• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An Ideal Classic/Solo/Adventure Mode.

GoldTrainRider

Smash Cadet
Ok, In my opinion, I hated the classic mode in Smash 4. Moving around a bland map space, sometimes being forced into 8 player smashes, and random OP items. The only cool thing was Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Master Core. But it felt like complete luck to get to it. 8 player smashes felt WAY too chaotic, and luck based. Team battles were even worse. In a 2v2, if your teammate died, you were pretty much dead. Combine this with luck based and broken items, and you have an experience that could have been so much better!

Things I want to see return:

Intensity.

Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Master Core.

That's it.

Here would be the format I have in mind: (And please, Don't bring back Items spawning randomly.)

You would go through 1 or 2 (depending on the intensity you chose) challenges that represent a series (eg. Mario, LoZ, Metroid, Pokemon, etc.) The more the intensity, the harder the challenges. (Example: Mario: Intensity 4.0: Fight Mario Intensity 8.0: Fight metal Mario Intensity 9.0: Fight Metal Luigi and Bowser.) You go through these challenges and these series sections and eventually find yourself at the final path with a shop just before you. A Toad works here. (Note: That higher Intensities will give you more rewards and more stat boosts.) You can use coins you obtained at a shop to buy items (Like a Maxim Tomato you can use to heal in the middle of a battle, stat boosts, an extra stock, and so on.) Now, you can either take the final road. Crazy hand will have you fighting him on final destination. There is no way to win this, as he keeps healing. He will grab you and drop you off of the stage. A cutscene plays of you falling. You land in Master fortress. Master Hand is seen flat, lying down, without his core. Tabuu is seen tied up from master cores' "Swarm." He brakes free, and you must fight him. The stage of master fortress shifts between phases, and once Tabuu is defeated, he flies into the air, and explodes. The "Swarm" flies back into Master Hand, and Crazy Hand Joins in. You now need to fight them together. Once Master hand is defeated, master core flies back out and attacks you with all his forms. Once crazy hand is defeated, "Crazy Core" flies out, and combines with Master core. They don't like eachother, so they take on different forms and start fighting. Tabuu eventually comes back and joins in on the brawl. (get it?) Your final task is to run through the cores, dodging chaos (Like different beast forms, lava flying everywhere, enemies to get in your way, and Tabuu's attacks.) Once at the end, a Smash Ball waits for you. You collect it and grow giant. You unleash your final smash, and the trio is defeated. G. Freaking. G.

Alright, that is very complicated and will probably never happen but, hey! I can dream. I think the whole "Final path" sequence would be really epic, especially the 2 cores and Tabuu fighting, so let me know what you think! :starman:

Morbi

Scavenger
Ideal for me is literally just what Melee had. An arcade mode with random events to mix it up and certain sections that reference the game. I loved escaping from Brinstar or trying to find the Triforce. The boss encounters were interesting when I was younger, but obviously they should try a bit harder this time. I do not just want a giant Kirby.

I would also enjoy seeing more easter egg fights, similar to Luigi.

GoldTrainRider

Smash Cadet
Ideal for me is literally just what Melee had. An arcade mode with random events to mix it up and certain sections that reference the game. I loved escaping from Brinstar or trying to find the Triforce. The boss encounters were interesting when I was younger, but obviously they should try a bit harder this time. I do not just want a giant Kirby.

I would also enjoy seeing more easter egg fights, similar to Luigi.
Hi, Morbi. I was wondering how to get the "Someone set us up the bomb" Trophy. Thanks for replying tho. And what even are the Bombs that you need to catch 300 of? Thanks.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
My Classic mode idea is a mix between Melee and Smash 3DS. The intensity scale would stay, and the stages would go as follows...
  • Stage 1: 1 vs. 1
  • Stage 2: 2 vs. 2
  • Stage 3: 1 vs. 1
  • Stage 4 (Easy route): 3 vs. 1 (giant)
  • Stage 4 (Normal route): 2 vs. 1 (giant)
  • Stage 4 (Hard route): 1 vs. 1 (giant)
  • Stage 5: 1 vs. 1
  • Stage 6: 1 vs. 1 (metal)
  • Stage 7 (Easy route): 1 vs. Fighting Alloy Team (x10)
  • Stage 7 (Normal route): 1 vs. Fighting Alloy Team (x20)
  • Stage 7 (Hard route): 1 vs. Fighting Alloy Team (x30)
  • Stage 8: 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1
  • Stage 9 (Normal route + intensity 0.0 - 7.9): Master Hand
  • Stage 9 (Dark route + intensity 3.0 - 4.9): Master Hand & Crazy Hand
  • Stage 9 (Dark route + intensity 5.0 - 5.9): Master Hand & Crazy Hand + Master Edges + Master Shadow + Master Core
  • Stage 9 (Dark route + intensity 6.0 - 6.9): Master Hand & Crazy Hand + Master Beast + Master Edges + Master Shadow + Master Core
  • Stage 9 (Dark route + intensity 7.0 - 7.9): Master Hand & Crazy Hand + Master Giant + Master Beast + Master Edges + Master Shadow + Master Core
  • Stage 9 (Dark route + intensity 8.0 - 9.0): Master Hand & Crazy Hand + Master Giant + Master Beast + Master Edges + Master Shadow + Master Fortress (solo only) + Master Core
Players would also start each stage with 3 lives, instead of 2, making the game mode feel less difficult than before.

For the Master Hand & Crazy Hand battle, the player now has to defeat both hands before Master Core can appear, but the player will receive 5 additional minutes, along with a Heart Container that fully heals him/her before the first Master Core form appears. If Master Fortress appears, an additional 3 minutes would be added onto the timer, and the player gets another Heart Container.

On a side note, Crazy Hand will drop at least one Maxim Tomato while using the Finger Bomb attack, which can help players heal themselves a bit during the fight.

Last edited:

GoldTrainRider

Smash Cadet
My Classic mode idea is a mix between Melee and Smash 3DS. The intensity scale would stay, and the stages would go as follows...
  • Stage 1: 1 vs. 1
  • Stage 2: 2 vs. 2
  • Stage 3: 1 vs. 1
  • Stage 4 (Easy route): 3 vs. 1 (giant)
  • Stage 4 (Normal route): 2 vs. 1 (giant)
  • Stage 4 (Hard route): 1 vs. 1 (giant)
  • Stage 5: 1 vs. 1
  • Stage 6: 1 vs. 1 (metal)
  • Stage 7 (Easy route): 1 vs. Fighting Alloy Team (x10)
  • Stage 7 (Normal route): 1 vs. Fighting Alloy Team (x20)
  • Stage 7 (Hard route): 1 vs. Fighting Alloy Team (x30)
  • Stage 8: 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1
  • Stage 9 (Normal route + intensity 0.0 - 7.9): Master Hand
  • Stage 9 (Dark route + intensity 3.0 - 4.9): Master Hand & Crazy Hand
  • Stage 9 (Dark route + intensity 5.0 - 5.9): Master Hand & Crazy Hand + Master Edges + Master Shadow + Master Core
  • Stage 9 (Dark route + intensity 6.0 - 6.9): Master Hand & Crazy Hand + Master Beast + Master Edges + Master Shadow + Master Core
  • Stage 9 (Dark route + intensity 7.0 - 7.9): Master Hand & Crazy Hand + Master Giant + Master Beast + Master Edges + Master Shadow + Master Core
  • Stage 9 (Dark route + intensity 8.0 - 9.0): Master Hand & Crazy Hand + Master Giant + Master Beast + Master Edges + Master Shadow + Master Fortress (solo only) + Master Core
Players would also start each stage with 3 lives, instead of 2, making the game mode feel less difficult than before.

For the Master Hand & Crazy Hand battle, the player now has to defeat both hands before Master Core can appear, but the player will receive 5 additional minutes, along with a Heart Container that fully heals him/her before the first Master Core form appears. If Master Fortress appears, an additional 3 minutes would be added onto the timer, and the player gets another Heart Container.

On a side note, Crazy Hand will drop at least one Maxim Tomato while using the Finger Bomb attack, which can help players heal themselves a bit during the fight.
Wow! That's a really great concept! Mine was a little out there, lol. I also need help on how to get a trophy here. I asked Morbi Morbi . Do you have anything on this? Thanks. I really like your classic.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
okay so ****ing get this right, we do a top-down exploration beat-em-up, secret of mana/x-men legends/whatever the **** style, but with smash charas. can be up to infinity co-op or whatever. just silliness

Top Bottom