• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Analyzing projectile properties and in game stategies with them

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@Fox
smasher range from all ages here. i seen a 24 year old, so yea.

@anyone who was here with the first OP glitch
i think the problem is exactly the same as last time, so ill have to fix it the exact same was as last time.
a long difficult editing in the standard edit mode.
to accurate describe the problem for those who dont know picture this:
almost everything is double spaced
quotes that have double spaces made by the user are broken into multiple parts
every line is centered separately and since everyhting is double spaced thats alot of centered line
as you guys can imagine this will be very time consuming and i would prefer to get it done in one time period.
Ill be able to do it either tomorrow or saturday if nothing unexepected happens unlike last weekend.

@DTL
i think it would be best to remove that part for the simple fact that some people may completely disregard it after seeing that.

i think thats it for now

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
dtl did you fix the vid yet?
im about to fix the op and i want a vid without the ending plz

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Plz wait till I do another replay focusing only on the bomb safe spike or someone else does. If u put that vid...It would be a disaster...

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
ok sant.

im at the boomerang section if any one cares for an update.

Aparently i didnt save what i started earlier.:(:urg:

starting over i guess

OK op right now is 'fixed' meaning thw\e quotes are one and the spacing is normal again.
the only thing is rather than sorting through what needs to be centered and what doesnt i just un-centered everything.

i will recenter the titles and update tomorrow.

latter half of thread is updated

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Wow it's been a while since I last posted here. I'm pretty sure this isn't new, but I'm going to say it anyway.
I always thought that there was 5 directions that you could throw the boomerang. Forward, diagonaly up, in between diagonaly up and forward, diagonaly down and in between diagonaly down and forward. I checked it out and it turns out that there are 7 directions. Instead of 1 direction in between diagonaly up and forward, there are 2 (the same obviously applies for in between diagonaly down and forward). So all up, if you do your math, including both sides and tilted throws, there are 28 different ways to throw the boomerang. The point is, have we fully explored all 28? I think not. And this is only scratching the surface of the boomerang, if you include short hops and full hops, that means that there are a 84 different possible ways to throw the boomerang. Just a thought.
As for anything new, well at the moment I've got nothing, but I'm hoping that looking into the 84 ways to throw the boomerang will find something.

Toondiddy: You may as well use H_R's recap vid for the safe spike when you update, at least until I get around to starting my own vid which will explain and show it.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
FiOD- Good to have ya back :) and yes I knew the 2 unused directions of the boomerang. But Ive only used it on accident when throwing angled down boomerang from a short hop. What exactly is the correct input for it ? Cuz ive only done it on accident and i havent heard any of the tinks talk about it either.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
To use the in between angles (I wish I just had an illustration) you need to picture in your head what the joystick looks like, there are 8 groves or dents, Up, down, left, right and the 4 diagonal ones. What you need to do is use side B as normal to throw out the boomerang then move the joystick in between the side groove and the diagonal groove (depending on which way your throwing it, up or down, you will either use the diagonaly up or diagonaly down when I say diagonal groove). If you are slightly closer to the sideways groove then the middle of the two grooves, then Toon will throw it at a very slight diagonal. If you are closer to the diagonal groove then he will throw it in between the last described diagonal and the actual diagonal throw. It's a bit tricky to describe but I've tried, you really need to try it yourselves if you still don't understand. Just remember there are two angles in between diagonaly up/down and sideways, the two angles are in between the grooves. That is all.

Edit: Wow thats weird, the whole Fox boards seems to be (?temporarily?) locked.

copacetic

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if anyone else has been doing this but recently I've been RAR-canceling bomb throws. As in, just a regular JC throw forward, but hit back on the control stick first. It stops your dash quickly, but I don't know if there are any other uses

BMunich16

Smash Apprentice
Can someone pm me an extensive bomb drop tutorial for the wiimote+nunchuck, I'm all confused with the gc controller and all. Thanks.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
@fox its 84 ways to throw it and alot more ways it can come back.
tht's alot of exploring lol.

maybe we should just start with a few common ways first, for exmple short hop is probably the most used way to throw a boomerang. so we should explore that first

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Well so far I've only found one interesting thing, mind you I haven't even scatched the surface. You might remember a while ago I told you guys about the awesome properties of a full hop, diagonally down, tilt thrown boomerang. Basicly is means you can use it as a trap if you throw it over them then fall back down and hit them with either Nair or Zair, they get hit into the returning/turning around boomerang and comne back to you for a really easy free hit.
Well I found out that a similar thing can be done with a SH, diagonnally down upper groove (closest to straight forward) tilt throw. At least I think thats it, it's been a while since I've done it. The point is, the boomerang reacts in the same way, It kinda touches the ground and turns around at the same time then returns at a weird and useful angle.

That was all rather hard to explain. Can we please get a name for the in-between angles?

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
for now just call them in-between until something better is said.

the new things seems alot more practicle then the earlier full hop one.
since it sets up for anything it can both build damage and kill

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Hey Toondiddy. I just thought I'd let you know what me and TLMSheikant have recently found in my thread. After all this kind of thing should be in here as well. I've just Copy Pasted from the OP....

The Bouncy Bomb
How to Perform: First of all you need to be on a stage that has the screen moving up and the stage moving down. Pull out a Bomb, Jump through a go through able platform and Z-drop the Bomb just as you over the platform your jumping through (think C4).
Effect: Toon will jump through the platform, drop a Bomb which will land on the platform and jump around on the spot with the same white aura as Slope Bombing.
Note: When the Bomb is bouncing around on the spot, the Bomb is active. This means that if an opponent touches it, it will explode on them. Also if you use Dair next to the Bouncy Bomb, it will jump sideways just like Slope Bombing.
Stages: Unfortunately this will only work on two stages, Rumble Falls and Rainbow Ride. On Rumble Falls because the 'speed' of the stage is always changing, it can sometimes be hard to do the Bouncy Bomb. The easiest time to do it is when the stage is moving at a medium pace (like right at the start). On Rainbow Ride it can only be done on the left side of the 'ciruit' when the screen is moving up and the stage is moving down.
Credit: For the Discovery of this move, TLMSheikant. For further testing and discoveries, Fox Is Openly Deceptive.

I'll keep you posted if anything else is found. I'm gonna test if this can also be done on Delfino. But anyway, now you know.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Oh. I know this.
Asdioh showed me this a while ago, actually. >_>
It also works on the tree at Onett and on PS1 during the phase with the tree.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah I know what you're talking about, isn't that different? I'll add it to my thread in any case. But yeah, the reason why it bounces on the spot in the Bouncy Bomb is because the stage is moving down. The reason why your tech works is because the 'Branch' of the tree itself actually bounces. As far as I can see they are different yet in a way similar. Like I said though, I'll add your tech, whats it called and who discovered it?

Top Bottom