• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media An In-Depth Guide to King K. Rool

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
KRoolfinalsmash.gif

So, you want to destroy DK Island like the thicc crocodile himself?
Well, you've come to the right place! Plague von Karma (here with an old username oh god oh ****) has you covered!
The King K. Rool Discord has been working on a big guide for the past week, compiling all the information about this absolute unit into a 60+ page guide! Since it is now in a state that I will call "presentable", I feel it is now safe to release to the wider audience. From the basics to his more technical side, we have everything needed for a new recruit to get out there and start giving Down_Smash.mp4 his tourney results!

The guide goes over;
  • The best ways to use Crownerang, including Crown Cancelling and Crown Sliding
  • How to properly utilize the Blunderbuss, plus techniques to use it to prevent horizontal approach efficiently
  • Down Throw and how to use it properly, plus Kill%s for every Weight Tier!
  • The frame data for every attack in his arsenal with full reviews on every move and how to make the best use of it
  • How Belly Armor actually works with the active frames on it for each move
  • Beginner's Mistakes with alternative plays
  • How to actually neutral with K. Rool (so many people get this wrong it isn't even funny)
  • Stage Reviews and where you want to counterpick, plus info on a glitch that can occur on slopes with a document (WIP) on the interactions regarding it.
  • How to pick your secondary
  • Your go-to combos so you can quickly get started
  • Weaknesses and how to cover them up
  • Early matchup guide (we're working on a gigantic doc for this as well)
  • and more!
So what are you waiting for? Get to it! Make your obese overlord proud!
We're also taking suggestions on ways to improve the guide, and any info on alternate plays, etc are appreciated!

Last edited:

ArkhamAnderson

Smash Rookie
This is amazing! As someone that hasn't played Smash in depth before this is a great resource on where to start with Rool but also what to build on. Gave it a skim, but definitely coming back to this. Thank you so much.

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
This is amazing! As someone that hasn't played Smash in depth before this is a great resource on where to start with Rool but also what to build on. Gave it a skim, but definitely coming back to this. Thank you so much.
Thanks for the feedback! I'd recommend not skimming it when you get back to it, as my writing style tends to just drop info in random places.

Top Bottom