• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
Got Lucario and Greninja the other day. I thought I'd never get this far. Pre-ordered Ryu too.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Looks like I am going to get Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, and Waddle Dee amiibos.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
I had a wave 1 Marth amiibo but I gave it away to someone random.

Other than that I have both Bowser amiibo, Charizard and a Lucas I picked up for my friend. Also bought a Link and Lucario for my other friend.

Next are Ness and Duck Hunt.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Not sure if I've said this before, but I feel like there have been some missed opportunities for amiibo series. I realize that it takes time to make amiibos, and they can't just crank them out whenever they feel like it (plus, if they release too much in a short timeframe, they risk people picking and choosing since they can't afford or don't want to spend that much at once), but some games seem tailor-made for amiibo series and they haven't taken advantage of it.

Some examples off the top of my head:

Pokken Tournament: it seems pretty likely that a Pokemon series of amiibo will sell well, and basing it on Pokken Tournament would narrow the selection process down greatly, cutting it down to some of the most popular Pokemon (and Chandelure). It seems like it would help that four of the Pokemon in Smash are also in Pokken Tournament, meaning that support for them is already in place in other games, and it could act as a restock of sorts for rarer ones like Lucario.

Hyrule Warriors: amiibo for Zelda characters, if I recall correctly, are some of the best-selling amiibo out there. A Zelda series seems pretty much inevitable, whether it's for Hyrule Warriors or Zelda U, and Hyrule Warriors seems like it would offer a more diverse selection of characters. Not sure how well characters like Lana, Cia, Volga, Wizzro, or Agitha would sell, but it seems like the others would more than make up for it, and in terms of functionality, they could work similarly to the currently-available Zelda amiibos, giving high-level weaponry for that specific character.

Star Fox Zero: we already know that the game has amiibo support, with Fox's amiibo turning the Arwing into the SNES version. While there might be more functionality that hasn't been said yet (I don't think they'd leave Falco's amiibo out), they could do a set of the classic Star Fox team, with each of them changing the Arwing and other vehicles into the versions from other games (for example, Peppy unlocks the Star Fox 64 versions of the vehicles, while Slippy gives skins inspired by Star Fox Adventures or Command). It would also create the opportunity to make the Bayonetta amiibo more useful, by turning it into the Arwing from the Bayonetta level that seemingly got Platinum this job in the first place.

Mario and Sonic at the 2016 Olympics: this ties in with a few other games, like Mario Party 10 and Mario Tennis, but I find it odd that they haven't made a second set of Mario amiibo, especially since it pretty much writes itself. (Wario, Rosalina, and DK were already in Mario Party 10's amiibo mode, plus Waluigi, Diddy, and Bowser Junior) A Sonic series of amiibo would pretty much sell like hotcakes, though negotiations with Sega would probably make it less appealing than just sticking to their own series. It just seems odd that the only amiibo functionality that this game has is just with Mario and Sonic.

What other games or series do you think should get lines of amiibo?

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Pokken Tournament: it seems pretty likely that a Pokemon series of amiibo will sell well, and basing it on Pokken Tournament would narrow the selection process down greatly, cutting it down to some of the most popular Pokemon (and Chandelure). It seems like it would help that four of the Pokemon in Smash are also in Pokken Tournament, meaning that support for them is already in place in other games, and it could act as a restock of sorts for rarer ones like Lucario.
Pretty sure it's already been confirmed that Pokken Tournament arcade machines have built-in amiibo support - yes, you read that right, the arcade machines. I'm not sure what specifically they'll do - probably let you transfer your preferred fighter/support groups and save stats and whatnot - but that pretty much confirms we'll be getting amiibos for each of the playable fighters, at least.

Star Fox Zero: we already know that the game has amiibo support, with Fox's amiibo turning the Arwing into the SNES version. While there might be more functionality that hasn't been said yet (I don't think they'd leave Falco's amiibo out), they could do a set of the classic Star Fox team, with each of them changing the Arwing and other vehicles into the versions from other games (for example, Peppy unlocks the Star Fox 64 versions of the vehicles, while Slippy gives skins inspired by Star Fox Adventures or Command). It would also create the opportunity to make the Bayonetta amiibo more useful, by turning it into the Arwing from the Bayonetta level that seemingly got Platinum this job in the first place.
During one of SF0's accouncements (maybe the first), they showed a prototype Arwing amiibo that could actually transform into a chicken walker just like in the game. No telling whether other Star Fox team members will be getting them.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wanna hear a terrible tease? The GAME store in my area has Ryu, Roy, Japan Rob and the New Lego Dimension sets on the shop floor... but they're marked with coming soon stickers and they won't sell them to you. I guess they got the stock in before the sell date but what does this accomplish? Only people helped by this are stock room guys and shop lifters.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Got :4ryu: - they had plenty of :4rob: and :4feroy: as well, but we had already ordered ROB from Australia, and my brother wasn't sure if he'd get enough use out of Roy to justify it.

Now I'm just waiting for two more amiibos to come out (:4cloud::4bayonetta:), and I'll be completely satisfied with my collection.

Dan

Smash Lord
I am just a casual follower of the Amiibo craze, but please tell me they released two ROB Amiibo's with the ever-so-slightest color variation just to **** with people...

At first it was cool to see Famicom colors in Japan and NES colors in America, but to release them vice versa seems like a sad cash-grab because you know there's people out there who need to have everything.

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Well, I just ordered Lucina amiibo... I want her amiibo ever since I main her.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So... I finally got the Mega Yoshi amiibo today. I also picked up Ryu.

I'm still waiting for Famicom R.O.B., standalone Digby, Kapp'n, Rover, and Timmy & Tommy to arrive in the mail. Hopefully this week.

I still need to find Roy.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Got a slightly-creased Ryu in the mail... fortunately, I know somebody who would want him, so I'll replace him eventually. Glad stocks are doing well. Just waiting for Roy in the mail and Cloud/Corrin/Bayo releases.

Also I really, really need help tracking down the 20th anniversary Jirachi plush...

ErenJager

Smash Champion
March 18th haul for me included Roy, Ryu, Famirob, and gold megaman.

Gegaman has a smash base so i guess its smash collection.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I looked at the amiibo compatibility list, and apparently Roy and Ryu are incompatible with Super Mario Maker. Unless an update is released to support them, you won't be getting any Mystery Mushroom costumes of them.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Ryu's definitely incompatible - I tried it when I got his amiibo. Hoping they update it to include his costume at some point, like they did with the Midna and Wolf Link amiibo. (Probably when the Ryu and Roy amiibos come out in Japan - I want to say that's in April, but I'm not sure)

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Just gonna update my collection list:
:4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4darkpit::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucas::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman:(Normal):4metaknight::4mewtwo::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4gaw::4ness::4olimar::4pacman::4palutena::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob:(Both variants) :4robinm::rosalina::4feroy::4ryu::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4wario::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss:
:bowser2::peach::mario2:(Silver and Normal):luigi2::yoshi2: (Toad)
:dk:(Normal Turbo Charge) :bowser:(Normal Hammer Slam) :mario:(Both 8-bit) (All Three Inklings and Shovel Knight)

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I felt slightly compelled to purchase the Gold Mega Man amiibo, due to the Smash base, and myself strictly collecting just the Smash collection. Even going as far to buy multiple G&W for the bases for display purposes.

After using the Gold Mega Man amiibo, and realizing there isnt even the slightest bonus and it acts just as a regular Mega Man, it's def not worth the purchase.

Realistically theres no real way to tell the difference between a custom painted one and an official one. Unless theres something in the serial numbers.

I'm hoping for an unique identifier in the NFC chip exists so that its possible an update may give an exclusive unlock. Even if it's just a mario maker suit.

I know I should have expected this, but was anticipating the gold/ silver mario treatment for this amiibo at the very least.

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Just gonna update my collection list:
:4bowser::4bowserjr::4falcon::4charizard::4dedede::4darkpit::4diddy::4dk::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4fox::4ganondorf::4greninja::4myfriends::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4littlemac::4link::4lucario::4lucas::4lucina::4luigi::4mario::4marth::4megaman:(Normal):4metaknight::4mewtwo::4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword::4gaw::4ness::4olimar::4pacman::4palutena::4peach::4pikachu::4pit::4rob:(Both variants) :4robinm::rosalina::4feroy::4ryu::4samus::4sheik::4shulk::4sonic::4tlink::4villager::4wario::4yoshi::4zelda::4zss:
:bowser2::peach::mario2:(Silver and Normal):luigi2::yoshi2: (Toad)
:dk:(Normal Turbo Charge) :bowser:(Normal Hammer Slam) :mario:(Both 8-bit) (All Three Inklings and Shovel Knight)
One big collection you got there.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I felt slightly compelled to purchase the Gold Mega Man amiibo, due to the Smash base, and myself strictly collecting just the Smash collection. Even going as far to buy multiple G&W for the bases for display purposes.

After using the Gold Mega Man amiibo, and realizing there isnt even the slightest bonus and it acts just as a regular Mega Man, it's def not worth the purchase.

Realistically theres no real way to tell the difference between a custom painted one and an official one. Unless theres something in the serial numbers.

I'm hoping for an unique identifier in the NFC chip exists so that its possible an update may give an exclusive unlock. Even if it's just a mario maker suit.

I know I should have expected this, but was anticipating the gold/ silver mario treatment for this amiibo at the very least.
I thought Gold did something special in the MM collection... glad to know it's not that special.

Just curious, have you tried it in Mario Maker as well?

MrToxicPear

Smash Rookie
So i just trained my Ryu amiibo. He plays just the way i want him too, and now i am going to be giving him items and all that stuff. My question is what ability/effects should i give him. The one i know i want him to have is "Critical-hit Capability" and i working to get him that, but i need two more. Any suggestions?

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Just got a :4ryu: amiibo the other day. I still have no idea what to name it.

So far I have the following amiibo:
:4wario:,:4drmario:,:4luigi:,:luigi2:(Mario Party), :4link:,:4ganondorf:,:4villager:, :4ryu:, and
(Tom Nook).

Next I'll probably be getting amiibos of :4cloud:, :4lucas:, and :4ness:. I may also get a :4mario:amiibo and/or a :4bowserjr: one. After those I have no idea which ones to get.

Last edited:

MrToxicPear

Smash Rookie
I named mine Dan. Figured it was time for Dan to get the spot light XD

I like to name my amiibo after something from the franchise. My meta knight is named after his sword, and sonic is named "i'm waiting." hope that helps a little.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I named mine Dan. Figured it was time for Dan to get the spot light XD

I like to name my amiibo after something from the franchise. My meta knight is named after his sword, and sonic is named "i'm waiting." hope that helps a little.
Forest Gump amiibo

Tom Hanks decodes the competition.

Last edited:

mario123007

NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Got another Mr.G&W amiibo, I got him already from retro three pack. But now I want another one as separate.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
As of now my Smash line of Amiibo collection is nearly complete. Only missing the Mii Fighter 3 Pack and the unreleased DLC characters. Going to start looking into display casing soon. I'll be sure to post a pic once it's all finished.

Satonakas

Smash Cadet
NNID
itsiantime
3DS FC
1693-3665-7953
Amiibos are a neat way to collect your favorite Nintendo characters without paying serious money for figurines or life size models, and they can be used for a wide variety of games! Even with the nice features Amiibo have I was just curious if everyone was tired of Amiibo, can't get enough, or you're neutral about it so I made a poll just to see what's up!

Vote plz :)

Nick DePaul

Smash Cadet
NNID
nickzaroo
3DS FC
3239-4036-3837
Hey I remember you! How have you been? I like your poll instead of throwing the casual yes, no, and I don't care. I hit im tired of them because they saw how well Skylanders did with Skylanders Swap Force selling around $4 billion. Plus Nintendo is good at games. In the end it's not terrible especially thanks to them about affecting other games rather than just one particular one.

Who would want to unbox the figures anyway am I right ;)

Satonakas

Smash Cadet
NNID
itsiantime
3DS FC
1693-3665-7953
Hey I remember you! How have you been? I like your poll instead of throwing the casual yes, no, and I don't care. I hit im tired of them because they saw how well Skylanders did with Skylanders Swap Force selling around $4 billion. Plus Nintendo is good at games. In the end it's not terrible especially thanks to them about affecting other games rather than just one particular one.

Who would want to unbox the figures anyway am I right ;)
I'm doing fine thanks! I honestly see no reason for them not to continue this for awhile, especially because of Skylanders. You can get your favorite Nintendo character for fairly cheap, and it can be used in more than just one game. While people complain about it it's really a win-win either way.

MrToxicPear

Smash Rookie
Hey for Duck hunt amiibo. Is the effect "Item hurler" something that would apply to him? The effect gives 1.5x attack power to thrown items, but I don't know if any of his B moves would apply. Can anyone help?

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Hey for Duck hunt amiibo. Is the effect "Item hurler" something that would apply to him? The effect gives 1.5x attack power to thrown items, but I don't know if any of his B moves would apply. Can anyone help?
None of Duck Hunt's specials count as items, so the equipment wouldn't do anything.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
None of Duck Hunt's specials count as items, so the equipment wouldn't do anything.
The Item Hurler bonus effect only increases the power of the items that you've thrown "after" picking them up. None of Duck Hunt's projectiles are actual items, so they won't get the power boost at all. For PAC-MAN, however, he can get the power boost from the Item Hurler bonus effect, but only if he manages to pick up his own fruit, which is easier to pull off with the Lazy Fruit custom special.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I just wanted the Smash Bros one and I only need the last few.

That said, K.K. Slider was tempting. "He's on a stage, he counts!"

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
The Item Hurler bonus effect only increases the power of the items that you've thrown "after" picking them up. None of Duck Hunt's projectiles are actual items, so they won't get the power boost at all. For PAC-MAN, however, he can get the power boost from the Item Hurler bonus effect, but only if he manages to pick up his own fruit, which is easier to pull off with the Lazy Fruit custom special.
Why'd you quote me for this rather than the person who asked the question? As far as I can tell, you're not correcting me.

MrToxicPear

Smash Rookie
Thank you for that info guys. I had been looking for a while with no results. Made his training a little easier.lol

Top Bottom