• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An obvious reason why no SSB64 stages were included

Gary

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai said he made some changes to the Melee stages, but tried to keep them as close as possible or something, so there's no reason he couldn't have added SSB64 stages.

And I agree that masterpieces were just dumb. That's what the shop channel is for... I'd rather have had more music, stages, or even items.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai said he made some changes to the Melee stages, but tried to keep them as close as possible or something, so there's no reason he couldn't have added SSB64 stages.

And I agree that masterpieces were just dumb. That's what the shop channel is for... I'd rather have had more music, stages, or even items.
No way! More stickers man!!! XD

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
I'm more disappointed in the lack of items in general than anything else, actually. It feels like there are even less items than in the previous games.

Jesusdragon737

Smash Cadet
The original stages were VERY simple. It would not be difficult at all for them to just revamp the graphics on them. And by their design, they're not any worse than, say, Battlefield.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wouldn't have minded horrible 64 bit stages added to Brawl. 64 stages would have had an awesome contrast with the 360 (Whatever) graphic characters.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Guess some of the noobs are really into the dead.

But yes, I agree. 64 Stages were awesome.

Also, on a sidenote, has anyone else besides me noticed how Corneria (in 64 Sector Z, but still the same map) has been shrinked down with every game?

Meccs

@Meccs_
Not nostalgic? I dunno about you, but the first SSB is pretty **** nostalgic
Pffft... Safforn City is the most fun (note, not "most fair :p) stage in the whole series :p
They brought back the dumbest possible stages in Melee, though.
Saffron City
Peach's Castle
Hyrule Castle
should have been brought back.
Honestly, they brought back BIG BLUE. How hard would it have been to bring back those awesome stages?
They could dump the crappy stages like Mario Bros. and Rumble Falls.

sure I've made Saffron City (by switching the AV cables betwen N64 and Wii to get the closest possible), Sector Z, and Hyrule Castle, but they're just not the same...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
er, whatever the Zelda one from 64 is called (isn't it called that?)

edit: oh yeah, it's Castle. haha, thought it didn't make sense XD

64 Stages:
Peach's Castle
Mushroom Kingdom
Kongo Jungle -> Returns in Melee
Hyrule Castle
Planet Zebes -> Returns in Melee as Brinstar
Yoshi's Island -> Returns in Melee
Dreamland -> Returns in Melee
Sector Z -> Returns in Melee as Corneria
Saffron City

Melee Stages:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Princess Peach's Castle
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Kongo Jungle 64
Temple
Great Bay
Brinstar (remake of Planet Zebes 64)
Brinstar Depths
Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Island 64
Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Green Greens
Dreamland 64
Corneria (remake of Sector Z)
Venom
Pokémon Stadium
PokéFloats
Mute City
Big Blue
Onett
Fourside
Icicle Mountain
Flat Zone

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
We have Stage Builder. Stop whining plz.
Even Stage Builder seems thrown together last minute.

You cant use water, which was dumb. 3 Backgrounds, 3 sizes. It was just dissapointing and limiting. Cant even place spawn points.

Zylar

Smash Ace
If there is going to be a SS?4 then it would be smart of them to include all stages, new stages, and a far better custom stage builder. Even the technology we have now can do that, not even counting the technology that we will attain in the future.

Saffron was too fun. I could play pikachu in saffron all day long.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
I dont give a ****! They should have put in a few N64 stages.

Cmon Links Hyrule castle was a great stage. my favourite. I couldve been used for a counter pick IMO.

It wouldve been epic (slightly)

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
The day when Sakurai learns that the best stages he ever created was those made in SSB64 is the day that i'll have more respect for him.

SSB64 stages were much more original and unique than the Brawl stages we've got now.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Most stages in Super Smash Bros. have objects that look like paper cutouts, especially the Saffron City Pokemon. Although I did enjoy the Mushroom Kingdom stage from that game.

§leepy God

Smash Master
actually final destination(melee) is the best stage ever :p hyrule castle after that
No Delfino Plaza is the best stage ever. :p

Anyways, I don't think the grapic's is the real reason. Have you seen Pokemon Stadum in Melee and looked at Brawl's return Pokemon Stadum? That stage has been refurbish well done then the other Melee stages. Maybe it's favortism, I don't know but it's has been done on Pokemon Stadum.

pr0d00d

Smash Rookie
sure we have stage builder but we are so limited as to what we can make i think in SSB4 (if it ever comes out) they should make original stages and expand on the stage creater

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Haha I hear you man I loved the Pokemon Door =P
Yeah, and Saffron City was also the first stage I ever saw in Smash bros. It was in the original demo that was playing as an advertisement, WAY back in the day, for the first smash bros.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I thought 64 stages were the most roomy and led to better fights because of it. Most of the Current stages are too small and are only good for 1v1.

I loved the DK, Hyrule, and Mario Bros 1 stage for 64.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I could care less if they looked the same. Most were good stages so they ought to have been included.

Final Destination and Battlefield were around forever (even in N64) and nobody complained about the changes. If they returned with graphic updates, that would be awesome as well. But they didn't return so the developers fail. I really thought they should have included every single stage from the previous Smash games in Brawl. EVERY one. I miss Fourside and Hyrule Castle and Sector Z...

Imagine a graphically updated Saffron City or Hyrule Castle...

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
yea it will be hard to imput stages from the original ssb into brawl
Even the melee stages are small and not as big as they were in melee

.Marik

is a social misfit
Actually, for your information, they do have an original stage from Super Smash Bros.

The stage is called Brinstar. It was in Super Smash Bros, Melee, and Brawl.

The only stage to be in all 3 games also, I might add.

MattNF

Smash Lord
Actually, for your information, they do have an original stage from Super Smash Bros.

The stage is called Brinstar. It was in Super Smash Bros, Melee, and Brawl.

The only stage to be in all 3 games also, I might add.
There was no Brinstar in SSB64. It was Zebes.

And btw, everyone should come play SSB64 online with us other SSB64 smashers! It's so fun. (go to the ssb64 forum for details)

.Marik

is a social misfit
You forgot Corneria (aka Sector Z)
Oh yeah. I just forgot about that one because of how different it looks in the original game compared to how it looks in Melee/Brawl.

@MattNF:
It has a different name, but the stage looks exactly the same and does exactly the same thing.
Correct.

Top Bottom