• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animated Smash Bros. (title TBA) creation thread - ANIME/GOKU CONFIRMED

How should anime characters be handled?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
"What do you mean, Sakurai-san? Smash is going to skip a whole generation? That's our top seller! The Switch 2's success is dependant on it!"

"Yes, I'm adamant. I need to take a break. Make a spin-off to fill the gap for all I care! Go against all my wishes, Smash just isn't doing it for me anymore"

"Spin-off... going against Sakurai's wishes... hmm... I've got an idea!"

(credit to CristianDarkraDx2496 on DeviantArt)
Animated Smash Bros!

In a twist that has shocked the entire gaming scene (especially companies looking to promote their latest titles), Smash has been reanimated with cartoon chaos and anime action! Not a single Mario, Sonic, or Cloud can be seen - replaced with Saturday morning heroes and villains. Can we prove this is a worthwhile spin-off, or will this be seen as a ridiculous tonal shift on the level of Teen Titans Go or Loonatics Unleashed? only one way to find out, let's head for the inkwell and start painting a "whole new world" of Smash!

First, since this is a completely different origin medium and new roster we're working with, we have to set a LOT of rules - this might be a tricky read given how long it is and if there's opposition to any particular rule we can hold a vote on it

KNOWN INFO AND RULES:
  • The game will be mechanically identical to Ultimate, with the only exception being that it uses 2D animation on 3D stages instead of 3D models. Omegas and Battlefields are not featured
  • No one company or studio will be prioritised like Nintendo is in Smash.
  • Comedy and action characters are both viable
  • Adult cartoon characters are evaluated on a case-by-case basis of how censor-able they are. Rick, Peter Griffin, or Cartman would probably not be included but Hank Hill, Bob Belcher, or Beavis and Butthead would likely be fine and Homer is confirmed. Unless the character is rejected for being too sexualised they should be fine as ATs or other non-playable roles. (Sorry, Lucoa fans)
  • Preschool characters are allowed, but to prevent any brand image conflicts and appeal to our pre-teen-and-up demographic they must have existed for quite some time (Blue's Clues, Peppa Pig, or Dora would be allowed. Paw Patrol, PJ Masks, or Bluey would not.)
  • Characters from feature length movies are allowed.
  • Characters from web series are allowed as long as they or their series isn't derivative of a copyrighted work. (Homestar Runner, Battle for Dream Island, and RWBY would be allowed, SMG4 would not.) Webcomics are not. (Sorry Homestuck fans.)
  • Advertising mascots are not allowed.
  • Puppets and cosumed characters are not allowed, but stop motion and claymation characters (for example Coraline, Gumby, Jack Skellington or Wallace and Gromit) are.
  • Some series and franchises will get multiple fighters, but this is kept to a minimum
  • Comic characters (both newspaper and superhero) and manga characters are viable for inclusion.
  • Main protagonists should be prioritised, but exceptions can be made if the protagonists don't have much to work with or are heavily overshadowed in popularity (for example Reptar over Tommy Pickles or Dr. Doofenshmirtz over Phineas)
  • Animated versions of game characters are not allowed (Sorry, Robotnik fans)
  • Elements from live action or game media starring these characters is allowed but should not be prioritised unless stated otherwise.

FIGHTERS (5/6?)
  1. Mickey Mouse (moveset)
  2. Bugs Bunny
  3. SpongeBob
  4. Homer Simpson
  5. Goku

ITEMS:
  1. Assist Trophy
  2. Smash Ball

STAGES:
  1. Final Destination
  2. Battlefield
  3. Disney Parks

ASSIST TROPHIES:
  1. Jay Sherman (The Critic)
  2. Anpanman

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
JOB 1:
Create a new theme for Smashville

Smashville is a quintessential competitive stage that it's almost a necessity to bring back, but given Animal Crossing can't be represented we need to give it a shiny new coat of paint based on an IP not yet represented.

Note that this retheme will disconfirm a fighter from that franchise's inclusion - thus, SpongeBob; Simpsons; Disney Core Universe; and Looney Tunes locations will not be allowed. (though we will discuss their stages at a later day) Spin-offs will not effect their base series (A Shaun the Sheep stage would disconfirm Shaun but not Wallace, A Pinky and the Brain stage would disconfirm the Brain but not the Warners)

Please account for the platform moving as that will stay and also be included in the hazards off form. The balloon will not return.

Please include one or two songs from the series or franchise. Link remixes if you find good ones that fit. These songs can be from game adaptations, but cannot be trap or meme remixes/Attic Stein

JOB 2:
Submit a moveset for Mickey Mouse

The capitalist rat is up first. All we need is specials and a Final Smash, but further details would be greatly appreciated. Animations and costumes will be decided on later.

Remember that this is supposed to be a celebration of animation history, so while game references are fine try to emphasise Mickey's cartoon history, both in film and TV.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Smashville theme:
The South Pole (Pingu)

Undistracting for competitive play and a way to represent a great series that likely wouldn't work as a fighter. You fight in the sky like Smashville, but Pingu's igloo can be seen from below. Sometimes Pingu and Robby will run around the igloo, but there's not much animation aside from that. No photorealistic walruses, sorry.

Song 1
Song 2

god i regret adding "equal to cartoons" as an option for the anime vote

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 1

Toontown (HFRR)
Really what other animation to reskin smashville that the town of toons itself, instead of villagers you see classic toons and forgotten toons from all sorts of animated studios (Warner Bros, Fleschier) doing hilarious background gags, the only exception is Jessica Rabbit because as we all know "Smash is for good boys and girls"

Job 2 Mickey Moveset
Being the mario of animation micky would have similar stats and weight to the red plumber, however he cant wall jump and instead can crawl due to being a mouse

Jab is a series of punches with his gloves

Dash attack is a spin attack with his tail

Forward Smash is an blast from his tuba from his marching band cartoons

Down Smash is hitting a broom on the ground

Up smash is him spinning a plane propeller (plane crazy)

Neutral special has him summon Toodles and have him cycle though 4 mousekatools

A shield for added defence

A boot for added speed

A glove for added neutral attack damage

A wand for added special damage

His side special has him uses the steamboat willie to shoot a stream of hot steam acting as a combo of the fludd and fireball

Up specials has him use a magical aura to ride a flying carpet to safety doing raming damage

Down special uses summing a beanstalk from thin air

Final smash has him summing a tidal wave as the sorcerers apprentice from fantasia

This is a good rough moveset idea

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Some things to note about the anime poll:

If treating anime equal to cartoons wins, we will have roughly 60 fighters. If no anime or having anime as guests wins, we will have roughly 50.

There will be a few submission periods specifically requesting comedy anime characters (for example Shin-Chan, Anpanman, Nichijou, or Doraemon) in either pro-anime scenario just as there will be submission periods specifically requesting action cartoon characters in all scenarios.

Avatar, Teen Titans, and RWBY are considered cartoons and thus still allowed content if we go strictly anti-anime.

If either pro-anime option wins, Goku will be added automatically

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Some things to note about the anime poll:

If treating anime equal to cartoons wins, we will have roughly 60 fighters. If no anime or having anime as guests wins, we will have roughly 50.

There will be a few submission periods specifically requesting comedy anime characters (for example Shin-Chan, Anpanman, Nichijou, or Doraemon) in either pro-anime scenario just as there will be submission periods specifically requesting action cartoon characters in all scenarios.

Avatar and RWBY are considered cartoons and thus still allowed content if we go strictly anti-anime.
I am not that worried, I dont watch anime much but when i see potential I see potential (and if it means I get to who would win in a fight between sailor moon and goku I'll be happy with that). If I were to recommend it, if your using smash Brawl as an inspiration having only 2 or 3 serious fighters in contrast to the many cartoonish fighters seems to be the most effective as it can come off as cute and funny of how this game can handle multible tonals shifts without having extreme modd whiplash

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 1:

This one is weird and will probably be disqualified but hear me out

Disney Theme Parks

The background would have 4 icons from random Disney parks in the background

these include

-Sleeping Beauty Castle
-Cinderella Castle
-Castle Of Magical Dreams
-Enchanted Storybook Castle
-Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant
-Spaceship Earth
-Tower Of Terror
-Tree Of Life
-Grizzly Peak
-Mount Prometheus
-Earful Tower

Some Park exclusive characters and vehicles would also be flying by in the background.

Songs:
Grim Grinning Ghosts
Test Track 2.0

HEAR ME OUT FOR WHY THIS WORKS:
-First off it's Disney
-The whole conceit of the parks is that they are supposed to be cartoons come to life
-It could sort of be like how Pokemon in smash draws directly from the anime, and also the FF7 songs that came from Advent Children

Job 2
--Basic Attacks--

Jab: A three hit combo, 2 punches and a kick

Side tilt: A Slap with his left hand

Up tilt: An uppercut

Down tilt: A crouched kick

Dash Attack: Mickey rolls forwards

Side Smash: Mickey Swings a sword

Up Smash: Mickey Throws his hands upwards like Wario's up tilt

Down Smash: Mickey spins around

Neutral air: Mickey kicks in a fashion similar to Mario's Nair

Forward Air: Mickey slaps downwards

Back Air: Mick kicks backwards

Up Air: Mickey headbutts horizontally

Down Air: Mickey kicks twice downwards

--Specials--

Neutral: Silly Symphony: Mickey Conducts and a stream of damaging music notes moves forwards

Side: Paintbrush,. Mickey swings the paint brush forward in a fashion similar to Inkling F-smash and it functions similarly too.

Down: Sorcerer's Apprentice, Mickey summons a Broomstick that dumps water in front of him, this water deals fixed knockback

Up: Beanstalk, Mickey summons a Beanstalk

Final Smash: M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E
Mickey puts on the Sorcerers hat and conjures up a storm similar to one seen in silly symphonies. This tornado grows larger and larger until it explodes. The tornado gets filled with characters and objects from Mickey's old cartoons including Musical Instruments and Steamboat Willie

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 1:

This one is weird and will probably be disqualified but hear me out

Disney Theme Parks

The background would have 4 icons from random Disney parks in the background

these include

-Sleeping Beauty Castle
-Cinderella Castle
-Castle Of Magical Dreams
-Enchanted Storybook Castle
-Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant
-Spaceship Earth
-Tower Of Terror
-Tree Of Life
-Grizzly Peak
-Mount Prometheus

Songs:
Grim Grinning Ghosts
Test Track 2.0

HEAR ME OUT FOR WHY THIS WORKS:
-First off it's Disney
-The whole conceit of the parks is that they are supposed to be cartoons come to life
-It could sort of be like how Pokemon in smash draws directly from the anime, and also the FF7 songs that came from Advent Children

Job 2
--Basic Attacks--

Jab: A three hit combo, 2 punches and a kick

Side tilt: A Slap with his left hand

Up tilt: An uppercut

Down tilt: A crouched kick

Dash Attack: Mickey rolls forwards

Side Smash: Mickey Swings a sword

Up Smash: Mickey Throws his hands upwards like Wario's up tilt

Down Smash: Mickey spins around

Neutral air: Mickey kicks in a fashion similar to Mario's Nair

Forward Air: Mickey slaps downwards

Back Air: Mick kicks backwards

Up Air: Mickey headbutts horizontally

Down Air: Mickey kicks twice downwards

--Specials--

Neutral: Silly Symphony: Mickey Conducts and a stream of damaging music notes moves forwards

Side: Paintbrush,. Mickey swings the paint brush forward in a fashion similar to Inkling F-smash and it functions similarly too.

Down: Sorcerer's Apprentice, Mickey summons a Broomstick that dumps water in front of him, this water deals fixed knockback

Up: Beanstalk, Mickey summons a Beanstalk

Final Smash: M-I-C-K-E-Y-M-O-U-S-E
Mickey puts on the Sorcerers hat and conjures up a storm similar to one seen in silly symphonies. This tornado grows larger and larger until it explodes. The tornado gets filled with characters and objects from Mickey's old cartoons including Musical Instruments and Steamboat Willie
This is a much better mickey moveset than mine, I love Mickey but I'm not that skilled in knowledge to give him a moveset

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Will Cory from Cory in the House count as an anime?

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Will Corey from Corey in the House count as an anime?
Unfortunately, no. It would be fun to include him as a Piranha Plant equivalent WTF character, but when we're working with cartoons most of the characters are already WTF-worthy thus he likely wouldn't have the same punch. There's plenty of actual cartoon and anime characters who are already memes so I'm sure we'll get dank somewhere down the line, intentionally or otherwise.

The Disney Parks stage is fine, as are other real world locations associated with animation. (for example the Pixar studios campus)

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, no. It would be fun to include him as a Piranha Plant equivalent WTF character, but when we're working with cartoons most of the characters are already WTF-worthy thus he likely wouldn't have the same punch. There's plenty of actual cartoon and anime characters who are already memes so I'm sure we'll get dank somewhere down the line, intentionally or otherwise.

The Disney Parks stage is fine, as are other real world locations associated with animation. (for example the Pixar studios gate)
Does videos game locations based on cartoons count as well (wasteland for example in epic mickey)

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Does videos game locations based on cartoons count as well (wasteland for example in epic mickey)
Depends. If it's as the sole stage for a series, no. If it's an extra stage for a series, sure. (for example we couldn't include Wasteland without at least one stage for the Disney Core Universe's animated incarnations)

I can make an exception if said level has since been integrated into the show's canon after debuting in a game (for example Camp Krusty from The Simpsons or the Moon from DuckTales)

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #0: Anime should be equal
1618795337675.png
=
1618795371291.png

First, I want to get out of the way that this hypothetical scenario in the OP states this probably took place in Japan, the entire Smash development and stuff to my knowledge takes place in Japan, why would the first thought be to make it more western animation based and to even question if anime would be allowed? All Anime is is Japanese Animation, and in Japan the word "Anime" just means cartoon, to quote a totally reliable source which is some guy from a site I haven't even heard of before
Basically my argument is, is that it just doesn't make sense for anime to not be equal considering the development (arguably Anime should have higher priority, but I'll let it slide), I wouldn't have any reason to be on this thread if anime wasn't prominent because I focus on Japanese Animation and only being allowed western would ruin me as I can't even talk about South Park saying Cartman would most likely not be approved, and anime is epic.

Also, I mainly commented this because I want to be apart of this thread but I have no ideas for Jobs 1 or 2.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
View attachment 311974=View attachment 311975
First, I want to get out of the way that this hypothetical scenario in the OP states this probably took place in Japan, the entire Smash development and stuff to my knowledge takes place in Japan, why would the first thought be to make it more western animation based and to even question if anime would be allowed? All Anime is is Japanese Animation, and in Japan the word "Anime" just means cartoon, to quote a totally reliable source which is some guy from a site I haven't even heard of before

Basically my argument is, is that it just doesn't make sense for anime to not be equal considering the development (arguably Anime should have higher priority, but I'll let it slide), I wouldn't have any reason to be on this thread if anime wasn't prominent because I focus on Japanese Animation and only being allowed western would ruin me as I can't even talk about South Park saying Cartman would most likely not be approved, and anime is epic.

Also, I mainly commented this because I want to be apart of this thread but I have no ideas for Jobs 1 or 2.
Yeah anime is essentially japanese cartoons so I agree with his sayings

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
View attachment 311974=View attachment 311975

To give a simple response, there is lots of Western-created media that crosses over exclusively anime, so I can't really see why it can't go both ways - in fact, it already does in a way!

You could argue that Kingdom Hearts only applies to one company and therefore there's no possible Japanese characters to use... but have you ever seem Duffy Bear wielding a keyblade? The FF characters are game characters so I don't see them as relevant to this discussion.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
To give a simple response, there is lots of Western-created media that crosses over exclusively anime, so I can't really see why it can't go both ways - in fact, it already does in a way!

You could argue that Kingdom Hearts only applies to one company and therefore there's no possible Japanese characters to use... but have you ever seem Duffy Bear wielding a keyblade? The FF characters are game characters so I don't see them as relevant to this discussion.
So does that mean Sora is in smash

evanwoo10

Smash Lord

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
BonafideFella BonafideFella I just wait until I've either got enough submissions or the thread has died down for a long time, in the case of the prior I'll give a bit of warning, in the case of the later I'll go ahead straight into voting

Since treating anime as equal seems to be winning, I'll start a new poll for Goku's representation. The fact I even made this a choice makes it quite clear what my preferance is.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Also, while we won't be submitting characters yet, I'll set a roadmap for the next 7 characters:

3 action anime characters
An action cartoon and comedy anime character
A representative for the Dark Age of Western Animation and an as-of-yet undecided anime category. (possibly black and white-era anime or a manga with no anime adaptation?)

I would be interested in having someone who knows anime better than me serve as a consultant.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Phrase Anime confirmed is very threatening

I'll help out with that if you need it.
I'll try to call you when I'm stumped for anime content.

Submissions for Smashville's reskin will stay cartoon themed, I may open a vote for a competitive anime stage not repped by a fighter at a later date.

Votes for Mickey's moveset are now closed.

Please vote for only one of the following, you cannot vote for your own.

Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
BonafideFella BonafideFella
cashregister9 cashregister9

If we choose BonafideFella's, only the moveset will be taken, not animations or alternate costumes - those will be voted on at a later date.

My vote is for Cashregister9's.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Goku's design is confirmed: adult Goku!

Job 3:
Submit two Assist Trophies, one cartoon and one anime.

We will be adding 4 ATs first. They cannot be characters from Disney's Core Universe, Looney Tunes, SpongeBob SquarePants, The Simpsons or Dragon Ball. You can submit one anime character and one cartoon character. This will disconfirm a playable role for characters from that series or franchise (not taking spin-offs into account) so don't submit a character you're super passionate about!

My submissions are:
Jay Sherman (The Critic)

Single father and professional film critic adopted into an aristocrat family, NY resident Jay Sherman would appear in the background on his chair, and would evaluate the fighters' performance. You can tell his thoughts from his facial expressions. KOs and combos all increase his opinion of the battle, SDs and item or stage hazard-induced KOs decrease it. Once he's finished his evaluation the Shermometer will appear.

if it's hot, (Jay has a high opinion) every single fighter gets a speed boost

if it's cold (Jay has a low opinion) every single fighter is frozen in ice and Jay announces "it stinks!"

Anpanman (Anpanman)

One of the most famous anime characters of all time, Anpanman is a children's superhero who teaches valuable life lessons. He doesn't have many superpowers outside of simply flying and having a powerful punch, the latter of which he rarely uses in combat. His head is made out of bread, which he can use to feed those who are hugry.

Anpanman functions similarly to Isabelle in 3DS/Wii U, he'll take off parts of his head and throw them around the battlefield for fighters to eat. Anpanman will regenerate all of his head parts before disappearing

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I have a quick question

Can we submit non-cartoon or anime series that have cartoon or anime adaptations or spinoffs?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I have a quick question

Can we submit non-cartoon or anime series that have cartoon or anime adaptations or spinoffs?
If the animated adaptation is equally or better known, sure. (for example most 80s cartoons and their toys, a Disney film and it's folk story, or DreamWorks Dragons and it's novels)

If the original intepretation is much better known (for example the Real Ghostbusters, Sonic SatAM, or Beetlejuice), then no.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
"What do you mean, Sakurai-san? Smash is going to skip a whole generation? That's our top seller! The Switch 2's success is dependant on it!"

"Yes, I'm adamant. I need to take a break. Make a spin-off to fill the gap for all I care! Go against all my wishes, Smash just isn't doing it for me anymore"

"Spin-off... going against Sakurai's wishes... hmm... I've got an idea!"

(credit to CristianDarkraDx2496 on DeviantArt)
Animated Smash Bros!

In a twist that has shocked the entire gaming scene (especially companies looking to promote their latest titles), Smash has been reanimated with cartoon chaos and anime action! Not a single Mario, Sonic, or Cloud can be seen - replaced with Saturday morning heroes and villains. Can we prove this is a worthwhile spin-off, or will this be seen as a ridiculous tonal shift on the level of Teen Titans Go or Loonatics Unleashed? only one way to find out, let's head for the inkwell and start painting a "whole new world" of Smash!

First, since this is a completely different origin medium and new roster we're working with, we have to set a LOT of rules - this might be a tricky read given how long it is and if there's opposition to any particular rule we can hold a vote on it

KNOWN INFO AND RULES:
  • The game will be mechanically identical to Ultimate, with the only exception being that it uses 2D animation on 3D stages instead of 3D models. Omegas and Battlefields are not featured
  • No one company or studio will be prioritised like Nintendo is in Smash.
  • Comedy and action characters are both viable
  • Adult cartoon characters are evaluated on a case-by-case basis of how censor-able they are. Rick, Peter Griffin, or Cartman would probably not be included but Hank Hill, Bob Belcher, or Beavis and Butthead would likely be fine and Homer is confirmed. Unless the character is rejected for being too sexualised they should be fine as ATs or other non-playable roles. (Sorry, Lucoa fans)
  • Preschool characters are allowed, but to prevent any brand image conflicts and appeal to our pre-teen-and-up demographic they must have existed for quite some time (Blue's Clues, Peppa Pig, or Dora would be allowed. Paw Patrol, PJ Masks, or Bluey would not.)
  • Characters from feature length movies are allowed.
  • Characters from web series are allowed as long as they or their series isn't derivative of a copyrighted work. (Homestar Runner, Battle for Dream Island, and RWBY would be allowed, SMG4 would not.) Webcomics are not. (Sorry Homestuck fans.)
  • Advertising mascots are not allowed.
  • Puppets and cosumed characters are not allowed, but stop motion and claymation characters (for example Coraline, Gumby, Jack Skellington or Wallace and Gromit) are.
  • Some series and franchises will get multiple fighters, but this is kept to a minimum
  • Comic characters (both newspaper and superhero) and manga characters are viable for inclusion.
  • Main protagonists should be prioritised, but exceptions can be made if the protagonists don't have much to work with or are heavily overshadowed in popularity (for example Reptar over Tommy Pickles or Dr. Doofenshmirtz over Phineas)
  • Animated versions of game characters are not allowed (Sorry, Robotnik fans)
  • Elements from live action or game media starring these characters is allowed but should not be prioritised unless stated otherwise.

FIGHTERS (5/6?)
  1. Mickey Mouse
  2. Bugs Bunny
  3. SpongeBob
  4. Homer Simpson
  5. Goku

ITEMS:
  1. Assist Trophy
  2. Smash Ball

STAGES:
  1. Final Destination
  2. Battlefield

ASSIST TROPHIES:
TBD
But Tari would count right?
Let me just put my roster here: (its not perfect i know)
Mickey Mouse
Minnie Mouse
Donald Duck
Goofy
Pete
Bugs Bunny
Daffy duck
Elmer fudd
Tazmanian Devil
Spongebob
Patrick
Squidward
Plankton
Timmy Turner
Ben 10
Power puff girls
Finn+ Jake
Steven
Dipper and Mabel
Bill Cipher
Homer
Bart+Lisa
Kenny (i mean hes less adult than Cartman)
Bojack Horse man (i just heard the show is good)
Goku (Gt Version) Base Ssj and SSj 4
Vegeta Base God and God Blue
Piccolo
Kuririn
Naruto
Luffy
Edward elric
Blitzo
Tari
I decided to give the starting franchises Multiple chars! I picked Gt goku to represent both og, z and gt!

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Assist Trophies

Kubo (Kubo and the 2 strings)

Once summoned he starts to play his shamisen, This causes a bunch of origami cranes to form a wave that pushes opponents

Nano & Hakase (Nichijou)

They both spawn in and Hakase goes into the background and cheers Nano on.
Nano has a few abilities
Machine Gun: Nano fires her Soy-bean Machine Gun
Super Throw: Nano throws a ball incredibly hard at an opponent
Sweet Bun: She spawns a sweet bun that can be eaten by anyone
She can also fly.

Before she leaves she either gives a Sweet Roll to Hakase or she trips and causes a Massive Explosion.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Gonna try and revitalise this thread a little

Just found this on 4Chan, people are taking it as a joke luckily but if more reputable sources come out that could spell bad news.

➡Next Smash game is in the early conceptualisation stages.
➡Will feature a completely revamped roster with cartoon and anime characters, no returning characters.
➡Sakurai is not involved, development is being handled by an indie studio with some Smash Bros. Infinite and Mario Kart 9 alumni.
➡Rights from Disney, Nickelodeon, Warner Bros, and Toei Animation have been attained so far. In terms of specific characters I only know about Mickey and Goku right now.
➡Assist Trophies are back
➡2D graphics.

Reception from the few who actually believe the leak is not positive - a lot of anime fans are not happy about having to share such a big crossover with American characters and Smash diehards are upset about the inclusion of non-game characters at all. Let's not let this get us down, we can prove 'em all wrong once we reveal the game - Mario + Rabbids turned out fine, why won't this?

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
Job #3:

Bear Stack (We Bear Bears)
BEE7C4FD-7075-4B55-9098-BBD4DFE1E01C.jpeg

We Bear Bears is a modern Cartoon Network show about three bears who are brothers and live together. (just don’t ask why they’re three different types of bears and brothers). Anyways, they would charge forward in a stack, with Ice Bear (the one on the bottom) swinging an axe foward. Once they hit the edge of the stage, they turn around and start charging the other way. They can deal damage by charging into people.

Pegasus Seiya (Saint Seiya)

Pegasus Seiya is the main character of the anime series Saint Seiya. It’s one of the most popular anime of the 80s, but seeing as how there are so many different anime series to represent, I think being an assist trophy would fit the character.

Anyways, he would jump around the screen firing off a Pegasus Meteor Punch a couple of times on the ground.

603D4D4B-43F8-47FC-A77A-33F99B4754B5.jpeg

He would also punch a few times whenever he’s in the air.

Last edited:

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
(I apologize for posting twice in a row, but...)

Smashville: Bob’s Burgers
The restaurant from the show Bob’s Burgers and the house of the Belcher family. I think it would work best to have the series represented just in stages, because while the characters could work, it would be a bit of a stretch and they wouldn’t exactly have much to work with.

Anyways, we can have cameos from the entire Belcher family and other side characters could sometimes come to watch you fight on the street in front of the restaurant. It would be a simple stage, but good to represent the series.

Also, in the series the sign of the store on the right changes at the start of each episode, as an opening gag not unlike the couch gags of The Simpsons. So, I think we should have a list of stores or businesses from each universe and have the sign change to reference a random one of those stores each time. So the sign could change to The Krusty Krab, Kwik-E Mart or Capsule Corp each time just to name a few, and as a small bonus for fans they could see those businesses competing with Bob’s Burgers.

(also we wouldn’t make the meth joke in our game btw)

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Submissions are now closed for the Smashville replacement. Please vote for only one that isn't your own, and remember this will disconfirm characters from the winning series.

-Pingu
-Roger Rabbit
-Disney Parks
-Total Drama
-Bob's Burgers

Top Bottom