• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Delayed to March 2020.
HD
Crafting?!?
Charter planes.
Island life.
POLE VAULTING!!!!

This one looks very very interesting. Sucks for the delay, but I’m watering at the mouth now. I am very excited.

Obligatory tag: Professor Pumpkaboo Professor Pumpkaboo

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
The game looks really amazing. Whew.

Crafting system looks great.

Emotes seem to be more organized and I think unlockable?

Map is also probably bigger than New Leaf, and maybe bigger than even City Folk. I sure hope so.

Grass deterioration seems to be gone.

It's got couch co-op and online multiplayer up to 8 players. Gonna be really fun.

Delayed release date is a shame, but I can understand. It's gonna be a while, but I can manage.

No Isabelle so far, probably is going to make a cameo of some sort as a lesser role, or she might end up being the player's assistant again.

All in all, the game is shaping out to be a really great game, and they're not even done with it yet. This made my E3, definitely.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
After watching the treehouse presentation, I can barely contain myself. This game is going to be the epitome of Animal Crossing. It caters to fans of every game.

The simplicity of the breeze going through the tree leaves it just beautiful.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Me too. No more waiting for something to be available at the store. Collect what you need now. I can’t wait to see more in the coming months.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm absolutely excited to watch the footage when I get home from work. It sounds fantastic.
If you were already an AC fan, you’ll be hyped af. If you weren’t, maybe this one will win you over. It looks so good. My heart dropped with delay, but watching the treehouse presentation just made me all that more excited.

I’m glad you don’t have to actually kill trees to get the crafting wood.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
If you were already an AC fan, you’ll be hyped af. If you weren’t, maybe this one will win you over. It looks so good. My heart dropped with delay, but watching the treehouse presentation just made me all that more excited.

I’m glad you don’t have to actually kill trees to get the crafting wood.
Oh I love AC! It's one of my favorites, and I'm very hyped to see the footage for this one.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
News that showed up a day ago
You know, I must've looked at that image at least a hundred times while looking at stuff and I never even noticed that. I think that is great. It is the small things that make a game like this great.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
You know, I must've looked at that image at least a hundred times while looking at stuff and I never even noticed that. I think that is great. It is the small things that make a game like this great.
Finallly, I can be black without having to burn myself like a piece of toast
Edit: Hair and faces arent separated by sex anymore

Last edited:

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
im not big on the minimalist trend its following for grapics and Ive played minecraft before and i used to like to come to animal crossing for a different experience

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
New News

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
We need something new and newsworthy for this game.
In advanced developing phase you can choose the style of your town, but this means only certain kinds of things fitting the style of your town will be available from the shops, clothes included.
However, you can import items from other towns with a different style, so they will be available in your town, but they will be more expensive.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
In advanced developing phase you can choose the style of your town, but this means only certain kinds of things fitting the style of your town will be available from the shops, clothes included.
However, you can import items from other towns with a different style, so they will be available in your town, but they will be more expensive.
That’s awesome. Source?

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
We also need some "less kind" tasks that explore more deeply the personality of the characters. Like:"I think Swipy stole my comic but I need proof. Can you snap a photo of him reading my comic?" or "I know Maple ad Syrup are murmuring at my back but they will never admit it. If you see them talking can record what they are saying on this little device?".

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I am going to spend so much time on this game the first week it comes out.

It's January already. We're almost there fellas, we're almost there.

Still no idea what to call my island though.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1st week? Assuming you do not time travel, you have at least a full year of new things to do.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I think I usually slowdown on Animal Crossing after I've gotten my town/island all ready, but you're right. The villagers will probably have new dialogue.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Are you still the mayor in this game? Can I charge taxes on my villagers? Tired of them expecting the city government to fund all major construction projects when our main source of income is from me selling fruit.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Are you still the mayor in this game? Can I charge taxes on my villagers? Tired of them expecting the city government to fund all major construction projects when our main source of income is from me selling fruit.
Unless they have been holding something back, it does not appear that you hold any kind of office. Tom Nook, naturally, is the financial dictator of the island.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Unless they have been holding something back, it does not appear that you hold any kind of office. Tom Nook, naturally, is the financial dictator of the island.
Me and the raccoon have had many business deals. Non of them fair, but sustainable.

I shall have him arrested for tax evasion, conspiracy to overthrow the current government, and use of unauthorized child labor with additional charges that I cant think of at the moment.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Me and the raccoon have had many business deals. Non of them fair, but sustainable.

I shall have him arrested for tax evasion, conspiracy to overthrow the current government, and use of unauthorized child labor with additional charges that I cant think of at the moment.
why do you think Nook flew you off the a deserted island? to dodge trouble

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
If you listen to the political debate in our village. It sounds like we have a failed society. But nothing could be further from the truth. Animal crossians are compassionate and hard working. We aren't failing, our politicians are failing. That's why I'm running for president. To end Mr. Nook's corporate takeover of government. And give more power to the villagers. That's how we'll win healthcare, fair wages, and clean air and water as a right.

I'm Chainz, and I approve this message.

Last edited:

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Just some cute New Horizons accessories...
1578713526121.png

1578713547387.png
1578713568190.png
1578713580979.png
1578713589435.png
1578713600718.png

1578713817362.png

I love the little Animal Crossing leaf zippers.

Also, here is a good video that talks about all the new stuff shown thus far:

LittleGamer

Smash Rookie
I would not wear the green bag of the last accessories pictures but at the same time I feel like I want to.

Also, I love the way the textures have more details in this entry. Look at the villagers, they look at bit like plushes ; the trees and fruits are more detailed, and the insects looks even more realistic than before.
I'm not sure I'll have many time to play but I sure will enjoy this one.

I hope the player still have some kind of power to customize the island / village. I loved this aspect in New Leaf.
Only thing that sadden me a bit : it seems that, as it's an island, there is no more "centre-ville" (dunno how it's called in english, the part with stores in New Leaf). I liked how it was made in New Leaf, how it evolved with time.

LipeCau

Smash Cadet
I'm really curious on how the shops are going to work. I hope you don't have to travel to a different area where the shops are.

LittleGamer

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't mind to be honest.

I can also imagine characters using boats to go to your island, like (with french names) Rounard (the Fox selling fake paintings) or Carla (the girafe). But we probably won't know before the game comes out.

Top Bottom