• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Animal Crossing coming to Switch 2019!!

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It is official (if not old news at this point) that Animal Crossing is coming to Switch in 2019. Here is the video in which Nook announced it after Isabelle's Smash reveal:

Use this thread to discuss your hopes and wants for the new Animal Crossing

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
How would you feel if they mixed HHD in with it? Like, you make the Homes for the villagers then they move in and at the end of the day, you go back to your home and do the normal Animal Crossing stuff
I actually never got into HHD. I wouldn't mind it, as long as it wasn't something we had to do. Make it an optional "side quest" or job.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I actually never got into HHD. I wouldn't mind it, as long as it wasn't something we had to do. Make it an optional "side quest" or job.
Maybe it could like the campsite or RV. They move into the tent or RV and when you say "move in", you get the option of "Make their house for them" or " Let them move in as they want"

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Maybe it could like the campsite or RV. They move into the tent or RV and when you say "move in", you get the option of "Make their house for them" or " Let them move in as they want"
I'd be ok with that.

I'm really looking forward to seeing beautiful HD rendering this time. I'd also hope the scale of your own town is significantly increased.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I'd be ok with that.

I'm really looking forward to seeing beautiful HD rendering this time. I'd also hope the scale of your own town is significantly increased.
oh yess, I so look forward to seeing animal Crossing on my TV. As much as I think it works better on handheld, I think im pretty stoked to play it on switch.

Hopefully you can just change your skin in the beginning like Pocket Camp

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
oh yess, I so look forward to seeing animal Crossing on my TV. As much as I think it works better on handheld, I think im pretty stoked to play it on switch.

Hopefully you can just change your skin in the beginning like Pocket Camp
I miss playing it on TV. It's been what.....over 10 years since City Folk now. It'll be good to be able to put it up on the big screen again. And, of course, it'll be nice to take it on the go when I need/want to.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I made a reference to my town once as a joke, I named it Starnut, I brought it up to a friend and she was like "Animal Crossing? What's that?"

Needless to say, we don't talk anymore :troll: sike obviously

I wonder what the "new" thing of this game will be. Will they bring back being mayor? Or are they going to add something more? Being mayor added a lot of depth because now you could customize your town, ranging from the layout to actual gameplay as you could make shops open earlier or later. That's why I think maybe like jobs could be a thing? Even if it's just a few occupations, having the choice between being mayor or designing homes like HHD, that'd be really cool imo.

I definitely think there's going to be a skin option as well. Some of the Villager and PT alts in Smash got changed to be darker or tan so I think this is something Nintendo might have in mind. Definitely hyped for Animal Crossing... almost more than Smash LOL

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I wonder what the "new" thing of this game will be. Will they bring back being mayor? Or are they going to add something more? Being mayor added a lot of depth because now you could customize your town, ranging from the layout to actual gameplay as you could make shops open earlier or later. That's why I think maybe like jobs could be a thing? Even if it's just a few occupations, having the choice between being mayor or designing homes like HHD, that'd be really cool imo.
Different job "classes" would be nice. I'm hoping for a lot more control over character customization.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I made a reference to my town once as a joke, I named it Starnut, I brought it up to a friend and she was like "Animal Crossing? What's that?"

Needless to say, we don't talk anymore :troll:sike obviously

I definitely think there's going to be a skin option as well. Some of the Villager and PT alts in Smash got changed to be darker or tan so I think this is something Nintendo might have in mind. Definitely hyped for Animal Crossing... almost more than Smash LOL
I know Id pick the house building job for sure but the problem is if it works like normal jobs, you would have to wake up early to go to work ulness it works like HHD where you can start the job any time of the day and work ends when you finish up a house

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The drought is real.

I’d even take Animal Crossing on the GameCube Classic Edition.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
so E3 is very soon let's hope we get news
Yes! I need Animal Crossing for the Switch. I am so tired of Pocket Camp and how stingy it is with Leaf Tickets and Reissue Materials.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
You can now date the villagers.

But for real, i hope they make some sort of backpack to add more inventory space :T

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
You can now date the villagers.

But for real, i hope they make some sort of backpack to add more inventory space :T
Or do what Pocket Camp do. Stack bugs and fish. You already could do that with fruit.

Top Bottom