• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Amiibo General Thread - Complete Smash Bros. Set Now Avaliable!

How do you feel about Amiibos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I haven't bought an amiibo in a long time.

Probably should buy one.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
detective pikachu is currently the only unreleased amiibo thats been announced

i wonder if theres more in the works or if theyre winding down amiibo production to a close

Grabendorf

Smash Rookie
So I got a new ganondorf amibo and I wamt to train to to use meme strats dunking spiking etc. How might I accomplish such a task?

D

Deleted member

So I got a new ganondorf amibo and I wamt to train to to use meme strats dunking spiking etc. How might I accomplish such a task?
Yokoso SmashBoards! May I suggest you take a look at Cloud Nine (formerly Amiibo Dojo)? It has guides for each of the amiibo characters and you should probably start there. Another thing to remember: amiibo are still CPU-controlled so it will generally only do things that are hard-coded into their AI (ie. they will not do any fancy combos). Because of that, I, a senior citizen female Smasher, personally do not train my amiibo. In fact, I just collect only the female fighters and just keep them in the box in which they came. I am personally particularly in love with my :4peach:, :rosalina:, :4bayonetta2:, and even my :4corrinf: amiibo.

I hope this helps, and with that...sayonara :kirby:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Any good stores to go Amiibo Hunting?
I only know of one, That being Bargain hunt. Sometimes they have good ones. They had an Entire Shelf of 8-Bit Links for $7.50
image.jpg

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
With all of the new Smash characters announced (and their respective amiibo figures), which ones are you looking forward to getting? (assuming that this is an ideal scenario where they can all be found in stores, and we don't have to get amiibos sent in from Australia or wherever because Nintendo still doesn't realize how popular these things are)

For me, I'm hoping to get :ultsnake::ultridley::ultkrool: and maybe :ultdarksamus::ultrichter::ulticeclimbers:, depending on how they look. (if you can't see the icons for the new characters, clear your cache by going to Tools in your internet browser's options) The only definite picks for me are the first three, though; I'm running out of storage space for amiibos.

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
A major use of Amiibo is exploitation of the Figure Players to get collectables faster.

It works best on 8-player Smash with 8 level 50s on a 99 stock match (I've only gotten six FPs to that point so far though, I will get two more at least to that point in the near future)

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I bought a Shulk amiibo and some NFC tags to go with it. Idk about you guys but actually training the darn things are way more fun than just buying them.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
I bought a Shulk amiibo and some NFC tags to go with it. Idk about you guys but actually training the darn things are way more fun than just buying them.
I mean, I'd probably be training mine too, but I already sold my Wii U and my copy of Smash 4, so I kinda have to wait for Ultimate. :p

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
I mean, I'd probably be training mine too, but I already sold my Wii U and my copy of Smash 4, so I kinda have to wait for Ultimate. :p
>not training exclusively on original 3ds without dlc

pleb

But seriously though, if you do manage to get a hold of a setup, try it. There's been a lot of advances in amiibo science over the last few months (a few of which I was a part of) and you'd be surprised what we can teach them to do now.

PF9

Smash Lord
To me all that matters in training is one thing: Level 50.

To get them there I team up with my FP as the same character my FP is in against a level 5 CPU of the same character multiple times in very high-stock matches on Final Destination, with items all off and none (feeling that items can be disruptive in Amiibo training).

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
To me all that matters in training is one thing: Level 50.

To get them there I team up with my FP as the same character my FP is in against a level 5 CPU of the same character multiple times in very high-stock matches on Final Destination, with items all off and none (feeling that items can be disruptive in Amiibo training).
If the only thing you want is level 50, then you can use Tagmo or a Powersaves to immediately put them at level 50.
See, one of the interesting things about levels with amiibo is that they actually serve no real purpose other than to decide what bonuses the amiibo has at that moment (because amiibo are given bonuses according to their level). So you can take a well-trained level 50, adjust him down to level 1, and he'll behave exactly the same way: the only difference is how much damage and knockback he deals and takes.

TL:DR amiibo are wacky, man

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
I'm hoping to greatly expand my Smash 4 Amiibo collection, getting every character except those who have alternate skins and ZSS and Olimar. These are the names I'm hoping to use for them:

Bayonetta - Sabrina
Cloud - Jon
Dark Pit - Andrew
Diddy Kong - Abu
Duck Hunt - Brian
Falco - Hayabusa
Ganondorf - Gargamel
Greninja - Michigan
Ike - Arthur
King Dedede - Mumble
Little Mac - Rocky
Lucario - Cadbury
Lucas - Legion
Lucina - Arya
Marth - Robb
Mega Man - Astro Boy
Meta Knight - Bronn
Mewtwo - Brainiac
Mr. Game & Watch - DoodleBob
Pac-Man - Stuart
Palutena - Monica
Pit - Rafael
R.O.B. - Bender
Roy - Jaime
Ryu - Walker
Sheik - Karai
Shulk - Jorah
Sonic - The Flash
Toon Link - Robin Hood
Zelda - Ariel

Every single name is a reference to something. Some aren't as obvious as others.

PF9

Smash Lord
No one wants to take a shot at guessing the references behind my Amiibo FP names?

EDIT: Today my big haul of Amiibo arrived. I had gotten King Dedede, Ike, Lucario and Palutena earlier, and the rest just came today.

Last edited:

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Buy Chrom. :p
Oh man, you have no idea...

What do you guys think is going to change in the amiibo metagame? I think we'll have a wider stagelist (it never made sense to me why we only had FD anyway), and I'm curious how the changes to perfect shielding will be reflected in the amiibo AI.

PF9

Smash Lord
Upon learning that Smash 64's "Unlockable 4" will also be unlockable in Ultimate I have obtained Amiibo for them.

Here are their names:

Captain Falcon: Boba Fetta
Luigi: Vito
Jigglypuff: Stay Puft
Ness: Xavier

I have tons of Amiibo name references that need guessing. Anyone want to take a shot at them?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So who all has picked up the Ultimate amiibo so far? I've got a hold on Ridley.
I've got Ridley, but I'm not aiming for as many amiibo this time around. I'm definitely going to pick up Snake and K. Rool when I see them (which, given how well-stocked Ridley amiibos seem to be in my area, seems likely), and beyond that, I'm not too concerned with collecting amiibo for this game. Maybe Ken as well, but that might be more of an impulse buy.

PF9

Smash Lord
I currently have Amiibo for every character that has a Smash series one out, though my King Dedede and Inkling ones are from other series.

I also have four Amiibo for Ultimate characters that have one from another series but their Smash one is not out yet: Chrom, Daisy, Isabelle and Young Link (the latter being Majora's Mask Link).

I intend on getting the whole series of new ones from Smash Ultimate that are not yet released (outside of the four characters that I have non-Smash Amiibo for).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've pre-ordered just about all of them. So far, ones I haven't are Joker, and the 3 Mii Fighters. I can't find a good price combination for the latter, and the former isn't available in any way yet.

Amiibo Doctor

Smash Ace
Writing Team
NNID
AmiiboMD
Gonna pick up Incineroar and Simon Belmont tomorrow. I've already trained the two in separate circumstances, so I know what to expect, but man it'll be good to finally get the figures.

PF9

Smash Lord
I've got a shipment of 11 new Amiibo released this year coming soon

I could probably name Incineroar Tiger Claw since I'm a TMNT fan (ViacomCBS will become the franchise's new owners this Wednesday), or I could name it after a college that has Tigers as their nickname (Auburn, Clemson, LSU, Mizzou). I could also name it after one of the mascots of the SEC Tigers (Aubie, Mike, Truman). Incidentally Clemson and LSU are almost in the College Football Playoff.

Pichu I'm going to go with either Sneezer (Tiny Toons) or Tuffy (Tom and Jerry), baby mice characters in animation.

Top Bottom