• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Amount of Newcomers

How Many Newcomers Will Be Added?

• 3-5

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • 6-8

Votes: 23 45.1%
  • 9-11

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • 11-13

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • 14-16

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 17-19

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Drawcia

Smash Apprentice
During the e3 direct, Sakurai said that he hoped we didn’t expect many new challengers.​

So, this got me curious; How many new characters do you think will be added, including Inkling, Ridley, and Daisy.​

Yes, Echo fighters count as their own character.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Aside from Inkling, Ridley and Daisy, I wouldn't expect five at most. Maybe a couple more echo fighters on top of that.

You must be crazy if you think we are getting twenty newcomers, or even fifteen. Sakurai wouldn't have told us to not expect many newcomers if there were many newcomers inkoming. That would be extremely poor business strategy. And honestly? The roster is MASSIVE. We don't need many newcomers.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
5 unique newcomers and 4 echo newcomers on top of the 2 and 1 that we know to make for 12 total base newcomers.

Aside from Inkling, Ridley and Daisy, I wouldn't expect five at most. Maybe a couple more echo fighters on top of that.

You must be crazy if you think we are getting twenty newcomers, or even fifteen. Sakurai wouldn't have told us to not expect many newcomers if there were many newcomers inkoming. That would be extremely poor business strategy. And honestly? The roster is MASSIVE. We don't need many newcomers.
Deceptive maybe, but how would it be poor strategy if people are getting pleasantly surprised by more content than they expect? Because he wasn't telling the truth? This wouldn't be the first time Sakurai has surprised people who take his quotes as gospel. Whether it's a curveball or a simple exaggeration, it should not come as a shock if results aren't quite what people expect.

I do believe him when he says there will be less and I'm going to play it safe in my own hopes, but the decrease may not be as drastic as some might think. Yes, it's probably less than fifteen, but with echo fighters, those will at least add some padding.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
About 4-6 more unique newcomers with one of them being Simon, and a few more Echo Fighters. Seems too optimistic to expect 10+ newcomers so I will play it safe.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'm expecting anywhere between 7 and 12 newcomers including ridley and inkling, with maybe 4 or 5 echo characters total as well.

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
I'm thinking it'll probably be 5 total. 7 at most. 10 and above on top of all the characters already present in the series sounds nuts/like the overall quality of each indiividual character would suffer as a result.(particularly since they seem to be taking much greater care and attention to detail towards fine tuning the returning characters than ever before)

Last edited:

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Well, counting the newcomers of Inkling and Ridley already introduced, I'm expecting around 7 newcomers. As for Echo Fighters, though I don't want them, I'm expecting roughly 2-5 introduced in this SSB; counting Daisy.

So counting newcomers and echo fighters, along with the ones already introduced, I see about 10 newcomers... let's say 10 for this SSB. It could be more, could be less, but I doubt it'll exceed 12, even with echoes.

RineYFD

Smash Journeyman
It's safe to say 5-8 newcomers at best, Maybe even 10 if we're lucky enough. Highly doubt we'll exceed above 10. If we do then they are probably most likely Echo Fighters.

osby

Smash Obsessed
6 unique newcomers and two echoes.

Might have one or two more but I'll keep my expectations in check.

Ashuree

Hocus Pocus
I'd say 4 or 5 more in the base game, with More as DLC after release.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
including the 3 we know I'll go for 6, maybe 7 tops.

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Excluding the newcomers we already know, I'm only expecting 4-5 more newcomers, and maybe 2-3 echo fighters.

I'm certain we'll get DLC, but we won't get anymore than 3-4 extra characters.

Top Bottom