• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

What the title says. Will add to this overtime with listings.

Rules:
1. Site Terms and Conditions still apply, so please keep that in mind when posting links.
2. No advertising/selling of any sort. Discussing trades is also not allowed.
3. Talking about specific scalpers is frowned upon/potential spam infraction. Don't give them the attention they want.

4. This thread is primarily for amiibos and how they relate to Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U, discussing other games that function with amiibos (that also work with Smash) is allowed, but full scale discussions should be take to the NintenZone Board.

As hunting for amiibos is hard, at least in the United States, if there's an update/deal or tip for tracking them down feel free to tag a staff member so they can add the tip to the OP/change the thread title.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
It really is annoying that NA seems to be the only place with major shortages. You pretty much have to ship internationally to get the rares now, or brave the BS eBay scalpers.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
It really is annoying that NA seems to be the only place with major shortages. You pretty much have to ship internationally to get the rares now, or brave the BS eBay scalpers.
Actually, you aren't alone. The only Amiibos left around where I am are
Yoshi
Mario
Pikachu
Peach
DK
Diddy
Rosalina
Sheik
Lucario
Bowser
Toon Link

Other than those every single one has had a major shortage. Hell, some of the Wave 3 amiibos are totally sold out.... and they aren't even out yet :ohwell:

Radirgy

Smash Apprentice
Seriously considering resetting my amiibo's. I just trained a link to level 50 and I've made it really good by constantly switching characters and stage when fighting it, its AI is good enough to beat all my customised ammibo's. My custom amiibo's have some questionable AI but I can't re-teach them because the buffs make them unplayable (try touching a fox with 200 atk and 100 speed). Not sure what to do, Amiibo's take 2 hours to train from scratch and I have 7 including Link, that would mean at least a 12 hour grind.

I suppose I'll get my monies worth. At the same time though it feels like a waste because the AI can be changed over and over. It's really a question of whether or not it is worth keeping amiibo's vanilla. Will any future amiibo tournaments (if they happen) use normal or customs?
I can't decide.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Came back home from Christmas vacation and my girlfriend had got me Villager and WFT (two of my mains), both which have been sold out in my area for the past month. God I love her.

1amayzingman

Smash Cadet
NNID
1amayzingman
Just picked up a Mario, and a Kirby yesterday, giving me a grand total of 3 Amiibos...plan on buying Yoshi, DK, Samus, and Pikachu whenever I go back to the store lol.

Actually, you aren't alone. The only Amiibos left around where I am are
Yoshi
Mario
Pikachu
Peach
DK
Diddy
Rosalina
Sheik
Lucario
Bowser
Toon Link

Other than those every single one has had a major shortage. Hell, some of the Wave 3 amiibos are totally sold out.... and they aren't even out yet :ohwell:
You're lucky to have even those. The only Amiibos at my Gamestop were Donkey Kong, Kirby, Yoshi, Pikachu, and Mario...they only had Kirby amiibos at Walmart, the rest sold out. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812

Well.. These are my amiibos. I raised Capt. using the "Amiibo training made easy" guide on here... Didn't seem to work very well. Will probably erase him and redo like I did the others. But I'm very pleased with them so far. I really like amiibos.

Edit: I retract my above statement. On Omega stages, Capt. wrecks the rest. On regular stages, not nearly as good. Interesting, since I raised him on whatever stage.

Last edited:

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Since an old thread seems to be locked, I'll continue my amiibo progress here.

So those who don't know what's going on. Check out this
I've got 6 amiibos. I've already told this in another thread but it would make sense to put it here and give out all the information in 1 post.

:4mario:Bidizzle is my first amiibo and currently is the strongest of the 6. He is purple and was trained by me but i also threw in a level 9 cpu at rare times so I can see his progress on taking it out.

:4pikachu:Sparky (blue party hat), :4yoshi:Bozer (red), :4kirby:Curbie (green), :4dk:Danky Kang (red) are the same age and each were trained differently.

Before they started training, they were put on a 3 stock free for all.
Danky Kang won, Sparky was 2nd, Curbie was 3rd, and Bozer was last. Once the match was over they started their training.
:4yoshi: Bozer was the first to get started to reach level 50. He is trained by :4mario: Bidizzle who was already at level 50. Sadly Bozer never defeated Bidizzle once Bozer reached 50.
:4dk: Danky Kang started his training once Bozer finished leveling up to 50. Danky kang was just set in 1v7 level 9 cpus for hours. He actually gets the most kills individually but he still loses and has the most deaths obviously.
:4kirby: Curbie started when Danky Kang was finished. Curbie was trained by a level 9 kirby. Curbie actually started to defeat the level 9 at level 35, proving that they can do much better than level 9 cpus even when they don't get buffs (they naturally get buffs at level 50 I believe).
:4pikachu:Sparky is the last trained amiibo out of the 4. He is only trained by me. Just like Bozer, he never defeated his master.

Once they were all level 50, they were put into another free for all at the same stage as where they first fought (which is battlefield) but 6 stocks instead (because I forgot to set it to 3).

Bozer actually won, Curbie was 2nd, Danky Kang is 3rd, and Sparky was last.

I decided to do 1v1s against each other and see who would get the most wins. I started with sparky and he defeated the other 3 which automatically makes him win because he won all of his matches and the others would already have a lost at least once.

So sparky was put to the test to defeat Bidizzle on Big Battlefield. If sparky was to win, he would have to fight me on final destination as his final test. Sadly Sparky lost to Bidizzle and he will have to try again at another time.
Later that day I got :4luigi:Lugy and just like Sparky, he is 100% trained by me except this guy has special buffs like exploding sheilding at first and later he got healing sheilding as well. I also try to keep him above rather than just have some stats on negative just because of those special buffs. I plan to give him another special but I'll wait to find a good one.

Lugy is actually pretty loyal compared to the others. Don't get me wrong they are all loyal but Lugy does things a little different. He actually taunts even at level 50. He doesn't taunt after a kill but he taunts on the edge when I try to get back and he actually spiked and killed me. Something I didn't know Luigi can do in the first place. I never knew that his down taunt actually was a meteor smash. It's not the same as taunting after a kill but I still count it in my book since I did do down taunts at the edge as mario whenever I killed him. Lugy also does combos I taught him. Such as, down throw + up air and down throw + down B.

Lugy actually defeated Bidizzle in a 3 stock match with 2 stocks remaining. In a rematch however, Bidizzle won with 2 stocks remaining. If Bidizzle can defeat Lugy (keep in mind that Lugy has special buffs) then Bidizzle should be the best out of the 6.

Lugy is actually the only amiibo to do 1v2 against 2 level 9 cpu and win (and it was 3 stock match too). So there's that too.

In the end of the results of these amiibos I currently have, I should list them in order of who is the best. 1 being the best and 6 being the worst. I'll also put in how they were trained so you can see what's the best way of the these 6. Remember there are others and probably more effective ways to train an amiibo (and I also haven't looked at many of these posts yet so...).

1.:4mario: Bidizzle. It's probably because he is the wisest and oldest. Not to mention he can even win even when Lugy has 2 big advantages. He is trained by me most of the time and I can consider him as my partner when I need him.
2.:4luigi: Lugy. His perfect exploding shield with healing abilities makes him powerful with my training. He also taunts still but as a strategy and does combos I taught him. (Bidizzle sort of tries my combos but a little differently). He can also take on 2 level 9 cpus at once.
3.:4pikachu: Sparky. Best of the 4 he was with on 1v1s. Trained by only me.
4. :4yoshi: Bozer. Champion of the 4 in the free for all. Trained by only Bidizzle.
5.:4kirby:Curbie. The 1v1 with sparky was close but still not as good. I'm surprised he is actually very good since he was only trained by a level 9 cpu that was also a kirby.
6.:4dk: Danky Kang. You would think ge would have an advantage on a free for all since he focused on more than 1 fighter. It may have been a 1v7 level 9 cpus but he would still have that kind of advantage. For people who actually think of just letting an amiibo take on 7 cpus at once and think he will be the best, that is not the case. Instead, maybe try to ease him into it or not as many cpus. He is also clueless on 1v1s as I see him do moves with barely any accuracy when he fought Sparky.

So there you go. This is my data with these 6 amiibos. Each were trained differently, they all did a good job (except for Danky Kang, I thought he would be at least a little better. I might reset him and give him a more proper way of training him). They all preformed differently in the end and it is really awesome to see how all these amiibos grew out to be and will only keep on getting better.

We now pick up right where we left off. Lugy has a new special buff added on him to make him OP. He now can life steal, heal shielding, explosive perfect sheild. Surprisingly enough Bidizzle and still take him down but not as often. It's more of 50% chance at this point.

I still want to go through a reset on Danky Kang because his training was just bad compared to the others. Once I get back on I will reset him and give him a more proper training he deserves. He will be better, and I will aim to get him to take out more than a team 2 level 9 cpu at once. I plan to ease him into it and go at a steady pace rather than head on first on a 1v7. He will get buffs (not as much as Lugy special buffs) this time around and will also get some matches with me from time to time. I'll give out the results when I do this (I won't get back on until maybe a couple days)

I will also plan to train some more with Sparky and go through his test with Bidizzle again and fight me as his final test. I will also give out the results.

As for Bozer and Curbie... I got no plans with them...for now.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I'll have to get a Wii U first. If not I might buy the 3ds amiibo stand if they release it in February.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
I'm just gonna ask this again, since this is a new thread and all.

Does anyone know where I could preorder Shulk outside the U.S?

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
My Link amiibo (Ravio) plays way too defensively I feel, I was watching it fight my Kirby amiibo and it just kept running and trying to projectile spam (not sure where it learned that tbh), but Kirby would just catch up and pummel him. I'm thinking about resetting.

My Mario amiibo (Firelord M) is probably the best of my amiibo, he's a good fighter all around.

Yoshi (Dream Yosh) has serious attack power, and is good at combo-ing. This was the first amiibo I trained.

Kirby (Kurvy) could be better, but he's not bad.

Really I feel like resetting all of these to give proper training .-.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Well in terms of my amiibo hunting I do it online
I use Tesco, Game, Argos, The official Nintendo store, Shopto and amazon.
This is the order of which my amiibo came from
Tesco::4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4yoshi::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4villager::4marth:
Argos::4villager:
Game::4dedede::4megaman::4sonic::4shulk::4tlink::4myfriends:
Amazon UK::4littlemac::4falcon::4villager:
Ebay::4wiifit:
Nintendo Store::4lucario::4bowser::4sheik:
Still on the hunt for :rosalina::4metaknight: though.
Shulks out of stock on Game

T-Donor66

Purple Prizes
NNID
T-Donor66
3DS FC
3050-7765-3759
Hi guys, I was just wondering if there is a possibility of being able to pre-order the Shulk amiibo again. He went out of stock once and came back so I'm wondering if that will happen again. Thank you.

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
hey, guys, can anyone help me get a villager amiibo, hopefully cheap?

I currently have no money for it and not sure if I will anytime soon, but helping me at least find a page for cheap villagers or whatever would be appreciated, and I'll hope I can snag one whenever I get the money to do it.

Also I live in the US, where it seems like the shortage seems to hit the most.

I appreciate any help in this!

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Of course, just sending me one is an option too, but it seems rude to just ask for a handout of one.. it would be much appreciated, but there really isn't any way for me to pay back for the amiibo.
If you need help hunting amiibos then you're welcome to ask within this thread, but please no asking for handouts/trading/selling.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
If you need help hunting amiibos then you're welcome to ask within this thread, but please no asking for handouts/trading/selling.
Might I ask why?

StarKun

Smash Champion
NNID
Star-Kun
Potentially opens a Pandora's Box for a number of things, including scams (which have happened in the past). Places like eBay have things like customer protection but we don't so it's better not to get into this sort of thing.
that makes sense, and I changed my post.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
In my amiibo hunt I have found all of them except Pit. The best buys in my area aren't allowed to sell :4luigi:,:4falcon:, or :4pit: until the 30th apparently last I heard, but I'm skeptical that there will be any Pit there that day (or any of them for that matter). However my US amiibo collecting brethren, I have good news! Hastings will let you special order amiibo to be shipped to the store. I believe, but am not certain that means the us just might get marth still. Fingers crossed!
Ill get an update of the wall shot for those interested from the display thread. Let's just hope that with the threads being merged discussion doesn't get chaotic.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
My brother pre-ordered 3 Shulk amiibos. One for me, one for him, and one to keep in the box. This was a while ago, before people started panicing about them.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I've watched the new Japanese trailer for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, and it stated that the game is coming out on Jan. 22 for Japan- the same day that Wave 3 of the amiibo comes out in Japan.

This leads me to believe that Wave 3 could possibly come to North America on the same day that the new Kirby game comes out here, which would be Feb. 13.

It's possible this won't happen for NA and/or other territories though, because the game apparently isn't coming out in Europe until the second half of 2015. But it's just an idea I had.

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
I've recently gotten Amiibo fever. A bit late to the party but I've been hunting and I've pre-ordered or bought the following:
Wave 1: :4fox::4marth::4villager::4wiifit::4yoshi::4mario::4dk::4link::4peach::4samus::4pikachu::4kirby:
Wave 2: :4zelda::4diddy::4littlemac::4pit::4falcon::4luigi:
Wave 3: :4bowser::4lucario::rosalina::4tlink::4sheik::4myfriends::4dedede::4sonic::4megaman:
Need:
:4shulk::4metaknight::4dk:

Tomorrow I'm going to hunt for the wave 1 amiibos I'm missing. I'm going to use this post as my list to know what I have, and what I need to find. Shulk and MK are eluding me. I'm probably going to train Little Mac seeing as he is the only one I will have 2 off. I'm probably going to keep others sealed though.

Well only have one little mac now. Cancelled the original order I had. I still need to hunt for Shulk, MK, and the final Wave 1 amiibos.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
I've recently gotten Amiibo fever. A bit late to the party but I've been hunting and I've pre-ordered or bought the following:
Wave 1: :4fox::4marth::4villager::4wiifit::4yoshi:
Wave 2: :4zelda::4diddy::4littlemac::4littlemac::4pit::4falcon::4luigi:
Wave 3: :4bowser::4lucario::rosalina::4tlink::4sheik::4myfriends::4dedede::4sonic::4megaman:

Tomorrow I'm going to hunt for the wave 1 amiibos I'm missing. I'm going to use this post as my list to know what I have, and what I need to find. Shulk and MK are eluding me. I'm probably going to train Little Mac seeing as he is the only one I will have 2 off. I'm probably going to keep others sealed though.
They look Great sealed :D
Have mine set-up in the original 12 should be re-arranging the others though.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Just to start off I suppose... when do you think the next wave of amiibos will come out? I'm predicting a February or march sort of time down under.
I've seen asian retailers touting January 22nd as the release date for wave 3. As for Wave 4? Who can say?

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
From What I've found in the UK the only Amiibos short in stock are Always Villager Wii Fit Trainer and Little Mac the rest can be found easily so I'd suggest shipping to get your Favourites if they are out of stock where you live. Wii Fit Trainer and Little Mac are the hardest to find constantly being out of stock everywhere (Except eBay and Amazon) I'll report back if I Find any.

Top Bottom