• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An influx of Kirbies in For Fun?

kinbobbobkin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Remybunny14
3DS FC
1822-1654-6056
I mean it's not a problem, but I was wondering because most of the time I joined a room there's a Kirby.

ligersandtigons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChromToTheDome
3DS FC
4656-6292-5830
Switch FC
SW-2244-3437-3034
Well, it's safe to say that the For Fun crowd is almost all casuals (where many of them are quite young) and characters like Kirby and Pikachu appeal to those kinds of players

I know whenever I play with casuals (regardless of age or gender), I'd say Kirby is the second most common character chosen by them (for some reason, Lucas is first lol)

Broqan

Smash Rookie
Yes I played alot more kirby´s then months prior lately.

Last edited:

kinbobbobkin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Remybunny14
3DS FC
1822-1654-6056
Well, it's safe to say that the For Fun crowd is almost all casuals (where many of them are quite young) and characters like Kirby and Pikachu appeal to those kinds of players

I know whenever I play with casuals (regardless of age or gender), I'd say Kirby is the second most common character chosen by them (for some reason, Lucas is first lol)
That is true. The cute characters would be chosen the most on For Fun. It was a little surprising as a Kirby to see a lot of the cute puffball a lot.

Really? I don't see that much Lucas on For Fun mode, I see more Kirby. Haha. Thanks for the answers. I had another question regarding another commonly used character in FF but in starting fights, but I'll probably make another thread.

ligersandtigons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChromToTheDome
3DS FC
4656-6292-5830
Switch FC
SW-2244-3437-3034
That is true. The cute characters would be chosen the most on For Fun. It was a little surprising as a Kirby to see a lot of the cute puffball a lot.

Really? I don't see that much Lucas on For Fun mode, I see more Kirby. Haha. Thanks for the answers. I had another question regarding another commonly used character in FF but in starting fights, but I'll probably make another thread.
for the Lucas thing, I meant in real life lol

HYP3R

Smash Lord
Casuals like Kirby because they are most likely beginners that are still learning how to recover back to the stage/ledge. Kirby has 5 jumps + Final Cutter, so it makes recovering much easier for them.

Also, Stone is OP against CPUs, so people will think it's the best move ever online as well.

There are many other reasons, but those two I believe are the main ones.

Last edited:
Top Bottom