• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An Introduction From Our New Editor-in-chief

63u9RER.jpg

I'm proud to announce that, following the departure of Justin "Popi" Banusing, I will be taking over as Smashboards' new editor in chief. This is a huge opportunity, but more importantly a huge responsibility, and I'm honored to have been picked for the position.

For those of you who don't know about me, I'm a Smash Wii U and Rivals of Aether player from New York who's semi-active in the Mid-Hudson scene. I've been following competitive fighting games for about four years and active in the Smash community in some capacity for about two and a half years, though I've been on a hiatus from tournaments for about a year now.

I haven't been part of the news team for very long, but if you've read any of my writing you'll know I try to look at the big picture and see what we can learn from both our own history and that of other communities, something I'm definitely looking to apply to my work as editor in chief.

I'd like to thank Popi, Josh "1PC" Olalde, William "wncozens" Cozens, Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes and the rest of the Smashboards writing team, as well as Chris "AlphaZealot" Brown, Taylor "Warchamp" Giampaolo, and Amir "Xiivi" Corsaro for this opportunity. I'd also like to give a huge shout out to former Smashboards writer and long time friend of mine Frank "Hangman" DeJohn for introducing me to competitive Smash and the FGC in the first place. This never would've happened without him.

Going forward, I'm looking to shift gears and try something more in line with other community outlets. Our current esports coverage and editorial content will remain intact, but you can expect more articles highlighting videos, guides, fan art, and other community-oriented content. We're also looking to bring on some new writers, so keep an eye out for more information in the coming days.

Scribe

Comments

Top Bottom