• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Angry Birds Fling into Battle! - Angry Birds Support Thread!

DoctorProctor

Smash Cadet

Angry Birds is the most famous mobile game ever created. That’s basically a unanimous fact; name one mobile game that has even been close to it in popularity other than something like Minecraft.

I’m bringing this up because when it comes to the Smash speculation scene, these guys are literally nonexistent.

Keep in mind that the Angry Birds are characters that literally anybody can see and instantly recognize, young and old. Even 70 year olds will know, “Yeah, those are the Angry Birds from that iPad game!” Now what are other characters in Smash that are so widely known that even your parents would recognize them? Mario, Pikachu, Pac-Man, Sonic, Donkey Kong (or at least his old design). And who else? Maybe Link if your parents are cool enough. But that’s probably it.

Angry Birds are about as well-known as video game characters come, and yet they are absent from Smash. Let’s change that.

And since Rovio has made several Angry Birds games and ports on Nintendo consoles, I’m sure they’re fine with it.

How would the Angry Birds work in Smash?

Now this is one of the most difficult franchises to represent in Smash due to one thing: They have no arms or legs. Their more recent games feature arms and legs, but this is not their most iconic form.

If Sakurai wanted to, he could add them with their “arms and legs” design, and it could still work; however right now I’m going to see how they could work without them.

But first, here’s their “gimmick”: Switching birds.

You play as Red, the main mascot of Angry Birds. He’s the main alt. However, if you use your down special, you switch into one of 7 birds: Chuck (Yellow), Bomb (Black), Blue, Pink, White, and Orange. It’s kind of like Pokemon Trainer.

However, each bird has the same neutral moves. Their only differences (aside from sound effects and appearance) is their Side Special, which is the next trait of the Angry Birds.

Side Special is to use the bird you’re playing as’ special ability from the original games.

Yellow Bird’s “Charge” move is his side special; it is similar to a move such as Wonderwing, but weaker and unlimited.

Black Bird’s “Bomb” side special move creates an explosion; this could either be similar to Kamikazee and cost a stock, or it could be used multiple times, but recharge.

Blue Birds’ side special makes them split into three; this would create two identical CPU Blue Birds next to the player that copy their every move, but they disappear after being hit several times or after a few seconds.

White Bird’s “Egg” side special makes them jump up automatically and forcefully drop an exploding egg down, launching the player higher into the air; this would be a great way to recover.

Pink Bird creates bubbles with her side special; this would trap items and players in bubbles temporarily until popping or until the players start mashing their controllers.

And Orange Bird’s side special causes him to forcefully inflate; this can knock enemies to the ground, could act as a pseudo-shield, and would damage nearby enemies as well as reflect projectiles if timed right. He’ll deflate after a small amount of time.

All bird’s up special recoveries would be the Slingshot; this would create a slingshot that the bird jumps into, and the bird can be aimed in any direction with the B button being held; when released, it will shoot the bird in whatever direction they are being aimed at. This is slightly similar to how Ness hits himself with PK Thunder; it can be in any direction and does damage. Unlike PK Thunder this does not make the bird helpless.

Neutral Special for all birds is something I am not sure about; I’m thinking it could be one of the power-ups from the newer Angry Birds updates.

Of course, moves could be taken from Angry Birds Epic as well.

Final Smash would be the Mighty Eagle of course.

Their stage would be a stage from Angry Birds, likely a pig fortress on Poached Eggs.

And the music would obviously include the Main Theme of Angry Birds, but also Angry Birds Space’s music, songs and a medley from Angry Birds Seasons, Angry Birds Go! music, and maybe music from Bad Piggies!

Thank you so much for reading and your support! Here’s to hoping the Birds will fly into battle against other big-name game characters!

Last edited:

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
And the music would obviously include the Main Theme of Angry Birds, but also Angry Birds Space’s music, songs and a medley from Angry Birds Seasons, Angry Birds Go! music, and maybe music from Bad Piggies!
Here's the song that I would most want to see, if the Birds were in Smash.

Last edited:

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
Angry Birds was my childhood and it would be a dream come true to see them in Smash, as unlikely as it is! I support!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
That would be interesting!
I would go with the Toons design or either the Movie design. (arms and legs.)

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
The boss theme from Angry Birds 2, and the regular battle themes from Angry Birds Epic, would also be nice to have.

I've also come up with an idea for a Spirit Battle!
Spirit: Prince Porky, Angry Birds Epic
Opponent: Bowser Jr (Prince Porky's role in Epic is similar to Bowser Jr's role in the Mario series)
Fight conditions: After a certain amount of time has passed, Bowser Jr will have increased attack but decreased defense. (This is a reference to Prince Porky's "Tit for Tat" ability)
Explosive items appear during the battle, and the opponent is easily distracted by items. The opponent prefers down specials. (Both are references to how bombs appear during Prince Porky battles)
Music: Angry Birds Epic Boss Theme
Stage: Angry Birds stage
Spirit Ability: Trade-Off Attacks (Start battles with 30% damage and higher attack power. Another reference to "Tit for Tat")

DoctorProctor

Smash Cadet
The boss theme from Angry Birds 2, and the regular battle themes from Angry Birds Epic, would also be nice to have.

I've also come up with an idea for a Spirit Battle!
Spirit: Prince Porky, Angry Birds Epic
Opponent: Bowser Jr (Prince Porky's role in Epic is similar to Bowser Jr's role in the Mario series)
Fight conditions: After a certain amount of time has passed, Bowser Jr will have increased attack but decreased defense. (This is a reference to Prince Porky's "Tit for Tat" ability)
Explosive items appear during the battle, and the opponent is easily distracted by items. The opponent prefers down specials. (Both are references to how bombs appear during Prince Porky battles)
Music: Angry Birds Epic Boss Theme
Stage: Angry Birds stage
Spirit Ability: Trade-Off Attacks (Start battles with 30% damage and higher attack power. Another reference to "Tit for Tat")
I love it!

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
I support this 100%! Angry Birds has gameplay mechanics I feel would make for a very fun newcomer in Smash!

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
I'll throw in my support. As a kid I really loved Angry Birds. Not to forget that they had the game ported to PC and Nintendo consoles too.

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
While Angry birds sounds more like it should have spirits, mii costumes, or assist trophies, I think it could be cool!

Btw, here are the names:
Red - Red
Chuck - Yellow
Bomb - Black
Matilda - White
Terence - Big Red
The Blues / Jay, Jake, & Jim - Blue Trio
Stella - Pink

Also, the final smash would have to be mighty eagle or I'd probably cry

DoctorProctor

Smash Cadet
While Angry birds sounds more like it should have spirits, mii costumes, or assist trophies, I think it could be cool!

Btw, here are the names:
Red - Red
Chuck - Yellow
Bomb - Black
Matilda - White
Terence - Big Red
The Blues / Jay, Jake, & Jim - Blue Trio
Stella - Pink

Also, the final smash would have to be mighty eagle or I'd probably cry
Haha, thanks so much for commenting!

Yeah, they could be ATs but the series is just so important I don’t think that would suffice. It’s the most well-known mobile game of all time.

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
As a rep for huge mobile games, I would love either an Angry Birds Rep, or Peashooter from PvZ. I even made a post about Peashooter

crazybenjamin

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2794 0568 0108
Anyone checked out this remix yet?

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I actually made a challenger pack for red here, but yeah an angry bird would be great, definently support
would throw in some angry birds 2 music though, also this
y'know, I betcha if an angry birds game is released on the switch more people would talk about them

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
But first, Rovio bring back the classic games please? Please?
And now they're considering it: https://www.rovio.com/articles/a-letter-to-our-fans/
(maybe a collection for next-gen consoles, as Switch would work pretty well?)

Even though it's going to be unlikely that they'll bring back Rio and Star Wars, because Disney currently owns both franchises. (they killed off Blue Sky Studios and made Star Wars even worse with a sequel trilogy)

Last edited:
Top Bottom