• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Animal Crossing: Let's Explore!

Which special character should we include?

• Jackie (Jaguar)

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Ranger (Golden Eagle)

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will commence voting for the project title. We have:

Let’s Explore
Small Person, Big World

Please vote for the one you like. Myself and Glubbfubb Glubbfubb are exempt from voting as it contains our own submissions.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will be closing down our submissions for a Furniture Series early. Here is the results...

Which furniture series should we include?
  • Beans
    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Skateboard
    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Farm
    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Total voters 5
With that in mind, The Farm Furniture Series will be added into the game. We will continue to take votes for the title until tomorrow morning (EST). I will be posting our new job then.

I will be replacing our previous poll with the one to decide our new special character. Once again, we have two submissions (from the same people!):

Job #6: Submit a Special Character

In the same vein as previous characters like Isabelle, Tom Nook, Cyrus & Reese, Orville and Wilbur; we are adding a character that has a particular function for our new game. These characters are typically tied to the gimmick surrounding the game they debut in with Isabelle handling mayor-type functions such as public works while Tom Nook served as a way for players to pay off their debts in the first games. Likewise, Cyrus & Reese served as a Reseller recycle shop and the two Dodos allowed players to get off their island and to go to other ones.

Since our game typically functions players :exploring: different biomes to find treasures, our Special Character should reflect this. There should be a particular reason why this character is included that allows the player to be able to do something ONLY in this game. Like I said, previously, we couldn't fly off the island until we got the two dodos. That being said, a submission that is something like "This character allows you to sell something" or "go on a boat" isn't going to be eligible as we could do that before. Finally, it should be based on an animal specie snot yet available as a villager or special character much like how we have had them in the past.

When submitting, please provide the name of the character, gender, the species it belongs to, where it can be found, and what sort of function it serves.

Jackie
Species: Jaguar
Can be Found: A tent based on the biome she is found in

Jackie is an explorer who can be found at first in your town upon starting. Once a certain amount of quests are performed to get her set up, she will start a Jackie's Explorer's Brigade, a explorer group who seeks out fame and riches in different biomes. She will often task the player in finding treasures and relics in biomes and completing certain tasks which in turn opens up biomes for the player in their town. Once building up this biome in their town, she will then fly off to search for other places to explore. Once she does, she will return back and give passage to players to open up those biomes as well.

She also functions as an appraiser who will take and inspect relics to ensure they are display worthy which can then be donated to the museum once it is expanded. Beyond working as a explorer guide and appraiser, she also sells adventure gear such as the following:

• Tents (to save)
  • Campfires
  • Rations
  • Water bottles
  • Canteens
  • Fire starters
  • Compass (to know where you need to go in a biome)
  • Maps (mark important places as you explore)
  • Rope
  • Medicine
  • Walkie Talkie (to contact her to go back home)
Her tent corresponds to the biome so its a traditional camouflage in the jungle, hues of yellow, brown, and orange in the savannah, and so on.
Ranger
Species: Golden Eagle
The head park ranger, Ranger is responsible for the upkeep and health of the many biomes you explore in this game, a bit of a stickler her hates it when people put their trash in the wilderness. He sometimes hires people to pick up trash for him in a minigame and when completed gives you Ranger Badges to spend on camping gear. He also replaces Phineas as the badge giver giving badges for ocmoelting certain tasks. Once collecter enough badges he will open up and give you seeds that allow you to plant rare flowers. He also would task you as rangers as well to play other minigames like setting up tents for new campers, clearing campers of roaches, and stopping flea and tick infestations.

New Name
Small Person, Big World
Just thought it felt and sounded nice
The poll will be featured at the top of the thread.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Animal Crossing 6 has been renamed Animal Crossing: Let's Explore!

Jackie the Jaguar will be our new special character!

Job #7: Submit a Tee Design

We will be submitting a T-shirt design. You can based it either on a general design that isn't currently in the game or you can base it on a design of your own creation. Please give it a name and a price in bells.

Job #8: Submit a Headpiece

We will be submitting some that is not in the game that can be worn on the head regardless if its a hat, glasses, jewelry, or something of that nature. Please provide the name, appearance, and its price in bells.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will shelf this in favor of doing a Biome job. I might try to rework that so we have some ideas to draw from…

Job #8: Submit an Exploration Area and Biome

This biome can be opened up as an initial exploitable area once a certain requirement is fulfilled to Jackie. Once the place is exploitable, players must traverse it and collect things, solves puzzles, and obtain treasure before the that area can be added as an additional biome to your town. Three biomes per town are allowed.
  • Submit a Biome and it’s name
  • How it looks
  • What explorers you can meet here to bring to your town
  • What special characters (if any) you can meet
  • What items (fruit, rocks, etc) can be found here
  • What insects of fish can be found here
  • What treasure, relics, statues for the museum can be found here
  • Places of interest

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
download (1).jpeg

Bamboo Forests
As one of the biomes shown to be able to move into at Happy Home Designer, this location would be a mountainous area with influence by Chinese, Japanese, and Korean architecture. The many cliffs and ravines would be difficult to traverse as some bridges are broken down. However sprinkled throughout the area are special shrines and if you donate 10 Bells to these shrines a special character will appear
images.jpeg

Serena, formally the spirit of the fountain in Cyty Folk is now a shrine spirit, she will help you discover the many mystical secrets in this area. My donating to her shrines she can warp you between the normal world and spirit world or offer you special and rare furniture in exchange for gyroids. In the spirit world you can collect wandering souls which offer you Spirit Powder for catching them which are special crafting ingredients that not only allow you to create a unqiue Ghost Themed furniture set but also create special tiles that let you create and replace the broken bridges scattered around the area.

In the spirit world you will also find another person interested in investigating the paranormal oddities if this place
images (1).jpeg

Jack appears randomly in the spirit world practicing for the next halloween. He is also interested in the culture of this area and wishes to speak with the wandering spirits, you can do this by placing gyroids around the area in the normal world, this results in the spirits possessing them and becoming living statues in the spirit world which you can talk and interact to like villagers, certain living statues are actually the dead relatives of some villagers living in your town and you can even see some villagers paying there respects a specifc gyroid for some reason. By placing a certain amount of gyroids Jack will give you various strange trinkets he found which are actually vintage artifacts of various shrine related items such as a feudal japan era talisman and a terracotta soilder which can be donated to the museum.

Now in terms of villagers that favor this area, Bears, Anteaters, Rabbits, Octopi, Spiders, Cows, Monkeys, and Wolves seems to really like this area.

As the name suggest the bamboo forest is filled with bamboo, which also means you can find a lot of bamboo shoots. Fitting its places as an Asian inspired area you can fish and catch various bugs and fish from east asian countries such as the Koi, Giant Hornet, Giant Walking Stick, and Orchid Mantis, among others. You can also dig up the side of rivers to collect rice, a new item that let's you craft various rice mesh items such as screens.

And that's all I really have on my many ideas for bamboo forests.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’ll be submitting the Savana.

The Savana is a dry biome with dry grasses and sparse vegetation. Various insects such as locusts, beetles, bees, butterflies, ants, and scorpions can be found here as can watermelon which can be plucked and then harvested for its seeds. The Savana has several ruins that dot the area which can be further explored by diving into their depths. Ancient pottery and statues can be discovered in its depths as well as relics of war and conquest. Animals typically common in Savana biomes/Africa like lions, zebras, hippos, crocodiles, gorillas, antelopes, rhinos, elephants and Buffalo can be found here. Gracie and Sahara might pop up every so often as well

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mostly it’s just us submitting stuff. I can keep it going but I would rather to see others submit things as well. I’m going to debate about continuing it.

That being said, what are jobs people are interested in doing?

airConditioner

Smash Ace
i like the bug catching and fish catching and diving so i want to expand those to more species

we got like 12 species of beetle in new horizons but only 1 spider (called spider) and tarantula (called tarantula)

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I want the ability to have a roommate and become close freinds with them

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
i like the bug catching and fish catching and diving so i want to expand those to more species

we got like 12 species of beetle in new horizons but only 1 spider (called spider) and tarantula (called tarantula)
That is something I am very big on. This actually was originally gonna be a thread just to expand that Fish/Bug/Diving encyclopedia.

I want the ability to have a roommate and become close freinds with them
That's not really a job though. That's some more inline with gameplay mechanics. What I am talking about is a job prompt that people have an interest in joining other than just 2 people. My previous one, no one including me joined in. The most recent one was just you and I.

While I would like to continue this project, I have no interest if just two people are adding content. I would like to create engaging and fun prompts for people to submit for. Probably at this rate, I will drop the project.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
That is something I am very big on. This actually was originally gonna be a thread just to expand that Fish/Bug/Diving encyclopedia.

That's not really a job though. That's some more inline with gameplay mechanics. What I am talking about is a job prompt that people have an interest in joining other than just 2 people. My previous one, no one including me joined in. The most recent one was just you and I.

While I would like to continue this project, I have no interest if just two people are adding content. I would like to create engaging and fun prompts for people to submit for. Probably at this rate, I will drop the project.
If you want a job prompt idea how about more amiibk characters, that was a very cool retures from new leaf that should be brought back

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If you want a job prompt idea how about more amiibk characters, that was a very cool retures from new leaf that should be brought back
I'm sorry but what? I don't understand what you meant.

As for jobs, I am thinking of either doubling up on jobs to give people more things to pick from or, and this might take longer, have people vote on the next job.

That being said, I want to do a job that I feel might go over better than just having the same two people join in...

Job ##9: Submit Two Fruit Trees

We will be submitting at most two new fruit trees that correspond to a particular biome. This tree CAN ONLY be grown in a particular biome and first must be harvested when exploring a certain area, like the desert areas. This can then be brought as the fruit and then planted in the biome if it exists in the town.

To explain it further:
unlock the desert area so it can be explored
harvest the fruit from whatever
bring it back
unlock that desert biome and then plant it in the desert biome
Please post the picture, the name of the fruit, and what biome it belomngs to. Your two fruits can't correspond to a particualr biome. As for a biome, here are ones we have. This is not the definitive list:

• Bamboo Forest
  • Desert
  • Savana
  • Haunted Woods
  • Alpine
  • Rainforest
  • Tundra

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion

As for jobs, I am thinking of either doubling up on jobs to give people more things to pick from or, and this might take longer, have people vote on the next job.

That being said, I want to do a job that I feel might go over better than just having the same two people join in...

We will be submitting at most two new fruit trees that correspond to a particular biome. This tree CAN ONLY be grown in a particular biome and first must be harvested when exploring a certain area, like the desert areas. This can then be brought as the fruit and then planted in the biome if it exists in the town.

To explain it further:

Please post the picture, the name of the fruit, and what biome it belomngs to. Your two fruits can't correspond to a particualr biome. As for a biome, here are ones we have. This is not the definitive list:

• Bamboo Forest
  • Desert
  • Savana
  • Haunted Woods
  • Alpine
  • Rainforest
  • Tundra
I mean in new leaf in the welcome amiibo update you can summon special villagers using amiibo and the villagers will be based on the amiibo such as summoning wolf link and ganon

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I mean in new leaf in the welcome amiibo update you can summon special villagers using amiibo and the villagers will be based on the amiibo such as summoning wolf link and ganon
Ok, now I get it but I question whether this is something the thread would be interested in implementing and then including as a group. Based on what I see, not to many people are interested in submitting stuff so I don't feel as motivated to continue the project,

airConditioner

Smash Ace

To explain it further:

• Bamboo Forest
  • Desert
  • Savana
  • Haunted Woods
  • Alpine
  • Rainforest
  • Tundra
two returning fruits

banana (rainforest)
1648147621663.png

🐒

persimmons (savanna)

i don't think they're actually in savannas but it's the closest i could get to the usda zones. persimmons r my favorite fruit, especially the fuyu variety

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will be submitting the following:

1648148241644.png

Passion Fruit

This is full in the desert biome and appears on a cactus plant.

1648148596621.png

Coffee Bean
This sun loving plant doesn't grow as high but it produces a lot of coffee beans. It is found in the Rainforest biome.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will open up submissions for an extra two fruits for those interested. We are doing an "All in" policy for those submitted due to a lack of content.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
download (3).jpeg

Plum
Savanna
I like plums, so I think they would be cool to be added

download (4).jpeg

Cocoa Bean
Jungle
Cocoa Beans are unqiue, they make chocolate, and they are a unqiue plant to include in jungles

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will accept the following submissions...

two returning fruits

banana (rainforest)
View attachment 348444
🐒

persimmons (savanna)

i don't think they're actually in savannas but it's the closest i could get to the usda zones. persimmons r my favorite fruit, especially the fuyu variety
I will be submitting the following:

View attachment 348446
Passion Fruit

This is full in the desert biome and appears on a cactus plant.

View attachment 348447
Coffee Bean
This sun loving plant doesn't grow as high but it produces a lot of coffee beans. It is found in the Rainforest biome.
View attachment 348565
Plum
Savanna
I like plums, so I think they would be cool to be added

View attachment 348567
Cocoa Bean
Jungle
Cocoa Beans are unqiue, they make chocolate, and they are a unqiue plant to include in jungles
  • Banana
  • Persimmoms
  • Passion Fruit
  • Coffee Bean
  • Plum
  • Cocoa Bean

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submit a New Freshwater Fish and Submit a New Saltwater Fish

Both of these fish must be found by fishing for them using the fishing pole. This can be a fish but can also be other aquatic animals such as turtles, octopi, etc. Please indiciate the following in your submission:

• Name
  • Picture
  • Size
  • Location in Village
  • Location in Biome
  • Months in can be found
  • Time it can be found
  • Selling Price
  • Any relevant information

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submit an Attraction

This can be any sort of attraction of any type. Please describe how it works and what pieces we need to collect.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Lungfish - Wikipedia

Freshwater Fish
Lungfish
medium-sized
found in rivers in the savanna and desert biomes.
560 Bells
Found in Feburary-April
It is found to be more likely in more shallow areas.

Blobfish - Untamed Science

Saltwater Fish
Blobfish
medium-sized
found on beaches in all biomes, but only when it is windy.
5000 bells
If you carry a blobfish, you will leave behind a small trail of slime.

Top Bottom