• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

An Ice Climber's Lament

Do I have any writing talent?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A little.

• No where even close!

• Total voters

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
"This line is really big." I had complained to Nana. We were in the Smash Ballot room, where not included characters fought and tried to prove themselves to be, well, included. "It would be much shorter if there wasn't a massive purple alien dragon ahead of us." Nana had pointed, obviously annoyed, at Ridley. He turned around and looked at us. He had a pair of taped glasses on and was holding a book labled *How not to get really angry and kill someone's parents and have them grow up and in super armor and become vengeful and have them kill you.* Ridley opened his mouth, nervous to speak, then said "O-oh, i'm so sorry. Am I in your way?" He pushed us ahead of him. Nana opened her mouth as if to speak, but decided otherwise. I whispered to her. "I hear he has been getting anger management issues. I heard he was really drunk and hit Kraid at a party when he found out he wasn't in the new Smash. There was a lot of drama and Jaid, Kraid's girlfriend, hit Ridley and it was this whole big deal." She shrugged. "We're going to be here awhile, we better get comfortable."

"I'm sorry Dig Dug, but inflating things doesn't really pop out." Dig Dug tried to make and argument about how popping out is his whole job, along with popping things. However, the secretary heard none of it and had him dragged away by the security guards. We were up next. "Name?" The secretary asked. "We're a team. We're the Ice Climbers, um, Popo and Nana." The secretary looked up from behind the newspaper he was reading. "Oh, Popo! Nana! Nice to see you!" It was Balloon Fighter! "Ball! Why are you working at this job? I'm sure Sakurai isn't paying much for it." I asked. "Oh, you know how it is. Trying to get a job, and this is the only one that I could get with my only experience being *Floating around with balloons*." Ball responded. "I see, I see..." Nana interupted us. "We're holding up the line, look, we're veterans. So let us to the back so we can face the challenge." Ball seemed reluctant. "Alright, go into the Judging Room to be judged by Sakurai. So that is where we went.

"No. The 3DS is too weak for you."

The hammer came down as fast as we expected it to. "But Sakurai, we could be part of the NEW 3DS so it could be like a marketing thing- Get the NEW 3DS, get Ice Climbers free!" I tried desperately. "NO. EVEN IF YOU WIN THE BALLOT, NO MEANS NO." Just when we thought we were defeated, a door slammed open and someone shouted "OBJECTION!"
Phoenix Wright had charged into the room to defend us! "Your honor, I mained the Ice Climbers in both Melee and Brawl, and I want to see their return!" Phoenix shouted at the top of his lungs. Sakurai was quick to reply. "The 3DS is too weak." "OBJECTION! I have evidence! Right here is a prototype copy of Smash 3DS that shows the Ice Climbers completely playable!" Sakurai was still 3 steps ahead of Wright. "What if there are FOUR Ice Climbers in one match?" Phoenix pondered this for a moment. "You could give Nana a really poor model!" Nana was offended. "Hey!" Sakurai had the ultimate choice. "No. I judge the Ice Climbers...

"CUT!"

A FEW YEARS LATER, ON A LONELY SUMMIT...
"Yea, i'm sorry Popo, but three years straight of mountain climbing hasn't helped me get over Smash." We sat down on the freezing summit. "There's always next Smash..."

Potatotatop

Smash Rookie
A clap and a half, good sir! That was really good, indeed. Although, I do say, the characters presented could be more than just their name and their skills. For example, their personality. But nevertheless, a 9/10, great.

Mrrgle

Smash Cadet
A clap and a half, good sir! That was really good, indeed. Although, I do say, the characters presented could be more than just their name and their skills. For example, their personality. But nevertheless, a 9/10, great.
Hey, thanks man! Criticism is always welcome here. I'll try to update that in any more writings. Thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom