• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An ode to a game I didn't get to really experience...

DiamondDust132

Smash Cadet
NNID
DiamondDust132
I am a life long Smash fan. I started with Melee, obsessed over Brawl (seriously, I used to play this game almost religiously), went back to Melee once I realized how good it was, and then picked up a little game known as Super Smash Bros for the Nintendo 3DS. Even with the awkward handheld controls, I loved the game. I played the hell out of a bunch of characters, but Zero Suit Samus was my favorite (obvious from my profile). I was took broke to get a Wii U, however, so the 3DS version was my only means of playing Smash 4. Therefore, I didn't (and couldn't) get too into, at least not enough to play it ultra competitively. Doing pillar combos with Zelda was good enough for me. I've played Smash 4 on Wii U exactly once-my Wii Fit Trainer got destroyed by a Robin. It was a humbling experience. After that, I just sort of forgot about getting a Wii U or trying to get any better at Smash 4. Think I sold the game to make some grocery money. I went back to Melee. But I never did forget about Smash 4. I'd tune into tournaments from time to time. I knew the top characters and their mains (Sonic being top tier is still funny to me for some reason). I still watch compilations of the game on YouTube. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't fortunate to miss the whole Bayonetta fiasco. Still, the game itself always looked fun. It's completely different from Melee, but that's perfectly fine. I think if I would've saved up for a Wii U, I really would've enjoyed the game.

That's it really. Just some scattered thoughts on a game I kinda wish I could've played more. Hope to see ya'll in Ultimate.

Top Bottom