• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Guide An Average-Player Shulk Guide

Zoramine Fae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-8088-7214
Zoramine Fae submitted a new guide:

An Average-Player Shulk Guide - A short guide for those uninterested in reading too-extensive guides using my small Shulk knowledge!

Hello! Many of you might recognize me as a person who has done a Roy guide and two Little Mac guides before, and I’m taking some time off my current guide to make a sort of TL;DR Shulk guide for those interested in quickly reading through what Shulk can do. It’s not meant to be taken as seriously as my other guides as this was merely something I did to prove a point to someone, and I...
Read more about this guide...

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
So far from what I'm reading without having my final rating:
  • you left out Up tilt in the "Shulk's Primary Attacks" topic despite briefly mentioning it at the end & only saying "used for spacing, KO'ing with Smash art, but is laggy & not rewarding enough", which is something I disagree with.

• you left out Up smash in the "Shulk's Primary Attacks" topic despite mentioning about it briefly within Forward smash

• It's just my opinion, but I disagree with your reasoning about Back Slash. You say the move is extremely situational & that you should avoid it always unless absolutely necessary, but this honestly sounds like you're describing 1.0.0 - 1.0.9 Back Slash. 1.0.0 Back Slash is honestly not bad & improved the move's mixup potential immensely. The only reason Shulk's Back Slash currently is because frame 24 is ass.

• Could just be me, but Jump art Fairplaning with two Fairs into Air Slash was a thing in previous patches, but with the damage buffs to Shulk, it's just harder & harder to consistently perform due to them being launched too far after the second Fair to possibly scoop them with Air Slash.:ohwell: The damage buffs are nice, but due to them retaining the same BKB & KBG, the increased damage just launches them too far at mid percents if you have any rage at all. Now, if you had high rage & did it at mid-low to mid percents on the right character based on weight / gravity / fall speed, then you hit jackpot.

• Under Monado Jump, you mention that it increases Air Slash's range. I'm not completely against this, since the art does extend the range of the rising first hit of Air Slash. The frame data remains unchanged, but because Jump art increases the vertical height, you also ascend very quickly into the air with Air Slash1, so as a result you do have more hitbox range covered upon rising. The second hit is unchanged though.
    Vanilla

Jump

• It's me at the moment, but saying that Shield art's sole purpose being the X reason just didn't fit right with me. I mean, I get it 'cus that's usually everyone's main reason to activate Shield art. For me, I've used Monado Shield for so long, that I find purposes in virtually any situation barring a few MUs where it just hinders you outright during a certain percentage range. So like all arts, Shield art has more than one purpose to be active, & reading that it only has one reason to be selected has me a bit disappointed with that. But like I said, it could be just me.

• Under Monado Smash, you have a typo saying, " increases the damage of your attacks but causes you to take more knockback yourself and for you to deal less damage". I believe you wanted to replace it saying, "increases the knockback". I would technically hold off from saying that the art turns all of Shulk's attacks into kill moves, because we know that Shulk ain't killing with Floor or Ledge attacks.:laugh:

• You have a topic titled, "Monado Arts Invincibility", but you mention that the arts grant intangibility. You're correct that the art's activation grants intangibility but you still left the topic's title saying invincibility. It's no big deal but there is a difference. You also only have 5 frames of art activation lag technically, since the FAF is 6 but this is assuming it's perfect as you've mentioned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom