• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An Idea for an experimental codeset

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I'm keeping the idea here for a while until I can get a USB gecko and implement these.

Also, this forum is almost as dead as disco.

Anyway, I have a strong urge to make a gaiden codeset that experiments with things.

A testing ground for odd theories that float around the boards, and borrowing elements from other games.

For example tech grabs.

A tech grab is where if two players grab at the same time, the two are pushed back from each other, resulting in a stalemate. I know some games, though, have a small window when you can tech once you're grabbed as well.
We could probably emulate this like this:

When two character's grab collisions on the ground collide, instead of port priority taking over, they both cut to the CatchCut animation/action/subaction and get pushed back a bit.
There should also be a clink sound to confirm this.

Also, there should be a 1 frame window during the CapturePulledHi/Lw/Snake/etc. animations where if you press Z, you can escape.
The Grabber would cut to the CatchCut action and get pushed back, and the Grabee should be in the Capture cut action.

Another thing is this.

Melee had two jump buttons. Instead of asking us to time how long we held the jump button down, why not make the two buttons Short Jump and High Jump (though FG terminologies would likely conflict)?
Simple, or is it?

Oh and yes, Shield Stun increase, no tripping, No AD from tumble,same hitstun(for now), No ASL, and no tripe jump glitch too.

I would probably call the set Dairantou Gaiden, or Great Fray Gaiden.

Why is it hidden here? Because it would require fighter.pac modifications, so anyone who's interested in doing so, inform me.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I'm more interested in seeing the Tech Grab pulling through if anything. It could be an... interesting change.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Sell it or give it to someone....?

Or.... if you have the time, you can learn to use it and help move along a certain engine or quickly do experiments.......

Top Bottom