• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An Ultimate Change for Master Hand?

XigmunGothar

Smash Cadet
Aside from Tabuu in Brawl, Master Hand (with Crazy or as Master Core, what have you) is the main antagonist of the Smash series from a "story" perspective. He has appeared in every game with a fairly consistent intent to 'capture' all of the fighters. In 64, there was a toy motif. In Melee and, even more so, Brawl, it was as trophies. In Wii U / 3DS, there wasn't so much a story, but I guess still trophies. Based on rumors of the menu screen, it seems like it may be as spirits in Ultimate. Regardless, Master Hand has been a consistent villain with motive and somewhat of a personality. Being that this is the Ultimate Smash after all, I was wondering if something different might be done for Master Hand, and I had an idea.

As shown in the August Direct, and further explained in YouTube videos by teams like GameXplain and SourceGaming, Classic Mode in Ultimate is a bit different. It seems to be composed of only 8 stages (6 smash battles, some chest thing, and a boss). Additionally, each character has there own set version of Classic mode with possibly a theme to accompany their set of battles. Assuming that the ending boss is some Master Hand variant (Hand, Crazy, both, or Core), is it possible that that fight will reflect each character and their theme as well? Since every stage now has a Final Destination (Omega) version, perhaps Master Hand appears on the FD variant of the character's "home stage" instead of the generic FD. It would add uniqueness to each character's classic mode run while also reemphasizing the theme of Master Hand invading the fighter's worlds and attempting to gather them.

What do you think? Do you think this might be the case? Whether it might be or not, would you like something like that?

Mgl

Smash Apprentice
Cool idea, but I think stages like the Yoshi ones would takeaway from the intensity of the battles

XigmunGothar

Smash Cadet
Cool idea, but I think stages like the Yoshi ones would takeaway from the intensity of the battles
True. Maybe a dark, shadowy vortex edit to the background like in Melee or Brawl FDs? They could probably mix that in pretty easily.

Top Bottom