• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing New Travels Creation Thread (Reboot From Venus' Idea)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
downloadfile-37.jpg

We received a piece of mail from one Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom .

It states that there was a blessing sent for the continuing of a long forgotten project relating to the development and revitalization of a new city planning project.

Animal Crossing New Travels

As stated previously Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom gave me permission to reboot his old Animal Crossing 6 thread and reboot it. With the success of New Horizons being one of the best selling games on Switch, a sequal would be inevitable. However the fanbase has complained how some issues such as a slower pace and more tamer writing have made the game not feel the same. And so it's high time that we create that both continues from where New Horizons got off while also traveling closer to the roots of the franchise.

This thread will focus on new animal species, furniture sets, villagers, establishments, and new ways for holidays to work and then some.

Yes Yes, but what about certain erm... assets.

There will be an attempt to have a large amount of new and old established in this thread, with a large focus on new ideas and returning old ideas, this will make it all the more enjoyable, I say this thread is the skies the limit.

Job 1 and/or 2 will be posted shortly.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
New Features
New Species:

Alpacas
Lizards
Villagers:
NPCs/Shopowners:
Furniture:
Biomes:

Forests are the biome that is closest to what a traditional Animal Crossing town would be like, they have moderate temperature, good climate, a good amount of trees and other resources with its comfortable climate being favored by all animals.

Bugs:

River Fish :

Lake Fish:

Ocean Fish:

Deep Sea:
A tropical paradise with a healthy amount of summer rays, even in colder months you can always have ideal summer weather, this makes it popular with both laid back and sportish individuals.

Bugs:

River Fish:

Lake Fish:

Ocean Fish:

Deep Sea:
A bustling metropolis,what the City lacks in natural resources, it makes up for in its many shopping districts, compact and easy to navigate deisgn, and exciting night life that makes it popular with wealthy and snooty villagers.

Bugs:

River Fish:

Lake Fish:

Ocean Fish:

Deep Sea:
A more rougher environment, the intense heat makes it a no go for snow, and trees arnt common, however there is a good amount of cactuses and shrubs, and it is a place favored by those who are more adventurous or hardy.
Bugs:

River Fish:

Lake Fish:

Ocean Fish:

Deep Sea:
A mountainous region with a more colder climate, and an unfavorable place for cold blooded creatures, Bamboo Forests provide a unique mix of flaura, fauna, and is a great place for winter.
Bugs:

River Fish:

Lake Fish:

Ocean Fish:

Deep Sea:
Mechanics:

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 1 and 2
Submit a new animal species for a villager and promote a NPC exclusive species into a villager.

The rules are simple, submit a new animal species for the game, this can be any animal as long as its neither an invertebrate or fish. Alongside that promote a NPC exclusive species (owl, fox, raccoon, alpaca, etc) into a new species for the game as well.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
downloadfile-36.jpg

Meerkat
Meerkat would make a unique addition to the cast due to not having any tradition weasel like villagers, and meerkat have the more easy to work with body structure out of any weasel like animal.
downloadfile-31.jpg

Alpaca
Reese and Cyrus are my two personal favorite Animal Crossing NPCs and alpacas are awesome, and they need more love with there woolly heads giving them distinctive shapes.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Job 1: Crab

It would obviously have a more humanoid shape, but this would be really interesting. It's personality would have a fairly varied set of personalities, but some common ones are cranky and sisterly. The most uncommon ones are normal and snooty. It would just be really interesting.

Job 2: Lizard

I really like this animal. It would mostly consist of jock and lazy but not a lot of snooty.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Job 1: Crab

It would obviously have a more humanoid shape, but this would be really interesting. It's personality would have a fairly varied set of personalities, but some common ones are cranky and sisterly. The most uncommon ones are normal and snooty. It would just be really interesting.

Job 2: Lizard

I really like this animal. It would mostly consist of jock and lazy but not a lot of snooty.
Good choices but the crab is not allowed dhe to the job stating that no invertebrates are allowed

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
We have octopus villagers, and octopi are invertebrate, so that's why I submitted the crab.
I know but that's a special case as that's the only invertebrate villager and the least common, down the line I was planning a invertebrate job but right not only animals that have a vertebrae are allowed, if I dont get enough submissions I will allow the crab

Yiptap

Smash Lord
I know but that's a special case as that's the only invertebrate villager and the least common, down the line I was planning a invertebrate job but right not only animals that have a vertebrae are allowed, if I dont get enough submissions I will allow the crab
Fair enough, here's my new submission.

Job 1 (Redo): Orangutan

We've got monkeys and gorillas, so why not orangutans? They would have a lot of varied personalities, but if I had to give a least common personality, it would be cranky.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Entries

Meerkat
Ferret
Orangutan
Lizard
Alpaca
Seal

Vote for the top 3 in this list, you may vote for your own in 2nd place or lower

Job 3
Create the theme and tone of the game

Each game has had a different interpretation of living life in its gameplay

OG and Wild World had the most tradtional town gameplay

City Folk introduced a City to contrast with the more quaint town

New Leaf had you develop a town from the ground up as the mayor

New Horizons had you develop a deserted island into a paradise

Even Pocket Camp had you helping develop a campsite for others to enjoy

This job we will try to create what would be next theme and tone the game will follow, this will seep into the gameplay, you don't need to be descriptive and this may be quite cryptic, but all I'm asking is what is your interpretation of where this franchise should go next.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Lizard
Alpaca
Seal

Job 3

So my main issue with Aninal Crossing is that they dont show any villages in other environments, always the generic forest village (island village in New Horizons), what I liked about Happy Home Designer is that you could build houses in bamboo forests, deserts, and canyons, which I though was a cool feature they should keep.

To fit with the title of New Travels this game instead of developing a small town, has you developing a small nation, you do start out in the generic forest biome but you ten access other biomes for villagers to live in such as the returning tropical island and city, and new ones such as desert, bamboo forests, canyons, and caves, each with there own unique set of villagers to greet, creatures to catch, incarnations of special events to enjoy, and you can still develop the world like in New Horizons but now you have many more options at your fingertips.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Also in case this new job is too cryptic

Job 4

Submit a new fruit you can harvest from trees

This job has you submite a new fruit you can collect from trees, nothing special and you can submit whatever fruit you want as long as its edible in the real world.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
downloadfile-34.jpg

Plums

Each fruit has been park of the colors of the rainbow except for blue but blueberries arnt from trees.

Apple: Red
Orange: Duh?
Lemon: Yellow
Pear: Green

Plums would give a nice purple fruit to the game.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
1. Alpaca
2. Lizard
3. Seal

I was gonna submit a bustling city metropolis theme for Job 3, but Glubbfubb's idea is really good. Can't say I'm the greatest fan of the New Travels name, though. Feels to similar to New Horizons.

Job 3: Pineapples

Yes, I'm aware pineapples don't grow on trees, but one, this is Animal Crossing, two, they do in popular culture, and three, it would be hard to incorporate the plant pineapples grow from in Animal Crossing.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I was gonna submit a bustling city metropolis theme for Job 3, but Glubbfubb's idea is really good. Can't say I'm the greatest fan of the New Travels name, though. Feels to similar to New Horizons.

Job 3: Pineapples

Yes, I'm aware pineapples don't grow on trees, but one, this is Animal Crossing, two, they do in popular culture, and three, it would be hard to incorporate the plant pineapples grow from in Animal Crossing.
Yeah the name is a little lame yes, do you have a better name idea, I'm genuinely asking for your input, also there is voting to attend to.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I edited my post to include voting. And as for a name, I don't have any great ideas, though one idea I had was "Country Living".
We may have a job down the line where we decide a better name or keep the current one

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
It seems that Alpacas and Lizards are very neck and neck so I'm announcing that both species will be included into the game.

I'm going to open the other 2 jobs for a little more but if I don't get any responses in a few hours I will end the jobs and start voting, so that way the thread can have a brisk pace go by.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Plum
Kiwi
Pineapple

Vote for your top 2, you may vote for your own in last place.

And since no one else submitted a tone and theme for the game we will make this game focus on the establishment and upholding or a town across many different biomes.

Those Biomes being

Forest
Island
City
Desert
Bamboo Forest

And wait what's this

Job 5

Create a maximum of 2 biomes for this game to have.

This job entails that you create a biome that will be among the many you will encounter in this game, describe the enviorment biome in question, and also describe what the landscape would be like, what animals would favor this, and why it should be included. You may submit a maximum of two, and I'll describe the other biomes in detail later.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Forests are the biome that is closest to what a traditional Animal Crossing town would be like, they have moderate temperature, good climate, a good amount of trees and other resources with its comfortable climate being favored by all animals.

Bugs:

River Fish :

Lake Fish:

Ocean Fish:

Deep Sea:
A tropical paradise with a healthy amount of summer rays, even in colder months you can always have ideal summer weather, this makes it popular with both laid back and sportish individuals.

Bugs:

River Fish:

Lake Fish:

Ocean Fish:

Deep Sea:
A bustling metropolis,what the City lacks in natural resources, it makes up for in its many shopping districts, compact and easy to navigate deisgn, and exciting night life that makes it popular with wealthy and snooty villagers.

Bugs:

River Fish:

Lake Fish:

Ocean Fish:

Deep Sea:
A more rougher environment, the intense heat makes it a no go for snow, and trees arnt common, however there is a good amount of cactuses and shrubs, and it is a place favored by those who are more adventurous or hardy.
Bugs:

River Fish:

Lake Fish:

Ocean Fish:

Deep Sea:
A mountainous region with a more colder climate, and an unfavorable place for cold blooded creatures, Bamboo Forests provide a unique mix of flaura, fauna, and is a great place for winter.
Bugs:

River Fish:

Lake Fish:

Ocean Fish:

Deep Sea:
Here are the biomes available so far, use these as examples when submitting content.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
downloadfile-38.jpg

Caves
Caves would as the name suggests would be underground and feature houses carved into the rock and feature animals such as reptiles, bears, and octopi, and the glow of the stone will change depending on the season.
downloadfile-50.jpg

Swamp
Swamps are muggy and humid areas populated by frogs and other reptiles, this place has loads of large trees and mossy areas, and features a good variety of fish and bugs.

Top Bottom