• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Ver. 2.0 is Out!

animal-crossing-2.0.jpg

Nintendo dropped the Animal Crossing: New Horizons version 2.0 up. What does this version include? A boatload of content. (Thanks, Animal Crossing World Blog!) These include: starting Group-stretching sessions and upgrading Harv's island. Not to mention the additions of fan favorites, Brewster and Kapp'n.

This gigantic update includes so much; we've put some of the highlights below:
  • Brewster can now open a cafe
    • Requires giving Brewster Gyroids
  • Gyroids can now get dug up
  • Kappn' can take players to mysterious islands
  • Blather offers special posters upon completion of Exhibit Rooms
  • Villagers can now visit inside your home by knocking
  • For a small fee of 100,00 bells, Leif will clean your weeds
  • Farming is now added
Animal Crossing: New Horizons and the 2.0 are available on the Nintendo Switch. Also, the Happy Home Paradise paid DLC will release on November 5th, 2021.

Author's Note: Okay, I might dust off my copy of Animal Crossing. What about you? Let us know below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Too bad that some of the new contents require you to purchase the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack (which costs $49.99 for a 1-year subscription) if you want to use them.

It's cuz nintendo is desperate to get people to "upgrade", the catch is....if you cancel your expansion pass, you cancel the AC dlc. you get to keep anything you got from it like furniture etc., but you lose access to the islands and the ability to build walls in your home iirc.

I have no intention of paying for their scam "expansion pass" and honestly I'm still pissed i'm paying for their ****ty normal service for switch online. if I didn't have smash I wouldn't pay it.

I did however just buy the ACNH DLC outright. I really want to add walls and other features to my home. This of course also means I really have no reason to get their ****ty expansion pass. My n64 still works. My wii, wii u, and 3DS all still work. I have no reason to pay for ****tier emulated version of al these games when I either have the upgrade on 3DS already, have the original on a cart, or have it on wii/wii u.

It's cuz nintendo is desperate to get people to "upgrade", the catch is....if you cancel your expansion pass, you cancel the AC dlc. you get to keep anything you got from it like furniture etc., but you lose access to the islands and the ability to build walls in your home iirc.
uh huh. would you cite your source?

uh huh. would you cite your source?

that's just one.

from what I've heard leading up to it's release, you keep any changes you made(like walls in your home) but can't build new ones. Even this response directly from nintendo is vague on whether you actually keep the ability, or lose it if you unsub, even if you keep the ones you built already.

Regardless, there's your source directly from the horses mouth. Buy it outright and save yourself the trouble. a one time purchase and you get permanent access, vs a monthly/yearly subscription that tacks on a few poorly emulated n64 games and sega genesis(loooool.....for those maybe what...? 4-5 people who played something on it other than sonic?) games, where you lose access to a lot of the AC DLC's features if you let the sub lapse or discontinue it....

I think it's pretty obvious which is the better option.

Maybe if nintendo actually put some real improvements into their online with this "expansion" it might be worth it. But right now, NSO still sucks, it's still a downgrade from what we got on wii/wii u/3DS, and it's still far far FAR behind what sony and Microsoft offer.

that's just one.

from what I've heard leading up to it's release, you keep any changes you made(like walls in your home) but can't build new ones. Even this response directly from nintendo is vague on whether you actually keep the ability, or lose it if you unsub, even if you keep the ones you built already.

Regardless, there's your source directly from the horses mouth. Buy it outright and save yourself the trouble. a one time purchase and you get permanent access, vs a monthly/yearly subscription that tacks on a few poorly emulated n64 games and sega genesis(loooool.....for those maybe what...? 4-5 people who played something on it other than sonic?) games, where you lose access to a lot of the AC DLC's features if you let the sub lapse or discontinue it....

I think it's pretty obvious which is the better option.

Maybe if nintendo actually put some real improvements into their online with this "expansion" it might be worth it. But right now, NSO still sucks, it's still a downgrade from what we got on wii/wii u/3DS, and it's still far far FAR behind what sony and Microsoft offer.
you do know thats just one person in a support centre who may not have all the information?

Top Bottom