• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Question: Would you like if Namco develope the future Animal Crossing and it looks more like Go Vacation?

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Holy crap I just looked up the Go Vacation game.

50 minigames, 4 player split screen free roaming around beautiful landscapes (walking,swimming,driving,riding), AND you can use your miis and dress em up in crazy outfits and swimwear!?!
WHY ISN'T THIS GAME GETTING MORE ATTENTION!?!
It's like the City Trial mode of Kirby Air Ride, mixed with wii sports resort, except you can actually explore the island!

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Now you understand! My idea for a future Animal Crossing is this: You can compete against the characters in various trials. By beating them you can gain their extimation and their frierndship. But if you exceed too much in winning against the same characters they will feel humiliated and leave the village. Which is a convenient way to get rid of the characters you don't like and replace them with new ones.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I guess Go Vacation sounds nice... but for me, I want a town editor before I arrive to town. I wish that cat Rover would ask me what my town looks like and I would draw a map of what my town looks like. I hate getting random towns that don't appeal to me... so I am tolerating the town I have now. This is my criteria for my dream town:

- a long winding river that goes in all four directions before it heads south to the waterfall
- a waterfall that faces south (CHECK)
- have access to both beaches that are separated by the waterfall (CHECK)
- at least three ponds (CHECK)
- one pond next to the Re-Tail store (CHECK)
- one pond next to the town hall
- one pond behind my house - so I can pretend it's my backyard pool
- the plaza in the center of the town OR right next to the west or east coast (CHECK)
- the town hall north of the central plaza OR next to the coastal plaza
- the Re-Tail store right next to the slope that leads to the west or east coast
- my house near the river where it turns west or east (CHECK)

And there needs to be an option to change your character name, your town name, and your face. How about a court house so you can "legally" rename your avatar and town... and an animal surgeon to change your face that you got from answering Rover's questions to something else that you feel like seeing. In other words, I want MORE customization options and more freedom to change things on my whim. I would sell a bunch of insects, fish, and fossils for a lot of Bells to pay for those changes.

Spire

III
BRoomer
If I could request one thing in the next Animal Crossing installment, it's the ability to grow vegetables. I want to grow a garden of pumpkins, carrots, onions, radishes, potatoes, spinach, garlic, and hell, watermelons. Also: Avocado Trees Please!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Animal Crossing reminds me a lot of harvest moon, though I feel like I am doing more in harvest moon

In harvest moon, I spent most of my day catching bugs and fish...BUT I also had cows, sheep, Llamas and vegtables

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Arcadenik said:
and an animal surgeon to change your face that you got from answering Rover's questions to something else that you feel like seeing.
So basically plastic surgery?

Welp, sucks for whoever didn't look up a face guide. :p

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Not sure what difference it would make if Namco developed an Animal Crossing game (besides small nods to their franchises, for one). That side of Nintendo needs to be a bit more ambitious with their games. Nintendo Land is possibly their best work along with Wii Sports Resort and the recent New Leaf.

Mitsuo

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3969-4738-3710
Actually, if I may; I enjoyed the recent edition of Tortimer's Island, especially since it felt like I was able to not only reach a broadened community that was once so limited by the sharing of Friend Codes, but it also gave my friends and I something to do besides the old fishing and bug catching competitions.

As far as adding so many mini-games like Go Vacation, that might be a step too far, but having those types of innovated and exciting games would defiantly be better than harder versions of the same game with little to no extra rewards. In conclusion, having more variety without sacrificing pre-installed concepts of what Animal Crossing should really be, a life sim, would absolutely make the next game in the franchise the best selling yet.

Mizuxe

Smash Cadet
It would be cool if it was like Go Vacation, but I really just want an Animal Crossing game with more wide open towns, more places, to go, etc. More events and items wouldn't be bad either ;)

Top Bottom