• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

an idea for improving peach

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
I was using link the other day and I realized that what made him good in PM is that his attacks (especially tilts) are all faster, and it made me think about peach's slow fair attack. It is good for spacing, but what if peach had less lag starting up (a little bit faster than in melee, but more time to start up than her bair). It could be really scary when float cancelled. What do you guys think? Should her fair be faster or would that make her other attacks nonviable?

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
It's already really scary when float-cancelled. Imo Peach is perfect the way she is, she's already received a few significant buffs from Melee, and she has some bad MUs, but none that are bad enough to warrant a character switch. Although since I main her, I wouldn't be opposed to making her better.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
It's already really scary when float-cancelled. Imo Peach is perfect the way she is, she's already received a few significant buffs from Melee, and she has some bad MUs, but none that are bad enough to warrant a character switch. Although since I main her, I wouldn't be opposed to making her better.
Sorry, I just got into competitive smash bros melee and project m last year. I have not faced someone who float cancels consistently, and I just started watching armada use peach. So now I relies this would actually be toxic. I just feel that something is missing from her moveset that could make her better. Right now, I can't think of anything now, so right now, I think she is in good hands.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
the up b fast fall momentum is different, the turnips don't bounce on shield, the down smash is smaller. I think if peach was getting buffed, they should fix those.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
the up b fast fall momentum is different, the turnips don't bounce on shield, the down smash is smaller. I think if peach was getting buffed, they should fix those.
Turnips actually do bounce on shield now, also her up-b goes much higher than it did in Melee. Her ftilt also has increased range and her Brawl utilt gives her all kinds of new combo options. Do you have the frame data for the dsmash? I honestly haven't noticed a difference.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
Turnips actually do bounce on shield now, also her up-b goes much higher than it did in Melee. Her ftilt also has increased range and her Brawl utilt gives her all kinds of new combo options. Do you have the frame data for the dsmash? I honestly haven't noticed a difference.
Oh really? I havent tried the turnips out for a while. As for the up b, although it does go higher, the momentum is different. And yeah, her tilts are cool in this. I dont have the frame data but I talked to some other players and they agreed it was the brawl size, I might be wrong though, because Im not a peach main, my training partner is.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Oh really? I havent tried the turnips out for a while. As for the up b, although it does go higher, the momentum is different. And yeah, her tilts are cool in this. I dont have the frame data but I talked to some other players and they agreed it was the brawl size, I might be wrong though, because Im not a peach main, my training partner is.
Ah ok, yeah I don't really know because I didn't play her in Brawl, but as a Peach main in both Melee and P:M I feel like she's better overall in P:M. Even if the dsmash is smaller it doesn't really affect her that much because it's a very situational move anyway.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
I honestly feel like Peach is sleeper op right now, just nobody plays her.
I wish people stopped calling characters very good OP. It is really negative. She is "top tier", saying she's op suggests a nerf, which she doesn't need. Nerfs shouldn't be made unless it is absolutely necessary. Nobody likes nerfs. I have watched some tournaments recently, and that nintendude vs milkman match convinced me that peach should not change in the slightest. She is even with the other characters.

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
Peach is definitely not top tier, she wasn't top tier in Melee and even though she got buffed she has to compete with a whole bunch of new characters now. That being said she's probably still high tier.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Doll (old school Peach player) I used to play against Milkman all da time. He's very good at playing against Peach.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
pretty sure his tag is llod but anyway, I think peach is perfect, she struggles because of the meta game but id say shes still somewhere a little above the middle, but if someone wants to buff her im not gonna object ;) because a forward air with little start up sounds glorious haha

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
Make her pluck only Stitchface, and make it do shield damage when it touches after bouncing. Also, make her Jab jump cancellable, and make Float OOS invincible.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
Make her pluck only Stitchface, and make it do shield damage when it touches after bouncing. Also, make her Jab jump cancellable, and make Float OOS invincible.
seconded, also i think side b should go across all of FD and have 2 frames of start up and hits shields and does as much damage to shields and marths neutral B also downsmash has a gravity effect that pulls you in from 15 character lengths away

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
Float should just be invincible the entire time she is floating, and should be able to be done infinitely

Last edited:

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
I think she needs the ability to float infinitely as well. Her down air should also be a spike like falco's down air.

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
On a serious note, I think Fair should have a little bit more range, and Peach Bomber should be capable of turning around ala Falcon Punch. This would help her Recovery a little bit, and it would also make the move better for tech-chasing. The timing should be really strict, and they can nerf the damage/add recovery to it. It should also be possible to angle it very very slightly. Not enough to do Rising Pound shenanigans, but enough to use it to get out from under the stage. Maybe 5 degrees of variance. I also think her normal costumes should use the heart graphic from Brawl, but keep Strikers's explosion, and Shadow Peach's Dark Explosion. I feel that these buffs are reasonable, and would help Peach at high levels, without turning her in Fox.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
On a serious note, I think Fair should have a little bit more range, and Peach Bomber should be capable of turning around ala Falcon Punch. This would help her Recovery a little bit, and it would also make the move better for tech-chasing. The timing should be really strict, and they can nerf the damage/add recovery to it. It should also be possible to angle it very very slightly. Not enough to do Rising Pound shenanigans, but enough to use it to get out from under the stage. Maybe 5 degrees of variance. I also think her normal costumes should use the heart graphic from Brawl, but keep Strikers's explosion, and Shadow Peach's Dark Explosion. I feel that these buffs are reasonable, and would help Peach at high levels, without turning her in Fox.
I agree about the foward B range. Definitely needs more range to be a tech chase. Fair is questionable because if it got a better range, then it would make it really spammable (possibly). But if you do want hearts on side b, you can taunt. I prefer the explosion, but if PMBR did make them hearts, I could always use fire peach.

Angrycuban

Smash Journeyman
I agree about the foward B range. Definitely needs more range to be a tech chase. Fair is questionable because if it got a better range, then it would make it really spammable (possibly). But if you do want hearts on side b, you can taunt. I prefer the explosion, but if PMBR did make them hearts, I could always use fire peach.
Peach bomber is a fine tech chase against everyone except like shiek and mewtwo basically haha

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
Fair with increased range would be really awesome, as it would make her neutral a little stronger, and the bomber suggestion doesn't necessarily NEED to occur if they just buff her Fair range. That alone would really only help a couple matchups. Strong Bad, even though you got annoyed by me that one time on stream(2.0 announcement), please consider this small buff.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
It just seems to me that the Bomber, when it does hit, is great. But the massive amount of endlag and considerable startup lag aren't needed when so many moves can smack her out of it. Even if the priority stayed the same and it was a little quicker, I'd be fine with that. Or a little of both but what can you do

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
if they are going to do anything with peach, imo something should be done about ftilt and possibly up smash. side b is absolutely great now, i would be quite disappointed if they modified it. i love the fact that she can DACUS now. i need to experiment more with it to see how easily it can be landed during tech chases or in some combos. up smash is very rewarding, but even with DACUS i fear that it might be too difficult and risky to try and land. i feel that slight tweaks to it could help make it more usable move. ftilt is good for combos on FFers, but peach could just grab or dash attack for the same effect, and those two are typically more reliable and better for combing. if you are looking for range, ftilt offers no benefit because jab has a pretty good amount of range and comes out like 3 times faster.

granted, peach already really has the tools she needs, and not making great use out of those moves isnt taking anything away from her game, so theyre certainly not needed. i think that giving them some use though would just add variety to her grounded options.

PKIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-2590-1230
if they are going to do anything with peach, imo something should be done about ftilt and possibly up smash. side b is absolutely great now, i would be quite disappointed if they modified it. i love the fact that she can DACUS now. i need to experiment more with it to see how easily it can be landed during tech chases or in some combos. up smash is very rewarding, but even with DACUS i fear that it might be too difficult and risky to try and land. i feel that slight tweaks to it could help make it more usable move. ftilt is good for combos on FFers, but peach could just grab or dash attack for the same effect, and those two are typically more reliable and better for combing. if you are looking for range, ftilt offers no benefit because jab has a pretty good amount of range and comes out like 3 times faster.

granted, peach already really has the tools she needs, and not making great use out of those moves isnt taking anything away from her game, so theyre certainly not needed. i think that giving them some use though would just add variety to her grounded options.
what do you mean her side b is "absolutely great"?

I personally think, after watching her in SSB4, that the Peach Bomber needs less start up lag as seen in the recent direct video, the twirl needs to go. in SSB4 she just thrust forward like her Back Air without any hesitation. I think it should activate on shields IMO as well, cause when you use it, people just shield out of it so i cant ever use it. It would also be nice if her turnips didn't vanish so quickly, cause in melee they would hit other turnips on her upward air throw to send the turnip higher up, but it doesnt do that now.

Last edited:

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
Well I think it's great for what it's meant to be used for. It's meant to compliment a good read, and it does so wonderfully. If the move acted as you just explained, it would turn from a very rewarding, read based move, to one of the best approach options in the game. That's just way too much to have it come out quickly without nerfing its power, let alone making it activate on shield. Try using it to cover platform options and during tech chases. maybe as an edge guard sometimes. You will get all the reward that fits this character in a balanced manor

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
Make it possible for her to float after air dodging into a turnip. Give it similar timing to AGT. This would help her camp better, and would make her AGT stuff more useful.

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
AGT is already one of the most versatile tools she has, just saying.

huxy

Smash Rookie
What if you could pull turnips in mid-air? What if you could pull turnip while floating?
.... the possibilities....

dude it's raining

Smash Journeyman
pretty sure his tag is llod
Sorry to respond to something so old, but lloD told me he was inspired by Doll, so he made his tag Doll backwards. And not to brag about WM but lloD is improving like crazy. Took over SOVA beating out Ether in the sova PR. He also seems pretty excited about 3.5 peach.

Mumm-Ra

Smash Rookie
As far as peaches tilts go I think the timing they have is perfect for setting different smash and air combos, the only big thing I would I would want changed is range on her forward air, and maybe make it a little faster. But that might be a little OP, Idk

Top Bottom