• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An "only three/five mains" thread

remilia

Smash Cadet
Even from a casual perspective, I still think the word "main" ceases to mean anything when applied so liberally. You don't "main" every character you enjoy playing, and calling every character you play your main is a trap I see a lot of casuals fall into and they usually end up sounding like this:
Well, it's not a matter of "I enjoy playing them" it's a matter of "I split my play time equally between them, more than any other characters."
I enjoy playing pac man, but I don't play him nearly as much as the others, for example.
Again, it looks like there's not a clear consensus over how many mains you can have nor is there a strict definition outside it being the "character(s) you use most" so... -shrugs- not really the biggest issue in the world if someone says they have lots of mains in my opinion.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Again, it looks like there's not a clear consensus over how many mains you can have nor is there a strict definition outside it being the "character(s) you use most" so... -shrugs- not really the biggest issue in the world if someone says they have lots of mains in my opinion.
It tends to make it harder to really excel with any one character if you're dividing your time between too many, I think is the argument. Mind you, that only really matters if you intend to go competitive.

remilia

Smash Cadet
It tends to make it harder to really excel with any one character if you're dividing your time between too many, I think is the argument. Mind you, that only really matters if you intend to go competitive.
Yeah, and I agree with that too. What I was saying is that I'm not competitive so it doesn't really matter to me, I just have 8 characters I call mains because I devote my time to them equally when I play so they're my main characters

Top Bottom