• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Ambitions as a Plumber; A Mario FAQ

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
You could try that, but you have to be accurate. If you miss, you're done. If you hit, congrats.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Those are good too, but the usmash will actually kill her though. xD

You could also just ledge hop bair her and rack up her percent until she either dies and you can kill her.

Mikezor

Smash Journeyman
I recently was in a tournament against a Samus (I was playing Mario of course) and I was thinking of counter picking Flat Zone. Wouldn't this be a good stage for counter picking her because of the low percentage kills?

mario-man

Smash Lord
I recently was in a tournament against a Samus (I was playing Mario of course) and I was thinking of counter picking Flat Zone. Wouldn't this be a good stage for counter picking her because of the low percentage kills?
Flat Zone is thE $Ux0r$.

NEVER play on Flat Zone. It is the second crappiest stage behind Icicle Mountain.

Renth

Smash Hero
um...

Yeah what Gimpyfish said.. although...

I'd like to know what kinda tournament you were at that allowed you to even consider playing on Flat Zone...

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That's kinda funny, but sadly any tournaments here would be the same >.<

Here's how it'd look:
Either they'd allow all stages and put it to random or play FD only.
No banned moves [freeze glitch anyone?]
Possibly FFA
And no johns, so if some idiot crosses the screen [even though there isn't much space there!!!] you can't say anything, and people will probably pause, which is teh suck.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
About the down-b. Is there a rhythm to doing the down-b with Mario. I saw that on the 1/4 speed I can get full distance from just pressing the b button about 7- 8 times.

This made me wonder if there is a certain rhythm to doing the tornado for full distance.

Your thoughts?

brianmercury

Smash Cadet
what is a good approach, i have trouble with sheildgrabbing, i can space the bair to avoid it against some but the neutral and down air are problems. Also what throws are good to combo from in general? I'm completely new to mario.

mario-man

Smash Lord
@ Goop

I had that thought a few times..................

I'm still not too sure that it's a legitimate idea......................

@ brianmercury

Either u-throw or d-throw.
I don't know of anyone that can combo after b-throw or f-throw. Lol

A few good ideas are: U-throw, u-tilt, u-tilt(maybe), shffl u-air, shffl u-air(maybe), if not that then f-smash or d-smash. Also, d-throw to d-smash. There are plenty more ways, but I couldn't name them all if I tried.

NOTE: These are always purely situational, and should be used when it seems right, and should be mixed up to avoid predictability.

-PM-

Smash Ace
i can combo off f-throw well sometimes it depends like bowser you can combo of f-throw and dk too just its very uhm unlikely lol

-PM-

Smash Ace
yea it some times works but its not good against people that actually KNOW what there doing lol its better to just u-throw chain grab then down throw chain grab then back throw then blah blah blah lol so many choices

mario-man

Smash Lord
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!
SO MANY CHOICES!!!!!! WHICH ONE DO I USE!!!!!!
*my head during the split second of deciding which combo or throw to use*
**REPEAT OVER AND OVER**

mario-man

Smash Lord
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love this world of smash. the fact how every one enjoys each other's company and act like best friends. (yeah, sure.)

*SWF mod walks up and hands mario-man a trophy for being the most understanding and fun guy to talk with and discuss Melee with. They ask for a speech*

"I just wanna thank all of those people who have been there to help me along in this game; who inspired me to play better, and joked around with me. To Eggz especially, cuz he never treated me like a downcast, but instead chatted with me through like 500,000 private messages.*chuckles* And how he showed me the ways of owning everyone else with Mario. And DylanTnga, for keeping the faith, and not letting n00bs convince him that Brawl woudn't be so bad without wavedashing. And -PM- for being the most recent person to reply to my posts." *bows*

LooooooooooooL

-PM-

Smash Ace
all the characters i cant beat with mario (sheik, falco, marth, fox, marios that are better then me lol) i can beat with yoshi =] idk how it just works that way ;)

-PM-

Smash Ace
lol sorry eggz for putting random crap in the do you need a question from eggz cause hes good at teh mario thread lol

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
I love how my username is so inconvienient to type out that people just automatically shorten it or nickname me. I've only seen it typed out once or twice. XD
So far there has been... Face(which is obviously my tag anyway), McFace, FaceGuy, and now Face Cubed; by far the most mathmatical of them.

and for something on topic.

I know that it isn't something that should be tried for, but if your U-air happens to knock them backwards, is it possible to do a reverse-moving U-air combo on an opponent that has a brain and thumbs? It works on compys, but I know that cannot be trusted worth rigglebargle.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I am mario-man, the mathemetician!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here we go........Face cubed with the hiccups.

Eggz

Smash Hero
I love how my username is so inconvienient to type out that people just automatically shorten it or nickname me. I've only seen it typed out once or twice. XD
So far there has been... Face(which is obviously my tag anyway), McFace, FaceGuy, and now Face Cubed; by far the most mathmatical of them.

and for something on topic.

I know that it isn't something that should be tried for, but if your U-air happens to knock them backwards, is it possible to do a reverse-moving U-air combo on an opponent that has a brain and thumbs? It works on compys, but I know that cannot be trusted worth rigglebargle.
Cape said he did it once like across FD, but im sure you'd have to be a ****** to not get out of that. I'd just go into b-air combos or something.

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
I say Mario's 'Stache should be a constant disjointed hitbox that does 15% damage on contact. Stupid developers.

and for a question...

Against what characters is the jab-grab technique considered less useful against if any?

Eggz

Smash Hero
If a player DIs up and has a really fast sex kick with high priority, you'll get gayed out of your grab.

Other than that, jab -> grab isn't a combo, it just messes up their attacks and disorients them for a second. AKA a 'mindgame'

Top Bottom