• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

aMSa to Release Book Titled "Path of a Pro Smash Player"

Photo by Robert Paul (@tempusrob)
For years, the world famous red Yoshi main aMSa has been a fan favorite. Known for his sportsmanship and mastery of one of Melee's least played characters, aMSa has become a household name in the world of Smash. Although he does not compete in the U.S. very often, he has dazzled crowds at tournaments such as Apex 2015, Apex 2014, and Kings of Cali 4, where he did the seemingly impossible by taking down the world's best with Yoshi.

Today, aMSa had a very special announcement! He will be releasing a book about his career called "Path of a Pro Smash Player". From his tweet above: "Finally, after all this time, in today's Gamelabo I can unveil some news! My book, "Path of a Pro Smash Player", will be published this March through Sansai Books! I'm so grateful for the opportunity to give shape to my feelings for Smash like this. More details to come!"

Writer's Note: A special thank you to the team at Source Gaming for providing the translation in this article.

Comments

This is really awesome to hear. aMSa is one of my favorite Smash players period. He took a character that people thought wasn't ever gonna do anything and proved them wrong.

As much as I dislike Yoshi in the smash games for being my literal kyrptonite, seeing aMSa play Yoshi was always a treat to see that dinosaur take stocks from spacies. Just like what everyone wants in this comment section I hope an english translation comes out.

Hoping for an English translation, this is something I'd genuinely be interested in reading.
I offered to Translate this on Reddit, and I'm seconding my offer here. I'm not looking to do anything professional... but I speak Japanese fluently and just got my degree in it so... Yeah.

If anyone wants to help, let me know, I'll try to get the book preordered from my local Kinokuniya so I can begin when it is released.

Hope it's a good read!

Last edited:
It should have a chapter called "How to make other melee players salty"
I think what you need is to talk to Chudat. :troll:

But for real, I'd read this book if it got an English translation. I don't know a whole lot about aMSa, but dang if his red Yoshi isn't legendary.

Last edited:
Will this also come out in America? I would love to read a biography of one of my favorite melee players of all time. :)

Top Bottom