• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An Ice Climbers main (and Tink PM main) looking for advice on fighting Peach.

Samwisely

Smash Apprentice
As the title states, I'm an IC main in Melee, and a Toon Link main in PM. After getting rocked by a Peach in the last Melee tournament I went to, I knew I was going to have to do something about Peach players, which is a terrible prospect for any Ice Climber main. I'm sick of how much of an uphill battle it seems to be just to overcome the character, let alone the skill gap of the actual player. Then it occurred to me, doesn't Young Link counter Peach in Melee?

So the question is, am I right in thinking Young Link vs Peach a decent battle? And as a current Toon Link player, how much of my PM Tink experience would transfer over, especially for this matchup?

zz_halim

Smash Apprentice
Young Link is one of the few charactes who can shieldgrab Peachs Down-Smash, it was mentioned in the Discussion thread.
And i think Peach relies heavily relies on forcing the opponent to approach, which Ylink can counter with his projectiles. That's what I've heard about the matchup.
Personally I like to NAir in Situations where D-Smash awaits me.
I'm not a very good player though and haven't fought many good Peachs so don't take my advice to serious.

I guess you'll be happy with his up-B it's way better for recovering than Toon Link's :)
But it can't be used for follow ups like in PM

Last edited:

rhan

Smash Hero
As long as you can hit Peach with any of your projectiles and knock her in the air, it's free damage. Bomb -> dair, rang -> aerial, arrow -> aerial (not safe but still works).

If you can't think of anything to do, i personally, just throw nairs. High pri move.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
They're exceedingly different characters. I find it near impossible to play them in both games. The neutral game is about the same, though.

Last edited:

Samwisely

Smash Apprentice
Shoot. I knew their neutral was similar, I was hoping they were closer in other ways as well then.

I was trying it out, and seemed to be having issues with actually hitting kills moves, partly because I'm so used to Toon Link instead. Any suggestions for that?

Top Bottom