren moves or attacks, the animal-based opponent will follow suit (if the summoner does their down tilt, for example, Mickey will do his down tilt). Effectively, you can use this to force your opponent to SD, or team up with them to gang up on another opponent. The effect lasts for 10 seconds. If there are no animal-based opponents in the match, or the effect of his attack is finished, Darren will turn his back to the camera and despawn.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Introducing a new feature!

Animation Cels are our trophy/spirit equivalent. They can be of characters, events, locations, objects, species, real-world animation methods or history, so on. Only rule is no real people or uncensorably innapropriate characters. They will have descriptions, though these may be subject to revisions if they are innacurrate or have poor grammar.

For the sake of the thread we'll use existing art, but just imagine there's completely new 2D art for each cel.

For now you can submit an unlimited amount of cels from the 5 series that are so far represented. If the thread gains more traction submissions will be limited. Non-represented series will be opened when we've got an addequate amount of Disney Core Universe, Dragon Ball, SpongeBob, Looney Tunes, and Simpsons cels. Cels will not disconfirm.

I will be submitting my first animation cels very soon.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Donald Duck
Scrooge McDuck
Goofy and Max
Minnie and Daisy
Powerline
Marge and Maggie
Bart and Lisa
Hans Moleman
Itchy and Scratchy
Krusty the Klown
Daffy Duck
Elmer Fudd
Wile E. Coyote and the Road Runner
Lola Bunny (The Looney Tunes Show)
Dan Backslide
Mr. Krabs
Squidward
Patrick
Sandy
Plankton and Karen
I'll try to get around to writing descriptions for each.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
We need a few obscure characters alongside the famous ones

Fred
"When ever any wacky chaotic hyjinx around bikini bottom espect this fish to yell out "MY LEG", that's Fred the local accident prone citizen of bikini bottom, he has been though many injuries including car crashes, getting his tongue frozen, or getting his famous femurs broken, how does he get so injured is it because he likes being at the hospital"

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
84B49769-024F-46A6-8FFD-0A513AF084D0.png
Handsome Squidward (SpongeBob SquarePants)

After one of SpongeBob’s shenanigans with a door at the Krusty Krab, Squidward woke up at the hospital to discover that he looked handsome, too handsome for the citizens of the Bikini Bottom to handle. Squidward was chased by a mob all the way to the Krusty Krab. Squidward and SpongeBob tried to recreate the accident to turn Squidward back to normal. Unfortunately for Squidward, he turned into the handsome squid you see before your eyes!
0F4A33F9-9508-4F51-8077-3E094F50C3D0.png
The Phantom Blot (Mickey Mouse)

Hiding under that cloak is one of the worst criminals of all time, the Phantom Blot. The Phantom Blot commits many crimes, from theft to world domination, all thanks to his cunningness and criminal mind. He is also one of Mickey Mouse’s most iconic archenemies from over the years. The Phantom Blot desires to immortalize his name in “the annals of the crime”.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I know you've done the cels for some of these characters already, but if it's alright I'm gonna submit what I personally think should mostly be the full list for the current series, and we'll see what sticks.
See the source image
Mickey Mouse
See the source image
Donald Duck
See the source image
Goofy
See the source image
Minnie Mouse
See the source image
Daisy Duck
See the source image
Chip 'n Dale
See the source image
Pete
See the source image
Scrooge McDuck
See the source image
Huey, Dewey and Louie
See the source image
Darkwing Duck
See the source image
Yen Sid
See the source image
Bugs Bunny
See the source image
Daffy Duck
See the source image
Elmer Fudd
See the source image
Tweety Bird
See the source image
Sylvester the Cat
See the source image
Tasmanian Devil
See the source image
Roadrunner
See the source image
Wile E. Coyote
See the source image
Foghorn Leghorn
See the source image
Spongebob Squarepants
See the source image
Patrick Star
See the source image
Squidward Tentacles
See the source image
Sandy
See the source image
Mr. Krabs
See the source image
Mrs. Puff
See the source image
Plankton
See the source image
Larry the Lobster
See the source image
Pearl Krabs
See the source image
Homer Simpson
See the source image
Marge and Maggie Simpson
See the source image
Bart Simpson
See the source image
Lisa Simpson
See the source image
Grampa Simpson
See the source image
Krusty the Clown
See the source image
Moe Syzslak
See the source image
Mr Burns
See the source image
Goku
See the source image
Vegeta
See the source image
Gohan
See the source image
Krillin
See the source image
Piccolo
See the source image
Frieza
See the source image
Cell
See the source image
King Kai
See the source image
Beerus
See the source image
Whis
(Might add descriptions and cels based on things other than characters later)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Broly (Dragon Ball Super)
Buu
Trunks
Oswald
Clarabelle Cow
Pepé Le Pew
The Monstars
Patchy The Pirate
The Hash Slinging Slasher
Not very knowledgeable on DBZ's characters-I know of them but I don't really know anything about them, so it may be a while before I write descriptions for them. The other ones I should get to before long though.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Assist Trophy Great Gazoo

He can use a special laser to levitate and carry opponents, he can either throw them off the stage or slam them and bury them, that's all to it really

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Here are some more animation cels
B61C5A9D-3FAB-4754-B1E9-B3DD9C7182C0.png
Squilliam Fancyson
(SpongeBob SquarePants)

This fancy squid is Squidward’s arch rival from high school band class. Squilliam Fancyson is very wealthy and always succeeds where Squidward fails at. Squidward is always jealous when Squilliam is around and Squilliam always enjoys to revel at Squidward’s failures in life whenever he gets the chance.
5EF6CB1D-4756-4B40-9455-E5AF8983F07B.png
Kelpy G
(SpongeBob SquarePants)

This mellowed out octopus loves to play smooth jazz on his clarinet. Kelpy G is known around the ocean for his clarinet skills, always willing to give out a daily dose of smooth jazz to his loyal fans. Kelpy is an active believer in peace and tranquillity. Squidward Tentacles is a huge fan of Kelpy G and his smooth jazz skills.
30F5E62C-E3D8-4462-9D5C-89C6B105B226.png
José Carioca
(Mickey Mouse)

The parrot in the suit is José Carioca, one of the main members of the Three Caballeros. José and Donald met and became really good friends during Donald’s trip to South America. He taught Donald everything about Rio de Janeiro and Salvador in Brazil. José is always suave, cool, charming, extroverted, extremely talkative, and loves to party. José always carries around his cane and can even use it to play music and to get out of trouble.
9E5D2376-8717-46B7-A8DB-E6F2D1B350A7.png
Panchito Pistoles
(Mickey Mouse)

The rooster with the two pistols is Panchito Pistoles, one of the main members of the Three Caballeros. Panchito met Donald and José Carioca when he busted out of Donald’s final birthday present. Panchito taught Donald and José all about Mexico and their customs on his very own flying magical carpet. Panchito is always excited, fast-talking, fun-loving, and loves to make entrances. He is also considered by many to be a party animal, he loves to party and dance.
231177AA-E6D1-4D15-BDA3-6CD5F16F0A9D.png
Flintheart Glomgold
(Mickey Mouse)

This rich duck is the one of the longest arch enemies (and business rival) of Scrooge McDuck. Glomgold desires to be the richest Duck in the world, no matter what evil scheme it takes. Glomgold is known by many for his greediness , sneakiness, selfishness, and hatred for Scrooge. Unfortunately for Glomgold, his schemes always seem to lead to his own downfall.
779B6AE5-38D3-4B81-ABE4-A7F754729417.png
Principal Seymour Skinner
(The Simpsons)

Seymour Skinner is the principal of Springfield Elementary School. Skinner always tries his best to keep the students and school under control for Superintendent Chalmers and take care of Mother. Skinner is strict, uptight, and keeps his militaristic attitude from when he was a Green Beret in the Vietnam War. Skinner will do his best for Springfield Elementary School and his Mother, no matter what it takes.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Peg-Leg_Pete.png

Pete (Mickey)
Pete is the original Mickey Mouse rival debuting in the first Mickey Short. He has over the years gone by many names and occupations such as Italian entertainer mr Macaroni and captain Peg Legged Pete. Now a days while he still is quite a grouch he has softened up being more of a troublemaker with a heart of gold. Recently he even had a family with a son named Pete JR Pete.

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Cartoon Assist Trophy: King Ramses (Courage the Cowardly Dog)
832A5976-259B-499E-93C5-97E9FB8F8028.jpeg

When spawned, King Ramses will activate his third curse. A bunch of locusts will come from all sides to shrink the stage (kinda like the squid sisters). If a fighter gets anywhere near the locusts, they will start to gain small amounts of damage fast. When there is hardly any room left, the entire screen will turn completely black. It will be black for a few seconds, you will have to be careful not to leave the spot or you will be taking a lot of damage.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I know this might sound weird and rude (I apologize if it does) but can we move on with Job 3, the assist trophy one? It's been so long that I don't really think people are gonna respond now, and I think we have enough anime assist trophies to vote on. Even if you don't think there are enough, I would rather have a small number of submissions than this thread not continue at all. Again, sorry if this sounds rude.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
OK, good advice

Job #3 has closed.

We will be voting for 2 cartoon ATs and 2 anime. The options are:

CARTOON:
Jay Sherman (The Critic)
Kubo (Kubo and the 2 Strings)
Bear Stack (We Bare Bears)
Cú (Song of the Sea)
The Great Gazoo (The Flintstones)
King Ramses (Courage the Cowardly Dog)

ANIME:
Anpanman
Nano and Hakase (Nichijou)
Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya)
Darren Shan (Cirque de Freak)

Vote for your top two in both categories. You can't vote for your own cartoon at all, but you can vote for your own anime in second place. Ranked voting is on, with your first getting 2 points and your second getting 1. Voting for Gazoo or Ramses will NOT disconfirm Courage or Fred.

My votes go to:

1. Kubo
2. Bears

1. Nano
2. Anpanman

Jobs #1 and #2 have also closed. The winner of the stage vote is almost unanimously Disney Parks, while Mickey's moveset will be Cashregister9's.

I will be opening submissions for the next 3 anime reps soon.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I have been thinking about how themes for future newcomer submissions should be handled, and I have an idea I feel is perfect.

First, we'll do the 3 action anime newcomers, the 1 action cartoon newcomer, and the 1 comedy anime newcomer as planned.

Then we will vote on (almost) all future newcomer themes before submitting characters - for example "a villain" or "a Cartoon Network character". I haven't decided the full details, but I want each user to be able to submit at least 2 themes should they wish. Rules will be put in place, but there's only one I want to emphasise for now: no rigged or overly specific themes.

For example, let's say you REALLY want Wallace & Gromit in the game - when it comes time to choose a theme, you may be tempted to submit "a British stop motion character" - however that would not be allowed as it is overly specific and pretty much locks our next newcomer to an Aardman character.

On the other hand, simply "a British cartoon character" would be allowed as it would not only allow Wallace & Gromit, but also Danger Mouse; Superted; Bananaman; (the other) Dennis the Menace; and possibly even Gumball (I'll decide on his elegibility should we ever get that criteria submitted) among others

"A stop motion character" would also be allowed as Wallace & Gromit could be joined by Jack Skellington; Other Mother; Gumby; Buddy Thunderstruck; and many more as potential candidates.

I'm not certain on how the cartoon-anime balance will be handled, but my current idea is a sort of pattern: cartoon-anime-cartoon-anime-cartoon-anime, so on.

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
That's weird, I remember voting. Might as well do so now.

1. Jay Sherman
2. Kubo

1. Apanman
2. Pegasus Seiya

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Here are some animation cel objects.
83BA848F-102E-4E73-A2C8-84A86EAFC5E6.png
Secret Formula (SpongeBob SquarePants)

Sealed in that glass bottle is the secret recipe on how to make a Krabby Patty. In the formula, there is one necessary secret ingredient that is unknown to the public. Mr. Krabs is always guarding that formula from Plankton. It’s been Plankton’s dream to steal the Krabby Patty formula and run Krab’s out of business. As long as Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob are around, the formula will most likely be safe.
30826FB3-3E33-4E62-A291-F59439011A73.png
The Krabby Patty (SpongeBob SquarePants)

The Krusty Krab’s number one food item, the Krabby Patty, is loved by all of the citizens of the Bikini Bottom. It’s said by some that whoever owns the Krabby Patty controls the world. Plankton, Mr. Krab’s business rival, always tries to steal the formula or a Krabby Patty to extract the information on it’s secret ingredient. Without the Krabby Patty, the world would fall into chaos.

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
C072AE3B-B5CB-425F-8DF6-48C51BC850BD.jpeg
Squidward’s Vacuum Cleaner
(SpongeBob SquarePants)

When there is a mess that needs cleaned, Squidward has to pull out his canister vacuum cleaner. One time, Squidward had to come over to SpongeBob’s to retrieve his vacuum cleaner that was borrowed. When Squidward entered, he discovered that SpongeBob made an exact replica of his house. After Squidward’s long search for his vacuum cleaner, he learned that his own house burnt down due to a casserole left too long in the oven.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Time for our first newcomer submission period!
Submit 2 action anime newcomers
That's right, two. We will be adding 3 but each user can submit 2 each.

Some ground rules:
  • Pokémon isn't allowed to prevent overlap between the main series Smash games - however, other franchises where the anime is considered as important as the games (Digimon for example) are.
  • Try to avoid overly sexualised or gory characters - by "gory" I mean a character with gore in their design - a ripped off jaw for example. If a character's series heavily features gore it should be fine as long as it is censorable.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Action anime newcomer #1:
A character from My Hero Academia

Ever since the show's debut in 2016, My Hero has quickly become one of the most popular and critically acclaimed anime ever, based on the manga of the same name. (Is that the correct plural spelling? Anime?) The series takes place in a world in which 80% of the population posseses some kind of "Quirk", or superpower. It can be anything from tough skin to super speed to pyrokinesis to having hair made of sticky purple balls. Some use these powers for good and become "Pro Heroes", who fight villains and save lives to be paid. Kids with Quirks can go to schools such as UA High to learn how to be heroes-like a superhero Hogwarts basically. The show features a wide array of characters with unique abilities, and while I have my preferences, I don't want the characters to cannibalize each other. If this wins then we will vote on a character from the series to be included.

Action anime newcomer #2
Koro-sensei (Assassination Classroom)

Assassination Classroom is a popular action manga and anime series that has quite the premise. An octopus-like alien (the yellow dude above) has destroyed the moon and will do the same to Earth very soon. However, before he does, he wants to teach a class of students in a (kinda) normal school environment. The government who has been trying to kill him for weeks allows this tomfoolery-and offers 1 billion yen to whichever student can kill him. Despite the countless atempts the students make at killing their teacher, he is actually very fond of his students and they grow into a (somewhat dysfunctional) classroom family. In the very first episode, realizing he doesn't have a name, the students give the creature one-Koro-sensei. A pun on korosenai (unkillable) and sensei (teacher).
Koro-sensei's abilities are pretty insane, ngl-so many I can't list all of them here. Think of the strongest possible creature you can think of that isn't a literal god. Multiply by ten. Then you can understand how strong this guy is. He's got superspeed (mach 4 if I remember correctly), he's a genius, he can shoot lazers, he's immune to almost every substance, he can shapeshift-dude's absolutely insane.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Luffy (One Piece)

One Piece is the single best selling manga series. (and my personal favorite anime) The series is really huge in Japan and so he just makes sense for a crossover like this. He would fight by stretching his body and I imagine he could use haki somehow.

Edward Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood are a classic anime series that may not have gotten new content in a while, but are still fondly remembered shows/manga series. He would fight by transmuting parts of the ground into weapons or traps and attacking with his automail arm

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon)
D5C2D531-B08A-40A1-BE5A-81771EFD8306.png

Sailor Moon is a very popular Japanese anime and manga. The series focuses on Usagi Tsukino, a middle school student in Juban, Tokyo. One day, Usagi came across a talking black cat named Luna that gives her a magical brooch. This magical item transforms Usagi into Sailor Moon, a hero destined to save the world from the forces of evil.

Naruto Uzumaki (Naruto)
755E2BCF-791E-43FE-86BE-97E9C2AACBE9.png

Naruto is a very popular Japanese anime and manga. The series focuses on Naruto Uzumaki, a young ninja that had a powerful fox known as Nine-Tails, sealed inside him. Naruto seeks recognition from his peers and dreams to become his village’s Hokage, the leader of the village.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Jotaro Kujo (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)

Jojo's Bizarre adventure is a very popular franchise, Jotaro is the protagonist of Stardust Crusaders and has appeared sporadically throughout the parts afterwords, he has a powerful ability called a Stand, a manifestation of his inner self. His stand "Star Platinum" is a very powerful brawler and Jotaro himself is very good in combat

Tanjiro and Nezuko Kamado (Demon Slayer)

Demon Slayer quickly rose to popularity and is now one of the biggest pieces of media in japan, Tanjiro Kamado was a normal boy until his family was killed by a demon, The only survivors was himself and his Sister Nezuko who was turned into a demon, Tanjiro then vowed to learn to become a Demon Slayer and find a cure for all the demons.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submissions for the initial 3 anime newcomers are now closed

The submissions are:
My Hero Academia
Koro-Sens
Luffy
Edward Elric
Sailor Moon
Naruto
Jotaro
Tanjiro and Nezuko.

Please vote for your top 3 in order. Your own submission can only be in second.

We are also opening moveset submissions for the one of the three starting characters after Mickey - here's a strawpoll to decide.

Top Bottom